Microsoft To Debut New XBOX On MTV

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Microsoft To Debut New XBOX On MTV

Post by pixel »

[url=http://www.ecommercetimes.com/story/news/42186.html]E-Commerce[/url] wrote:Peter Moore, a corporate vice president in charge of Xbox marketing, said Microsoft felt it was important that fans got to see the system "at at least the same time -- if not before -- folks who work in the trades see it." Microsoft will preview the new Xbox in worldwide broadcasts on May 12 and May 13, on various MTV channels.

Microsoft Corp. (Nasdaq: MSFT) Latest News about Microsoft will offer video game fans a first peek at the new version of its Xbox Latest News about Xbox game console during a half-hour MTV broadcast, part of a marketing deal.

The software maker will preview the new game system in worldwide broadcasts on May 12 and May 13, on various MTV channels.
Click Here

During the broadcast, Microsoft also plans to show off new enhancements planned for its Xbox Live online video game service.
More Details at E3
The half-hour program comes days ahead of a major games conference, E3, during which Microsoft said it will provide industry insiders more details of the game system.

But Peter Moore, a corporate vice president in charge of Xbox marketing, said Microsoft felt it was important that fans got to see the system "at at least the same time -- if not before -- folks who work in the trades see it."

Moore refused to provide financial details of the agreement with MTV, a unit of New York-based Viacom (NYSE: VIAb) Latest News about Viacom, Inc.
Cross-Promotion

But he said MTV and Microsoft had been working on the marketing deal for about a year. For the program to appeal to its young audience, he added, it "can't feel like an infomercial or simply an ad buy."

The deal will extend far beyond just the half-hour program. In addition to MTV promoting Xbox, he said Xbox may promote MTV in game play and elsewhere.

Microsoft has not yet said when it plans to release the new Xbox.
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by SuperMegatron »

Peter Moore? like the former President of Sega of America lol Microsoft hired the wrong guy.
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

Microsoft has not yet said when it plans to release the new Xbox.

Really? I thought it was gonna be realeased in europe around November 2005, and North America a bit sooner (like a couple of weeks).
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

SuperMegatron wrote:Peter Moore? like the former President of Sega of America lol Microsoft hired the wrong guy.
Yep, same guy. And no, Sega of America had quite a good run, if I remember correctly.
It's thinking...
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

What era was Peter Moore involved? If I remember correctly, the SoA president wanted to continue the hardcore image set in 1990, but SoJ didn't agree with ideas and fired him.
Edit: He was president during the Dreamcast.. nevermind.
NightStalker
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by NightStalker »

Peter Moore wanted to do some stuff for dc that might have made a difference advertising wise..and the nit wits in japan canned him for some other asshole.whom put the dc on the road to failure.sure moore wasnt a genius..but neither were the turd heads in japan...as witnessed by the downfall of sega as a whole.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

MTV? Phhh, even something like that wouldn't get me to watch that channel.
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by SuperMegatron »

NightStalker wrote:Peter Moore wanted to do some stuff for dc that might have made a difference advertising wise..and the nit wits in japan canned him for some other asshole.whom put the dc on the road to failure.sure moore wasnt a genius..but neither were the turd heads in japan...as witnessed by the downfall of sega as a whole.
Peter moore went with print ads instead of tv ones to save money. Read his ign interview. He also put a ton of money behind seaman and space channel 5.
NightStalker
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by NightStalker »

well if the guy was so god awful,and sega was so right..why did the dc flop?and sega not survive it?

seems microsoft has a better opinion of the man and his abilities..and seeing that the xbox is not a failure..such as the dc was for sega..then i would say that sega had just as much to do with the dc's downfall as peter moore ever could have had.

as for that ign interview.if i remember correctly,that was at the point where sega of japan was slashing the american budget for the dc advertising(and pretty much everything else as well..).the idea's i spoke of were at the begining near launch and just after.there were road tours for the dc,mtv related stuff,cool ads,talk of a vmu mp3 player..all peter moore related ideas,etc..that went up in smoke quickly when sega of japan started cutting budgets to prop up the most miserable sales of japan...
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

melancholy wrote:MTV? Phhh, even something like that wouldn't get me to watch that channel.
when do you think they will play it? between the twi videos a day they play, or between so crappy reality tv shows?
mattcky666
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by mattcky666 »

Orange_Ribbon wrote:
melancholy wrote:MTV? Phhh, even something like that wouldn't get me to watch that channel.
when do you think they will play it? between the twi videos a day they play, or between so crappy reality tv shows?
or between the crazy frog/crappy bird mobile adverts
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

NightStalker wrote:well if the guy was so god awful,and sega was so right..why did the dc flop?and sega not survive it?
The guy was "let go" like the day before the dc launched (well close to if not the day before).
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
NightStalker
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by NightStalker »

Peter Moore
Peter Moore took over as Sega of Americas President and COO at a very unstable time. After the firing of Bernie Stolar, and the critical launch of Sega?s Dreamcast after a failing life with Sega Saturn, most thought that anyone who took over this position would either have a death wish or simply be crazy. Well sometimes you have to be crazy to be a success, and Peter Moore was crazy enough to take up the challenge. Taking up the job just before the launch of the Dreamcast was a risky maneuver, but in time it proved to be the right one. Moore?s success did not stop there as Segas?s innovative ideas began to take flight well before that of Sony and Nintendo?s. Ideas such as SegaNet, the first console dedicated network for console games, allowed Dreamcast owners too play games like Phantasy Star, and NFL 2K1 head to head with other Dreamcast owners. Peter Moore is still taking Sega to the point in the video game industry where it deserves to be; at the top.
(of course this article was written at a time when perter moore was still with sega as you can see by what is written at the end of the quote..)

http://www.classicgaming.com/saturn/con ... 1-09.shtml

The guy was "let go" like the day before the dc launched (well close to if not the day before).
either you were totally misinformed or just rambling to argue...by the way,it was bernie stolar who was "let go" just before the dc launch.
neoak
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by neoak »

I think it should be named "RTV" from now on. Its no longer Music Television, its Reality Television... : =/
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

This will be the first time I've watched MTV in years. I don't even know if I still have it :|
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

why do they try to appeal to the lowest common denominator? :|

this is the last thing i want to hear at school now, how the xbox2 is going to be soooo great, and better than anything ever made or will be made with the exception of the xbox3
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

They make a system and say it will be all you need to satisfy your gaming needs, and then they come out with another version.