Namco is a filthy whore

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Covar »

Orange_Ribbon wrote:
Raijin Z wrote:Yeah, wtf, Namco.

XBox = massive saving capabilities, huge media storage space, internet, newest of the three, huge IUB.
PS2 = fudging falls apart if you give it a mean look, weak internet, massive IUB
Gamecube = Solid as a rock, no internet, 1.5GB media, middle kid.

So I guess they'll sell a bunch of copies, but why not release it on XB? It's not like nobody would buy it.
Falls apart? I have had my system since launch and it has survived

Dust, lots of dust.

Droped no less than 5 times onto concrete because I am clumsy.

More hours than I want to count of paly time

A cat peeing on it.

Dropped down stairs (again I am fairly clumsy)

and tripped over, and stepped on because I keep my systems on the floor.

Now tell me, do you think the X Box, and Game Cube could honestly withstand that?

The PS2 is the 80s volvo of consoles. It may not be pretty but it can drive though a freaking wall.
lol

and wasn't sc2 on the ps2 the worst of the three? i heard it had problems keeping up with the gfx's
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

The PS2 is the 80s volvo of consoles.
:lol: I'd say more like a Clown car.
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

Matisfaction wrote:The GC port was better regardless of controllers.
According to IGN Head-to-head, the Xbox version was the best version. It had the best graphics, sound, and load times.
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

Lunchbox wrote:According to IGN...
Which counts for what?
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

meh, believe what you will. They've played all 3 versions and wrote a 6-page comparison article. I highly doubt you've played 2 versions, let alone all 3 to make such a statement
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

Lets all believe what IGN think s and never buy games with low ratings.
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

i trust egm and they said it was a toss up between the xbox and gc. they were split between the gc for link and the xbox for the controller s (ones who used their own arcade sticks instead of controllers prefered the gc)
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Lunchbox wrote: According to IGN Head-to-head, the Xbox version was the best version. It had the best graphics, sound, and load times.
I have played all three, fairly extensively.

The setup was a projector (so some 'softening' of the graphics anyway) and all used the same surround sound audio setup. PS2 using standard dual shocks, Xbox with controller S, one official one shitty joytech, the GC had 2 wavebirds.

Sound was identical on all three, barring character specifics.

graphics were pretty much the same, the GC and Xbox ones looking slightly better but identical in all obvious aspects - but Iw as playing, not scrutinising screenshots, so there might be marginally higher res textures in the backgrounds on one version or something equally of a non issue.

The gc version loads fastest by a noticable amount than the xbox and a significant amount than the PS2.

With the option to play all 3 versions, people who only owned a PS2 would always pick that version just because they were most used to the controller, ditto xbox only owners and gc only owners.

People with more than one console, or - most importantly I would say - who only play games on PC usually, always chose GC as platform of choice.

trufax.
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

Lunchbox wrote:meh, believe what you will. They've played all 3 versions and wrote a 6-page comparison article. I highly doubt you've played 2 versions, let alone all 3 to make such a statement

Well....My house mate has an Xbox & a cube my other house mate has a PS2 & a cube and i own a PS2 + recently borrowed a cube including SCII off my brother. + all three of us own a copy of SCII

So I've had access to all three versions for a while now

All three of us agree that the GC version is slightly better to play than the other two (Which it is)

Xbox is pretty close then the PS2 version.

All are pretty good but if you want to nit pick then you have to go for the GC version as its slightly more playable (which is most important) It also has slightly quicker loading times, and the best bonus character.

We actually prefer to try games out first than to read about them on some lame website.
Last edited by Matisfaction on Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chaniyth
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Chaniyth »

As far as I know IGN and Gamespot are both xbox biased. I've played all 3 versions, graphically they are all just about identicle especially the Gamecube and Xbox versions.
All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and when they catch you, they will kill you... but first they must catch you.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Dr Wily wrote:People with more than one console, or - most importantly I would say - who only play games on PC usually, always chose GC as platform of choice.
I know whenever it comes to buying a cross platform game, I always opt for the Gamecube version first, unless there is a significant visual difference between it and the Xbox, or if the Gamecube's disc space forces features to be removed. I always, always, always opt for the PS2 version last. It can never keep up with the other two systems in any game. In fact, if it wasn't for the majority of exclusives that the PS2 gets, I would not even bother owning one.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

We actually prefer to try games out first than to read about them on some lame website.
PWNT!

:kiss)
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

Matisfaction wrote:We actually prefer to try games out first than to read about them on some lame website.
'

It's great and all to have access to all consoles. For the rest of us there's websites. Get off it.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

Random_Troll wrote:
Matisfaction wrote:We actually prefer to try games out first than to read about them on some lame website.
'

It's great and all to have access to all consoles. For the rest of us there's websites. Get off it.
Yeah but you could try using a website that's better than IGN for crying out loud...
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

Butters wrote:
Random_Troll wrote:
'

Yeah but you could try using a website that's better than IGN for crying out loud...
Eitherway. People shouldn't bash those who may not be able to afford the consoles.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

double post
Last edited by Lunchbox on Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

Matisfaction wrote:
Good for you. I know i'm not going to bother wasting my time and money grabbing every version of a game and comparing them, but if you feel its worth it then by all means keep doing what you're doing
Butters wrote:
Random_Troll wrote:
'

Show me a better site that compares different versions of games.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Does your local games shop not let you try games before buying them?
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

Random_Troll wrote:Eitherway. People shouldn't bash those who may not be able to afford the consoles.
I have happened to have played all three versions so i have a fair idea about each one, I like em all but i don't agree that the Xbox version is the better of the three. how is that bashing someone?
Lunchbox wrote:meh, believe what you will. They've played all 3 versions and wrote a 6-page comparison article. I highly doubt you've played 2 versions, let alone all 3 to make such a statement
If you haven't played the other games how can you possibly form an argument? Don't form an opinion by referring to questionable second hand accounts like IGN.

That's the point. Not " look at me i have access too all three consoles, i'm great" what kinda loser does that? :roll:

You have an Xbox + SCII then great, it's a great game on Xbox.
but don't go round saying it's better than this and better than that coz you read about it on a website. Play it yourself then form an opinion.
Good for you. I know i'm not going to bother wasting my time and money grabbing every version of a game and comparing them, but if you feel its worth it then by all means keep doing what you're doing
But you feel like you can waste your time and effort comparing them, even when there's 2 versions you haven't played.

+ I don't control what my buddies buy, I can't look in to the future and see that my future housemates will have a copy of the same game on a different console. So it's not my time and money is it. :roll:
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

Dr Wily wrote:Does your local games shop not let you try games before buying them?
Not in America, atleast all the game stores I've been to. The only way you're going to be able to try it is if it's one of the new games they have in a kiosk or something.