Gameboy Micro

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Joestar
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Gameboy Micro

Post by Joestar »

anyone else watching the streaming of the nintendo conference? WTF lol.

for those who don't know, it seems to be a very very small gba

edit: what am i talking about, it IS a very very small gba. like ridiculously small. it's just fucking crazy small.
Joestar
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Joestar »

it's also got customizable skins, to make it look prettier.

did i tell you it was fuck small? Holy shit is it small.
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Disheveled DrFreeze »

well, im interested, ill be watching it as soon as gamespot puts it up

and my good ol GBA is due for some replacement

anything in there about a next gen game boy?
DrFreeze, thinking outside the box since 1985
DrFreeze, licensed road terror since 2006
DrFreeze, Sun Certified Java Programmer since 2007
Joestar
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Joestar »

anything in there about a next gen game boy?
nope, don't think so. unless they were talkin bout it where my connection cut off :lol:
wes1406
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by wes1406 »

PICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The useless amount of characters was brought to you today by the number D and the letter Pizza
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

Can anyone view the stream? Got a link?

This sounds very cool! If it works with flash carts it would be great for NES games on the move!
Joestar
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Joestar »

mattthemodder wrote:Can anyone view the stream? Got a link?
it's over now

and here it is:

not to scale :lol: think it's slightly bigger than that, but yeah thats how it looks
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

4 Inches wide!!

Heres the article to save everybody the agony of the Nintendo website:
The original Game Boy Advance fits comfortably into the pocket of a backpack. The retooled Game Boy Advance SP fits into a coat pocket. Now Nintendo takes aim at the pocket of your tightest jeans with the tiny Game Boy Micro system, quite simply the smallest and sleekest Game Boy product that Nintendo has ever created. It?s thinner than a cell phone, as chic as an MP3 player and as fun as a Game Boy. In an instant it attracts attention and positions the image-conscious player as someone on the cutting edge of cool.

The sporty, silver metal Game Boy Micro measures a mere 4 inches wide, 2 inches tall and 0.7 inches deep, allowing it to sit comfortably alongside today?s hippest technological gadgets. It weighs an astonishing 2.8 ounces, or about the weight of 80 paper clips. Yet Game Boy Micro has the same processing power and plays the same games as Game Boy Advance SP models, complete with standard face controls and gleaming shoulder and Start/Select buttons that literally shine.

With Game Boy Micro, everyone plays with style. A removable face plate gives owners the option to buy replacements to customize the look of their systems again and again with new colors and designs. Most notably, its 2-inch backlit screen shines with incredible power, rendering games in startling clarity with fantastic colors on the best Game Boy screen ever. For the first time, users can adjust the brightness of the screen to adapt to indoor lights or outdoor sunshine.

"We're making the gorgeous Game Boy Micro for image-conscious folks who love video games, the ones who want the look of their system to be as cool as the games they play on it," says George Harrison, Nintendo of America's senior vice president of marketing and corporate communications. "Because of its diminutive size and industrial-hip look, Game Boy Micro immediately identifies the person playing it as a trendsetter with discriminating style."

Game Boy Micro represents the latest evolution in the image of the Game Boy Advance line, but it is not a successor to any current system. Game Boy Micro will be released this fall. The system comes with a built-in, rechargeable lithium-ion battery and supports standard headphones.

The Game Boy Advance line remains tied for the most popular video game system of this generation. More than 28 million units have sold in the United States, yet Game Boy Advance launched a full eight months after PlayStation 2. Video game fans clearly appreciate great game play and portability. Nearly 700 games are now available for Game Boy Advance.

Stay tuned right here for all news on Game Boy and Game Boy games!
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

Whew. I was afraid they'd make the games for the new Gameboy incompatable with the DS. This is good news, because this means they'll keep making GBA games for a lot longer. I like my SNES ports :P
Joestar
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Joestar »

here we go, better pics

Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Disheveled DrFreeze »

wow, looks damn cool

to be honest, if the DS wasnt out already, and they would launch a bit earlier and at a good price id get one to replace my old skool GBA, i was eyeing the SP for the same thing, but i was way to expensive for my taste when i already had all the tech in other form

it looks cool, if i come across one cheap i might pick one up for the sheer novelty and coolness of the thing, but for my handheld gaming i think the next step will be a DS
DrFreeze, thinking outside the box since 1985
DrFreeze, licensed road terror since 2006
DrFreeze, Sun Certified Java Programmer since 2007
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

I want one! lol. How long till release dates get set and everywhere starts taking pre orders for all this new stuff?
Joestar
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Joestar »

i think this should be about the actual size, unless i totally messed up the scaling.

Cid Highwind
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Cid Highwind »

Looks very cool, but I never liked the small stuff... Just like with that old gameboy pocket, it was just too small to be comfortable. I prefer the first, classic gameboy design when it comes down to comfort :P
When I play games I want to be able to feel the controller in my hands...
You feel at ease as you flock with the masses,
What do you see with your heads in their asses?
Keep on railing at what I believe,
Call me insane and I am proud to be.

--Edguy - King of Fools--

My blog
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

Jigoku wrote:i think this should be about the actual size, unless i totally messed up the scaling.

I wont be buying one then. That's way too small, it would be a pain to play that thing. Imagine the cramps youw ould get playing that thing. Also, on TV last week (or two weeks ago?) they were talking about cell phones and Blackberrys and how the fact that they are so small is bad for your hands because they are cramped and not relaxed. It's so so much cell phones though, only for people who play a lot of games of the cell phone.

Edit: Also, wes1406, could you edit your post? Side scrolling sucks. Or maybe a mod could do it for him?
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

Select & Start would take a hammerin if the system was rested on a table/desk/whatever for a moment when playin
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Caboose wrote: Edit: Also, wes1406, could you edit your post? Side scrolling sucks. Or maybe a mod could do it for him?
Yes, yes it does
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

Thanks )()(
Pablo
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Pablo »

Anyone else notice that the new smaller gameboy kinda looks like the failed Neo Geo Pocket? Or is it me?

I am not going to buy it; I gave up on Nintendo and their constant gameboy revampings after the Gameboy Color. Plus, no matter how decent the picture quality gets on the portables, it always hurts both my eyes and my neck after extended playing times.
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

i love it