Revenge of the Sith

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by butters »

Yeah if I had jumped straight into Jedi I would have turned the TV off at the first sight of an Ewok.
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

Butters wrote:Yeah if I had jumped straight into Jedi I would have turned the TV off at the first sight of an Ewok.
jedi was the first one I saw. I was hooked. I came in during the speeder chase. Watched the repeat of the movie a couple hours later. Rented the rest. Loved them.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Return of the Jedi was also my first. I was about 8, and everytime television aired Star Wars my dad would watch. One time I was bored enough to sit down with him, and I loved it. By age 10, I had hundreds of Star Wars action figures, dolls, and toy vehicles.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

i started with the original and went in order.
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

I saw Jedi when I was about 8. I didn't care for it.
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

Ex-Cyber wrote:
I've seen one Star Wars movie. It was one of the most over-rated things I've ever seen. No, it was not one of the recent ones either.
The thing to understand about Star Wars is that it's more than a film series to a lot of people. The quality of the films is actually pretty mediocre apart from the effects, and unless you kind of "click" with the Star Wars mythos and/or are willing to just check your brain at the door and enjoy the action sequences, you probably won't enjoy them much.

That being said, I hope you didn't jump straight into Return of the Jedi...
I dunno what it was, the only damn scene I remember was CP130 talking to Luke (or maybe Anakin, I dunno wtf that little wuss's name was) out on the desert.
Very sexy hero, omg
ASCIIN
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by ASCIIN »

these are the same people who critisize dbz fans for liking dbz games, but say crap like kotor series is one of the best rpgs ever :roll:
<WiLdSeXyPrInCeSs> i luv guyz where would they be wifout us gals???
<XeNoX> Still in the Garden Of Eden you gullible bitch.
CupNoodle
Jim Dandy!

Post by CupNoodle »

ASCIIN wrote:these are the same people who critisize dbz fans for liking dbz games, but say crap like kotor series is one of the best rpgs ever :roll:
First off, KOTOR kicks major ass. You can't tell me DBZ games are any good. Secondly, you're one of the most arrogant newbs I've seen here in a long damn time. Lighten up.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Ex-Cyber wrote:
I've seen one Star Wars movie. It was one of the most over-rated things I've ever seen. No, it was not one of the recent ones either.
The thing to understand about Star Wars is that it's more than a film series to a lot of people. The quality of the films is actually pretty mediocre apart from the effects, and unless you kind of "click" with the Star Wars mythos and/or are willing to just check your brain at the door and enjoy the action sequences, you probably won't enjoy them much.

That being said, I hope you didn't jump straight into Return of the Jedi...
Eh... I find the films too enjoyable (in the way they're meant to be) to consider them just mediocre. On a pure dramatic level, it is sometimes just mediocre, but that isn't what the original trilogy (or the prequels) aims for. They're like serials, with better acting, action, and production. Indiana Jones is the same way.
Funny indeed, now if Fett had worn stormtrooper armour then maybe he woulda been dead
Pretty much all of the extra-movie stuff I've seen on Star Wars immediately struck me as stupid. The plot lines of the novels, reviving Fett, killing Chewbacca... Just generally bad, like almost all of that type of stuff is. I don't really consider it even worth discussing.

Well, all that said, I did see the movie. I quite enjoyed it. It had its share of cheese, bad dialogue, some poor acting, etc. But still, it turned out well. Much better than Ep. 2, and better than 1 as well.

Anakin's progression still isn't really that believable, but I don't think it ever could have been. It will be interesting to see what people who know nothing of the films will think when they watch all 6 in a row. This one had more time spent on light saber duels than the other 5 films combined (well, close too it anyway), and that was entertaining. Once again, Ewan McGregor was great, and Natalie Portman and Hayden Christiansen were deinetly not. Whoever played Palpatine was also great (Ian something).. I didn't even realize it was the same actor until very recently, but he was also truely great in Return of the Jedi.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001519/

Wow, I thought the acting was very similar, but didn't realize it was the same guy.
mikelomax
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster
Location: Off Topic, Since I know very little about the dreamcast

Post by mikelomax »

Butters wrote:http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001519/

Wow, I thought the acting was very similar, but didn't realize it was the same guy.
In an interview with him, he said how happy he was to be involved again as when he played the emporer he was too young (loads of makeup) and now he was the right age and so perfect for the role.
The reason for having: A firewall

Independance day, the aliens were destroyed because a computer was used to access their network and disable key systems. If they had had a firewall, the earth would be just another worthless rock floating in space.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

mikelomax wrote:
Butters wrote:http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001519/

In an interview with him, he said how happy he was to be involved again as when he played the emporer he was too young (loads of makeup) and now he was the right age and so perfect for the role.
Yeah, it's funny.. He's playing a twenty year younger version of the same character twenty years later. Haven't heard of that ever happening in a film before.

I think he gave the best performance in ROTJ. I love his delivery of "So be it... Jedi". Great stuff.

But, he's from the UK, so he has a genetic advantage at playing villains.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Lartrak wrote: But, he's from the UK, so he has a genetic advantage at playing villains.
Or to use the underused in Hollywood technical term:

"acting"
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

Pretty much all of the extra-movie stuff I've seen on Star Wars immediately struck me as stupid. The plot lines of the novels, reviving Fett, killing Chewbacca... Just generally bad, like almost all of that type of stuff is. I don't really consider it even worth discussing.
Jedi Knight series have good plots. did you read the jedi academy books? or any of the old republic comics?
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

EvilN wrote:
Jedi Knight series have good plots. did you read the jedi academy books? or any of the old republic comics?
For possibly the first & only time I gotta agree with EvilN here, though I wonder what Lartrak found stupid about taking Corscant back, mopping up the remaims of the empire, reforming the ranks of the jedi etc.. as for the Fett issue it was said in roj that it takes ages to get digested by the sarlacc & it he was wearing his armour so it'd take even longer. Maybe he's just heard of these things & hasnt actually read what happens? Chewbaccas death was while maybe not too popular well in keeping with all we know about him & Han
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Considering there are over 60 books and only a few of them have crazy stuff like that happening, you must really be mistaken.

Hawq: I think the best possible books to turn into movies would either be the original thrawn trilogy, or the jedi search trilogy.

I too think the vong stuff is some of the most riveting (that dude with 6 lightsabers!) but considering the series is around 30 books and each of them is a good 2-3 times longer than the original star wars book AND some of them like Star by Star are frickin tomes, I can't possibly see all of it ever fitting into a movie.

If they do make movies out of any of the books, i just hope they dont use the Children of the Jedi/Darksaber/Planet of Twilight series as their basis =P
Or to use the underused in Hollywood technical term:

"acting"
hehe.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
ASCIIN
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by ASCIIN »

-Orbo- wrote:
ASCIIN wrote:these are the same people who critisize dbz fans for liking dbz games, but say crap like kotor series is one of the best rpgs ever :roll:
First off, KOTOR kicks major ass. You can't tell me DBZ games are any good. Secondly, you're one of the most arrogant newbs I've seen here in a long damn time. Lighten up.
are you kidding me?!?!? thats game its horrible, nothing but fanboy love goes there, there maybe the 20% of us gamers who arent nerds arent instanty liking anything with starwars in the title.
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

Eh... I find the films too enjoyable (in the way they're meant to be) to consider them just mediocre. On a pure dramatic level, it is sometimes just mediocre, but that isn't what the original trilogy (or the prequels) aims for. They're like serials, with better acting, action, and production.
Yeah, don't get me wrong; I'm not saying they're bad films, just that they're not great in terms of being high-class productions, in the way that many enjoyable movies are not great.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

are you kidding me?!?!? thats game its horrible, nothing but fanboy love goes there,
Well it's all a matter of opinion, but imo i think you are dead wrong, I hate most star wars games, and KOTOR games are the only ones i really enjoyed, why?, not cos im a star wars fanboy, but becos i love RPG's, and KOTOR 1+2 is 2 of the best out there.
there maybe the 20% of us gamers who arent nerds
I'll say something to you that was said to me once,(Not exactly the way it was said to me but anyways) You're on an emulation site for emulating old systems on a pretty much a dead console, you my friend are as big a nerd as anyone here, so get down of your high house and don't be thinking your better then anyone.

Newbs like you get banned pretty fast around here.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

zero wrote:
there maybe the 20% of us gamers who arent nerds
I'll say something to you that was said to me once,(Not exactly the way it was said to me but anyways) You're on an emulation site for emulating old systems on a pretty much a dead console, you my friend are as big a nerd as anyone here, so get down of your high house and don't be thinking your better then anyone.

Newbs like you get banned pretty fast around here.
its funny to think he was the same person asking about information on the SFX chip in programming because he's 'writing a snes emulator for the dc from scratch'
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man