Has Gamecube become Dreamcast 2?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.

Has Gamecube become the successor to the Dreamcast?

Yes, and I own one.
32%
No, but I do own one.
35%
No, you're mental.
32%

Total votes: 34
Hobbes T Tiger
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Has Gamecube become Dreamcast 2?

Post by Hobbes T Tiger »

I've mentioned this before but given the recent flurry of `cube related topics I'm really starting to think that DC owners seem to have migrated Nintendo's way. I assume this is because of the Sega support for the system.

So, has Gamecube become the succesor to the Dreamcast?
Freeze
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Freeze »

No.
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Disheveled DrFreeze »

no, i do own one, but that wasnt for the sega games, but for the nintendo stuff
DrFreeze, thinking outside the box since 1985
DrFreeze, licensed road terror since 2006
DrFreeze, Sun Certified Java Programmer since 2007
Freeze
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Freeze »

I almost forgot to say, that the Dreamcast is the real thing:

http://www.dreamcast-scene.com/index.ph ... dDreamcast

...and by the way, I know more Dreamcast owners who got an Xbox and telling the same about that it would be the succesor of the Dreamcast.
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Disheveled DrFreeze »

yes, the xbox has more action titles and stuff like sega gt, gamecube just inherited sonic

and that DC looks pimp
DrFreeze, thinking outside the box since 1985
DrFreeze, licensed road terror since 2006
DrFreeze, Sun Certified Java Programmer since 2007
GyroVorbis
Elysian Shadows Developer
Elysian Shadows Developer

Post by GyroVorbis »

No, just NO! Stoppit! The GameCube will never match the greatness of the DC. Let's just face it, the Gamecube has a much younger audience.

The thing is purple, that might give you a clue.

Where's the Samba De Amigo? Where's the Online Capabilities? Where's the VMU?

I mean, Sega has made some things that were DC-ish for the GC (all of which I find the DC version pwnz), but the GC just doesn't have the magic that DC does.

It doesn't have that lush diversity of titles and completely awesome line of peripherals and homebrew support backing it. It can't even play CDs for god's sake...

I'm sorry, but DC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>GC...
tekkaman1
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by tekkaman1 »

GyroVorbis wrote:No, just NO! Stoppit! The GameCube will never match the greatness of the DC. Let's just face it, the Gamecube has a much younger audience.

The thing is purple, that might give you a clue.

Where's the Samba De Amigo? Where's the Online Capabilities? Where's the VMU?

I mean, Sega has made some things that were DC-ish for the GC (all of which I find the DC version pwnz), but the GC just doesn't have the magic that DC does.

It doesn't have that lush diversity of titles and completely awesome line of peripherals and homebrew support backing it. It can't even play CDs for god's sake...

I'm sorry, but DC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>GC...
Yes. The Gamecube is no DC. DC is better because it had variety of games.
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

I know more Dreamcast owners who got an Xbox
I got an Xbox. And I voted no, are you mental? Because take a good look at the Xbox, you will see way more things that originated from the Dreamcast that went to Xbox (Look at where you put the memory card/ mic, Look at the built in Online +many other things).
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

The Dreamcast was a fantastic system and we all loved it for the company that Sega was, Sega's innovation constantly put into the system, and it's fighting chance on the market.

Now, once you put aside your passionate fanboyisms, the Gamecube has already surpassed the Dreamcast when speaking of their libraries. The Dreamcast had many great games but the majority of them were overhyped in hope for winning another system-purchase.

Yea, we all loved the Dreamcast. We all made it our own as the mainstream public ignored it, but it's dead; and the hype is hardly building better nostalgia.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
DCFan2004
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by DCFan2004 »

I said no you're mental, but thats not really close to what I would have said. I think the gamecube is making its way towards DC in the sense that its bottoming out like the DC did. However as a succesor I would probably pick the Xbox because theres a lot of games that were on DC that have been ported and improved to the xbox.
The Kron
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by The Kron »

DCFan2004 wrote:However as a succesor I would probably pick the Xbox because theres a lot of games that were on DC that have been ported and improved to the xbox.
No.
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

The Kron wrote:
DCFan2004 wrote:However as a succesor I would probably pick the Xbox because theres a lot of games that were on DC that have been ported and improved to the xbox.
No.
Yes. look At PSO Episode 1 and 2(way better for online than the GC version). I know that there are tons more I just cant think of them because I don't onw them/ havent played them before lol.
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

i think the cube will be if you look for the homebrew scene for it. its cheaper to mod and smaller so people can travel withoit bettter like the dc :)
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

King Jeeba wrote:Yea, we all loved the Dreamcast. We all made it our own as the mainstream public ignored it, but it's dead; and the hype is hardly building better nostalgia.
Hmmm... MY Dreamcast wasn't dead the last time I checked.
Freeze
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Freeze »

Caboose wrote:
The Kron wrote:
No.
Yes. look At PSO Episode 1 and 2(way better for online than the GC version). I know that there are tons more I just cant think of them because I don't onw them/ havent played them before lol.
You mean that PSO Episode 1 & 2 which is also available for GameCube, right?
The Kron
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by The Kron »

Caboose wrote:
The Kron wrote:
No.
2xNo.
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

lol.
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

If any machines a spiritual successor its the Xbox much as I hate M$ for their attitudes to those that dare modify their own property & so forth. As for the GC bein cheaper to mod not really, Xbox soft mod 1 game & an ar/modified mem card with ar software (freely available), 1 PC to transfer files over from time to time. GC 1 pso, 1 bba, 1 PC running in order to send anything over to it, needed every time. Now take the PC cost away as we all have one of them anyway & you're still left with the burden of a bba for the gc which if you aint goin online with it is a bigger drain on funds than it otherwise would be. Untill the gc has a boot disc or the ar can be used as one then its got no chance on the homebrew or emu front of beating the xbox & isnt the homebrew & emu scene one of the things we love best about our DC's?
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
navi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by navi »

Hawq wrote:If any machines a spiritual successor its the Xbox much as I hate M$ for their attitudes to those that dare modify their own property & so forth. As for the GC bein cheaper to mod not really, Xbox soft mod 1 game & an ar/modified mem card with ar software (freely available), 1 PC to transfer files over from time to time. GC 1 pso, 1 bba, 1 PC running in order to send anything over to it, needed every time. Now take the PC cost away as we all have one of them anyway & you're still left with the burden of a bba for the gc which if you aint goin online with it is a bigger drain on funds than it otherwise would be. Untill the gc has a boot disc or the ar can be used as one then its got no chance on the homebrew or emu front of beating the xbox & isnt the homebrew & emu scene one of the things we love best about our DC's?
No Defintately Not.

If anything the Xbox is becoming the New DC. with it's modding capabilites and the such. Let's face it that's why we're here, Modding and Emulation.

Edit: Damn Hawq beat me too it :lol:
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

plus the way its haemorraghing money from its parent company, and the controllers are almost identical except they replaced the VMU port with a huge frigging X in case you forgot what console you are playing on*.

*v1 controllers obviously. They just stole the PS2 look for v2.