Emo Kids?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Matisfaction »

Emo just seems like part time goth to me, i dunno maybe im missing somthing?
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

More like goth-lite. Or pure retarded.
No signature.
ETR
Dumb

Post by ETR »

You answered "yes" to 32 of 50 questions, with a total value of 35 points out of 53, making you 34.0% HAPPINESS pure (66.0% HAPPINESS corrupt); that is, you are 34.0% pure in the EMO domain (you have 66.0% EMO in you).
According to the scoring guide, your EMO experience level is: KINDA SAD
Your Weirdness Factor (AKA Uniqueness Factor) is 44%, based on a comparison of your test results with 41778 other submissions for this test.

ghey.
Smiley wrote:I was bored and like to hear myself talk, that's all....
ETR
Dumb

Post by ETR »

toastman wrote:More like goth-lite. Or pure retarded.
How exactly do you get that emo is "goth-lite"? Different styles, different music, somewhat the same attitude, but in most places the goth kids and the emo kids hate each other.
ETR
Dumb

Post by ETR »

XPoGoX wrote:
fashioncore.
:lol: :roll: :lol:
I cant believe people actually made such a stupid offbranch of hardcore....meh thats what ya get for commercializing hardcore i guess.
I just found out I was 'fashioncore' after reading a link on that "how to dress emo" page. I wear band tees, have messy dyed black hair, and I listen to hardcore, and thats apparently enough to make me fashioncore. When I said it, it was pretty much a joke.

Sorry about the triple post, I'm really bad at responding to multiple things in a single post.
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Disheveled DrFreeze »

You answered "yes" to 7 of 50 questions, with a total value of 7 points out of 53, making you 86.8% HAPPINESS pure (13.2% HAPPINESS corrupt); that is, you are 86.8% pure in the EMO domain (you have 13.2% EMO in you).
According to the scoring guide, your EMO experience level is: INDIFFERENT
Your Weirdness Factor (AKA Uniqueness Factor) is 43%, based on a comparison of your test results with 41778 other submissions for this test.

and i really dont understand what hardcore has to do with emo? if you believe that test im slightly more emo for having listened to hardcore and like it
DrFreeze, thinking outside the box since 1985
DrFreeze, licensed road terror since 2006
DrFreeze, Sun Certified Java Programmer since 2007
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

You answered "yes" to 9 of 50 questions, with a total value of 9 points out of 53, making you 83.0% HAPPINESS pure (17.0% HAPPINESS corrupt); that is, you are 83.0% pure in the EMO domain (you have 17.0% EMO in you).
According to the scoring guide, your EMO experience level is: GLUM
Your Weirdness Factor (AKA Uniqueness Factor) is 44%, based on a comparison of your test results with 41778 other submissions for this test.

HA, TOLD YOU I WASN'T EMO.
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

Elmo
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

Here is the result of your EMO Test (How Emo Are You?) Purity Test.
You answered "yes" to 2 of 50 questions, with a total value of 2 points out of 53, making you 96.2% HAPPINESS pure (3.8% HAPPINESS corrupt); that is, you are 96.2% pure in the EMO domain (you have 3.8% EMO in you).
According to the scoring guide, your EMO experience level is: INDIFFERENT
Your Weirdness Factor (AKA Uniqueness Factor) is 50%, based on a comparison of your test results with 41778 other submissions for this test.

The average purity for this test is 48.7%.
The first submission for this test was received February 28, 2000.
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

You answered "yes" to 26 of 50 questions, with a total value of 26 points out of 53, making you 50.9% HAPPINESS pure (49.1% HAPPINESS corrupt); that is, you are 50.9% pure in the EMO domain (you have 49.1% EMO in you).
According to the scoring guide, your EMO experience level is: MELANCHOLY
Your Weirdness Factor (AKA Uniqueness Factor) is 40%, based on a comparison of your test results with 41778 other submissions for this test.
XPoGoX
XPoison FreeX
XPoison FreeX

Post by XPoGoX »

ETR wrote:
XPoGoX wrote:
fashioncore.
:lol: :roll: :lol:
I cant believe people actually made such a stupid offbranch of hardcore....meh thats what ya get for commercializing hardcore i guess.
I just found out I was 'fashioncore' after reading a link on that "how to dress emo" page. I wear band tees, have messy dyed black hair, and I listen to hardcore, and thats apparently enough to make me fashioncore. When I said it, it was pretty much a joke.

Sorry about the triple post, I'm really bad at responding to multiple things in a single post.
Naw i know you are kidding...but kids actually are proud of the title of fashioncore, pretty dumb if you ask me. Hardcore was never about how you dress till uhm about a year and half ago....gay.
DeAthWaGer
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by DeAthWaGer »

XPoGoX, to answer your question, real metal went back underground where it should be. I am in a metal band and the scene is awesome. Basically there's a few handful of bands up and coming per state in the US that have respectable talent.
We play shows with hardcore bands, but unfortunately, so do emo bands... but that's what this topic is all about.

Back to metal:
Many thrash, death, christian, hardcore, glam/pop, etc. metal bands are still around. They just don't play stadiums anymore. Well, except for the occasional stupid tour with washed up acts like Poison.

And no, I don't count Metallica. A few of the good bands pop up every once in a while to do the stadium thing (i.e. Ozzfest), but I usually wait until they tour again where I can pay 1/4 the price to see them in a smaller, more personal venue.

It's really cool to go to bars and small (few hundred people or less) venues where crowds get to see metal bands close up, and even hang and drink with them afterwards. Basically if you see most bands from the 80s and 90s you're guaranteed to be able to talk to them and get autographs and such, unlike back when they were "popular".

As for the rest of the world, Europe is LOADED with metal. If you're in a successful metal band from the US (meaning you tour the east or west coast once in a while), you will probably get the chance to go to Europe and sell out stadiums (no joke). Germany and Sweden in particular have great scenes, especially Gothenburg, Sweden. If you heard of the New Wave of British Heavy Metal from the 80s, well, the mid nineties was the New Wave of Swedish Death Metal...

Great stuff. Simple growling/screaming vocals, but the rest of the band are excellent musicians.

Germany is pretty overloaded with power metal bands (what do you expect from the country that Helloween came from). I almost see it as a replacement for pop/hair metal in today's metal scene, since most pop/hair metal bands today are either DEAD or converted to hard rock (think grunge and early 90s alternative). The funny thing is the LESS popular pop/hair bands are doing very well musically doing the hard rock thing.

Japan is incredible as well, most J-pop and J-rock bands are actually very metal in nature. I've seen a few J-rock bands and wow they are awesome.

anyhow, I just typed one quick history lesson!

check out my band:

http://www.audiostreet.net/wheelingbitchcircus

hmm... I should have that as my quote...

STAY METAL!!!
Wheeling Bitch Circus - Keepin' it METAL since 1998:

http://www.myspace.com/wheelingbitchcircus
XPoGoX
XPoison FreeX
XPoison FreeX

Post by XPoGoX »

DeAthWaGer...let me know if you guys need some shows in the new england area, my band is doing a 2 week tour pretty soon...send me a pm if you get the chance.
Yonke
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Yonke »

You answered "yes" to 18 of 50 questions, with a total value of 18 points out of 53, making you 66.0% HAPPINESS pure (34.0% HAPPINESS corrupt); that is, you are 66.0% pure in the EMO domain (you have 34.0% EMO in you).
According to the scoring guide, your EMO experience level is: MELANCHOLY

The average purity for this test is 48.7%.
The first submission for this test was received February 28, 2000.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

I'm Glamrock.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Freeze
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Freeze »

Darn. It almost seems that I dress up myself just like Emo kids... except wristbands and long hair...
Skater_dusto
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Skater_dusto »

Any wad who needs to voluntarily generalize themselves into some stupid looking social group or clique (or whatever the hell they are) seem like a bunch of dickheads to me. Emo kids make me laugh.

I don't know if some like ammaring, or two steps behind would fall under that category. As I have no problem with "emotional" type songs, but I never even knew what the hell emo was until I clicked this thread. Good music is good music. I don't see anything wrong with being passionate about music, but when you're an emo-wad... I dunno.. :)
ETR
Dumb

Post by ETR »

Freeze wrote:Darn. It almost seems that I dress up myself just like Emo kids... except wristbands and long hair...
Yeah, you look emo.

:lol:
revengeofLaEternal
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by revengeofLaEternal »

Eh... I don't have a "scene" or "style" as prescirbed by people I couldn't care less about. I'm just me.

EDIT: Took that test other people took... Half of it was of no consequence or relevance, and the results made no sense. What a waste.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

You answered "yes" to 8 of 50 questions, with a total value of 8 points out of 53, making you 84.9% HAPPINESS pure (15.1% HAPPINESS corrupt); that is, you are 84.9% pure in the EMO domain (you have 15.1% EMO in you).
According to the scoring guide, your EMO experience level is: GLUM