Looney Toons gets a big and bad makover

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Hawq » Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:07 pm

If only the new TF would be shown on somethin other than sky here, if only dreamwave were still goin for the comics as well they will be sadly missed. That new turtles is quite nice, oddly ninja isnt an evil word here now so it keeps its name, throwing usagi yojimbo into one story threw me slightly at first but I guess when takin characters from many dimensions then why not?
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 » Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:17 pm

*sigh*
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
mkjones
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by mkjones » Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:01 pm

:(
Dust on the Dreamcast
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 » Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:17 pm

if they want futuristic look at duck dodgers i love thatc artoon.. if they want to get young viewers watching and older viewers watching. um why not just use the models they been using, but make a good new show with all fo them. also what about new looney toons shorts debut during warner bros movies.

and last a looney toons movie.. i have an original idea lol. why no t instead of humans involved, just use a full animated film instead.

looney toons own, but with that crap they want to make they are hurting them. i enjoyed baby looney toons for what it was. but this version they doing with re imaging them sucks major ass.

what about toon wars or toon trek? and use looney toons characters they way they been doing .
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 » Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:21 pm

they turtles cartoon owns beat teh toriginal. but the original was fun to watch, it just had no real plots. the new cartoon works for the comic books more.

thats not totally changing the looks of the cahracters or anything.

looks at this looney toons thing, and wonders who really running the animation department these days. fells bad for them . and would love to see this project put to sleep. and an all new looney toons cartoon with the real characters on air.
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 » Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:01 pm

The more I think about it, the more I think that they lost a bet and let some intern with no real talent or the new coffee-and-donut-fetcher-guy from the temp agency have free reign for a week with the understanding that his ideas wouldn't be thrown out when he was given the gate. I mean, look at Warner Bro's cartoons throughout their history. You had Merrie Melodies and LooneyToons. They followed certain rules. Some newer stuff with the Looney Toons characters still followed those rules, even though they were updated to be appropriate for the time in which they were made. Then, you get Tiny Toons and Animaniacs, and *GASP!* not only are they funny, they look like newer versions of Looney Toons and Merrie Melodies! They didn't look like Batman's retarded step-brother, for Christs's sake. For a company to take a franchise and totally throw away all of its trademark characteristics says that something evil has infiltrated their ranks, hence my theory about the inept intern or idot new guy.
XPoGoX
XPoison FreeX
XPoison FreeX

Post by XPoGoX » Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:29 pm

Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley » Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:39 pm

They are merely updating their looks. They have been around for ages....and wtf!! No marvin the martian! He always gets left out of the cool stuff...
bizzle

Post by bizzle » Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:42 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 » Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:01 pm

that road runner looks more like a blue version of daffy. they should just leave this alone. why do they need to go with a teen titans look :(
ETR
Dumb

Post by ETR » Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:35 pm

Smiley wrote:They are merely updating their looks. They have been around for ages....and wtf!! No marvin the martian! He always gets left out of the cool stuff...
Thats a tad more than a look update. I am reminded of the Gregg The Bunny episode where they update Sweetknuckle Junction. It didn't get past a pilot, and neither should this.
Smiley wrote:I was bored and like to hear myself talk, that's all....
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 » Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:40 pm

this should be shot down um now. i seen it on the news thismorning , everyone hating it. its so obvious who the **** would like this. i hope the show bombs. i do feel sory about the people that will be forced to work on this and lossing jobs if they don't get hired for soemthing elese fast though, but damn let it die already
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by SuperMegatron » Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:46 pm

Warner Bros. just doesn't get it. Disney has tried numerous times to make new Donald and Mickey toons and they all suck. They used computers to make them and it shows up it just looks weird and the voice actors and story writers dont have the same level of talent that they did in the 40's. They should just make a new series with new characters. My son was watching a looney toons episode the other day one of my favorites the one where Daffy is running from the draft board. He loved it. He cant understand what the draft is but something about the writing just connected with him. This new show does nothing but decrease the value of the original.
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar » Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:50 pm

if they want futuristic look at duck dodgers i love thatc artoon.. if they want to get young viewers watching and older viewers watching. um why not just use the models they been using, but make a good new show with all fo them. also what about new looney toons shorts debut during warner bros movies.

and last a looney toons movie.. i have an original idea lol. why no t instead of humans involved, just use a full animated film instead.
new looney toon shorts would be terrible because of no mel blanc. that man was superb. they actually made a few shorts a while back without him and everything just sounded off.
Maximo2703
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Maximo2703 » Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:21 am

oh my i agree with everyone they look horrible.
AgentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen

Post by AgentGreen » Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:38 pm

Wow...they should die...
SchmuckofNI
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by SchmuckofNI » Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:50 pm

Horrid. Absolutely horrid. Why not just make more Tiny Toons while they are at it?
Vchat20
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Vchat20 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:44 am

i think we can all agree that this cartoon sucks and should be blwon off the face of th earth. anyone up for a petition? betting you any money the signings will skyrocket on it :mrgreen:
GyroVorbis
Elysian Shadows Developer
Elysian Shadows Developer

Post by GyroVorbis » Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:08 am

I bet these are the same guys who helped in the transition from Mario World to Mario Sunshine... :roll:
Elysian Shadows - "Next-Gen" 2D/3D RPG coming to Sega Dreamcast, Steam, OUYA, and Smartphones
http://www.elysianshadows.com
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet » Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:13 am

Mario sunshine was a decent game! :x

This, however, looks like complete rubbish and shouldn't see the light of day. EVER!
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800