Revenge of the Sith

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Ender
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Ender »

melancholy wrote:
quzar wrote:
melancholy wrote:I also love how they answered all of the plot holes brought up in Clerks by tacking them on in the last 2 minutes of the movie. :lol:
which? i only remember the independent contractors on the death star thing.
Er...I meant the animated series, ya know, where he calls George to the witness stand and brings up things like the droids not remembering Obi Wan, or how he was trained by Qui Gon, but he tells Luke that he was trained by Yoda. In about the last scene of the movie, they just tack it on with Yoda saying something like "I've got training for you" and then they send the droids away to get their memories erased. I don't know, it just seemed like George finished the movie, and then though "Oh crap, I forgot to fix that!"
Hey, there's that kid in the helmet! heh.
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

quzar wrote:
Hawq wrote:& she does get proper training, though she isnt the strongest in her family in the ways of the force of course
and she's not half bad with a lightsaber(Splinter of the Mind's Eye)
Cant quite recall wether she made it herself or if Luke gave it to her though, making a saber is important in a jedi's training but did they take a shortcut? its been ages since I read those ones & most of the ones on my shelf are vong war ones due to the crappy library near me
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Hawq wrote:
quzar wrote:
Hawq wrote:& she does get proper training, though she isnt the strongest in her family in the ways of the force of course
and she's not half bad with a lightsaber(Splinter of the Mind's Eye)
Cant quite recall wether she made it herself or if Luke gave it to her though, making a saber is important in a jedi's training but did they take a shortcut? its been ages since I read those ones & most of the ones on my shelf are vong war ones due to the crappy library near me
Splinter of the Mind's Eye is before she receives any training. There is a scene where luke is knocked out and she picks up his lightsaber and blocks a few blows from vader.

Later on (much) she builds her own lightsaber. I think its mentioned in the hand of thrawn set but i cant recall (maybe she doesnt and i'm just imagining it).
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

in Dark Empire, an old ex-jedi gives her a saber.
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

As I said its been a few years since I read them ones, main focus lately has been gettin the vong war books I cant read due to the library here, that & my memory is terrible

Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

When does the next one (Episode IV, I'm guessing?) come out and what do you think it's going to be called?
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

'Super Lucas pissing all over childhood memories in 3d with splash technology edition' probably :twisted: (the cinema's will need hoses added for the splash tech to work, I forsee it being very popular in Germany :lol:

Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

BlackGuyFromReadinRainbow wrote:When does the next one (Episode IV, I'm guessing?) come out and what do you think it's going to be called?
That's a joke, right?
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

scherzo wrote:
BlackGuyFromReadinRainbow wrote:When does the next one (Episode IV, I'm guessing?) come out and what do you think it's going to be called?
That's a joke, right?
...I've been wondering the same thing actually.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

The series surely couldn't have ended this way... could it? :|
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

from Slashdot
"George Lucas said he was finished with the Star Wars movies, but it seems George Lucas has an idea for another add-on to the Star Wars movie series: a prequel to The Phantom Menace. The story would follow the Jedi regaining control of the universe from the many Dark Lords some 88 years before Anakin Skywalker ever graced the universe. Yoda, who, according to Lucas, was instrumental in the effort, would apparently have a headlining role. However, Lucas, now age 60, says he won't be captaining such a ship if it ever happens."
BS? maybe but it could be good, though the big sith wars were more than 88 years before phantom menace

ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

BlackGuyFromReadinRainbow wrote:The series surely couldn't have ended this way... could it? :|
I doubt it... episode III seemed waaay too open ended. Besides, there is no way Lucas isn't gonna try and earn some capital off of an episode IV
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

Hawq wrote:from Slashdot
"George Lucas said he was finished with the Star Wars movies, but it seems George Lucas has an idea for another add-on to the Star Wars movie series: a prequel to The Phantom Menace. The story would follow the Jedi regaining control of the universe from the many Dark Lords some 88 years before Anakin Skywalker ever graced the universe. Yoda, who, according to Lucas, was instrumental in the effort, would apparently have a headlining role. However, Lucas, now age 60, says he won't be captaining such a ship if it ever happens."
BS? maybe but it could be good, though the big sith wars were more than 88 years before phantom menace

Actually that'd be pretty cool. I always wondered where Yoda came from... or, for that matter, what Yoda is.
Stormwatch
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Stormwatch »

A jedi master, he is. Tell you more, Wikipedia can.
Lines join in faint discord and the Stormwatch brews
. . a concert of Kings as the white sea snaps
. . at the heels of a soft prayer
. . whispered
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

I've finally managed to get out and see Episode 3.
Impressive. Most impressive.
No signature.