I'm going to buy a Xbox

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.

Which Xbox Title Should I Buy?

Poll ended at Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:43 pm

Halo II
27%
Area 51
No votes
Doom 3
27%
Fable
23%
Other
23%

Total votes: 22
Skullreaper2000
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Skullreaper2000 »

I would go with Jade Empire instead of Fable
Safety in Nimbus
Revenge Therapist
Revenge Therapist

Post by Safety in Nimbus »

Skip Fable. Although it is a good game it is highly overrated. If you are looking for an RPG wait for Jade Empire or go get SW: KOTOR which is only $20 then pick up the sequel.

For Online: Splinter Cell:CT, Halo 2 and TSFP
For Offline: Halo 1, SW:KOTOR, Ninja Gaiden

Honestly if I was in your position I would get Splinter Cell:CT. It's great fun on and offline. Or what you could do is take the $50 and buy several older used games in which I highly recomend Metal Arms: A Gllitch in the Systemand Panzer Dragon Orta.
sixteen-bit
Hardware Freak
Hardware Freak

Post by sixteen-bit »

Safety in Nimbus wrote:Skip Fable. Although it is a good game it is highly overrated. If you are looking for an RPG wait for Jade Empire or go get SW: KOTOR which is only $20 then pick up the sequel.
I wouldn't skip Fable - It's a game worth playing, if you can find it cheap enough. It cost me ?15 and I certainly got my money's worth.
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

i'd wait to the next xbox comes out. they will unveil it may 12th and then at e3 where pricing info will be announced :)
navi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by navi »

Georgie wrote:get a mod chip
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

Halo 2. Simply put if you like FPS, there is no other option on Xbox. A ton of people play it, easy to find matches, and by far the best use of Xbox Live on the Xbox. You can get it for around $20 on eBay, so don't pay $50 for it.

Fable if you don't plan to get live, or Ninja Gaiden if you really like a challenge. I recently ordered Doom 3 and Jade Empire, but they haven't come yet so no impressions on those.

If you have around $50 to burn, go the eBay route and get halo 2, Fable and another cheap $10 game, such as Jet Set Radio Future.
Very sexy hero, omg
abydos1000
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by abydos1000 »

I went by your choices in the poll, but for an RPG, sounds like Jade Empire will be the better bet. Fable is short (though you can extend it depending on how creatively evil you want to be), but the price is dropped on it.

I can't get into Halo 2 like I did the first one. It has sat around mostly unplayed. If you want cheap but good, you can often find the JSRF/GT 2002 combo disk for under $10. MGS2:S is an oldie but a goodie (one of the few that is better on the PS2 though). I'd second Panzer Dragon Orta; still one of the most beautiful games out there to me. Others such as Ninja Gaiden are dropping in price now.
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

halo 2

doom 3 because the fixed some isses with single player, still has isssues but its paced somewhat better.

also the online co op for doom

halo 2 for live

conkers bad fur day live and releaded soon

panzer dragoon orta

jad empire

kotor if you haven played on pc but i find xbox version better

ninja gaiden
doa ultimate
project gotham 2
forza soon
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

I think I should also mention that, you can play every system link game through a program called XBConnect. It's completely free and legal. The only bad thing really is that you need both your computer nad xbox connected at hte same time and finding games is a little more of a hassle, but it's worth it.
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

Xbox Live is where it's at.
Very sexy hero, omg
neoak
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by neoak »

Caboose wrote:
King Jeeba wrote:
Caboose wrote:
King Jeeba wrote:Steel Battalion.
That's like $100, isn't it? It comes witha 42 button (I think it's around there) controller though...

I say Fable, but the game is pretty short... If you get Live then get Halo 2 if you don't mind using a controller for Halo 2, because the campaign fo halo 2 is really short, but multiplayer is fun.

$200.
lol, thats the same price as an xbox (over here, but $50 more in the U.S).
Actually, its better to pay those $200 US Dollars in that game and controller than in the Kasumi Pillow... (When the pillow gets sticky, you will wish you had bought some plastic covers... :roll: )
gamedudex2 wrote:i'd wait to the next xbox comes out. they will unveil it may 12th and then at e3 where pricing info will be announced :)
If we all had that way of thinking, i would have a Riva TNT2 and be waiting for ATi's R520 instead of having my 9800 Pro.
einbebop44 wrote:Halo 2. Simply put if you like FPS, there is no other option on Xbox. A ton of people play it, easy to find matches, and by far the best use of Xbox Live on the Xbox.
Thats the one problem with the game. Many, but Many people play it and you're bound to be stuck with idiots as teammates when you use Optimatch. If you get Live, ask here a couple of people for their Gamertags and build a large friend list quick. I tell you that by experience.
einbebop44 wrote:Xbox Live is where it's at.
Exactly.
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

That's not Bungie's fault that the people are abnormally stupid. Seriously, I've met some extreme losers while playing Halo 2.

90% of the leaderboards are bs, because most of those people are cheaters/boosters who don't play real games.

My stats:

http://bungie.net/Stats/PlayerStats.asp ... %20Johnson

I kill them fools.
Very sexy hero, omg
FETUS
Knight of Null
Knight of Null

Post by FETUS »

an
neoak
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by neoak »

einbebop44 wrote:That's not Bungie's fault that the people are abnormally stupid. Seriously, I've met some extreme losers while playing Halo 2.

90% of the leaderboards are bs, because most of those people are cheaters/boosters who don't play real games.

My stats:

http://bungie.net/Stats/PlayerStats.asp ... %20Johnson

I kill them fools.
Today someone "standbyed" in Coagulation playing Big Team Battle. The damn a&^*$#@ wouldn't die with the headshots using the Sniper Rifle. He wasn't moving! He was just there standing and me firing... :evil:

I heavily use the Feedback system regarding cheating. My feedback could make the difference to ban the a&^*$#@.

Yeah, its not Bungie's fault. Problem is, you have 13 yr old screaming kids playing a Mature game. :|

Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Safety in Nimbus wrote:Skip Fable. Although it is a good game it is highly overrated.
Of the many, many, many Xbox games I can slap the 'overrated' label on, Fable isn't one of them.

It's so cheap now because not that many people actually bought it - it's a very solid Zelda style hack and slash
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

Get and play Halo 1 before you play Halo 2. If you play Halo 2 first then the gameplay tweaks of the second game will dilute your experience of the original. Playing Halo 1 first will also help you understand the story. If you have already played it on another Xbox or the PC then ignore this :wink:

I also highly recommend the following exclusive games:

Jet Set Radio Future
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Gunvalkyrie
Outrun 2
MotoGP 2
Rallisport Challenge 2
Top Spin
Links 2004
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
Project Gotham Racing 2
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Ghost Recon 2 (different game from the other crap versions)
Kung Fu Chaos (for multiplayer larks only. Single player is pants)
Amped 2
Fable
Otogi 2
Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders
Crimson Skies
Phantom Dust (if you have Live)

But most importantly of all BUY NINJA GAIDEN!!!!!

If you don't have a great PC then also pick up Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, Brothers In Arms, Thief: Deadly Shadows, Deus Ex: IW, Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay, Morrowind: Game of the Year and KOTOR 1 & KOTOR 2 etc
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Disheveled DrFreeze »

einbebop44 wrote:Halo 2. Simply put if you like FPS, there is no other option on Xbox.
*cough* bullshit *cough*

may o present you with a list of xbox FPS games i like better than halo2, most of which are also live:

- Rainbow six 3
- Rainbow six Black Arrow
- Timesplitters Future Perfect
- Timesplitters 2 (not live)
- Return to castle wolfenstein: Tides of war
- Star wars jedi academy (not really 100% fps, but very solid non the less)

and this is practicly all the fps's i even own on xbox, save for XIII which i got rid off, because it didnt grip me, and off course halo2, since i cant like halo2 more or less then halo2, and borderline cases like Ghost recon 2, which isnt a real fps anyway

now if i didnt spend so damn much time on the internet, and wasnt adicted to playing battlefield vietnam, you can bet your ass id be playing one of the games on that list, and halo2 would still be gathering dust
Eckostyle
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by Eckostyle »

Fable. Fable. Fable.
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

einbebop44 wrote:Halo 2. Simply put if you like FPS, there is no other option on Xbox.
:guffaw:

I'm with DrFreeze on this, I really can't pretend to like Halo, especially when there are more than a couple of FPS games that outclass it by a country mile. It's just one mans opinion but TimeSplitters really does kick Halo's baboon like ass.
abydos1000
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by abydos1000 »

This is a good list. Just be prepared to grow an extra hand if you plan to play Gunvalkyrie.
CoasterKing wrote:Get and play Halo 1 before you play Halo 2. If you play Halo 2 first then the gameplay tweaks of the second game will dilute your experience of the original. Playing Halo 1 first will also help you understand the story. If you have already played it on another Xbox or the PC then ignore this :wink:

I also highly recommend the following exclusive games:

Jet Set Radio Future
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Gunvalkyrie
Outrun 2

snip...