iPod Shuffle!

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Post by melancholy »

I really am not going to choose sides here since I agree with both. I personally have an iPod, and I love it. It just looks nice, and the scroll wheel is wonderful. I mainly use it to transfer files to and from school. I can plug it into any PC, Mac, whatever, and it will work flawlessly without any software. It's definately a plus when it comes trasfering my video edits from lab to lab. Now, since I've never used any other MP3 players, I don't know what other ones can work on both PC and Macs. Of course, the iPod isn't perfect either. Cost is definately an issue. And it does have less features than other brands. I won't argue with that. I just bought it because I was guaranteed ease of use on all platforms, which was my huge concern.

Now, as for the iPod Shuffle, as much as I hate to say it, I'm going with Spag on this one:
spaghetti wrote:The iPod shuffle is still pointless, no matter how you choose to look at it.
Seriously, the only thing it has going for it is looks. Without a screen or any new features, this is going to be an extremely hard sell for Apple.
megaman8x
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Been thanked: 0

Post by megaman8x »

Nyarlathotep wrote:
Orange_Ribbon wrote: What other MP3 players did you look at before you bought yours, Gold Plated jewel encrusted ones? Archos makes them with bigger capacity for a lower price. the only trade off is you have to carry a couple of extra ounces, and use an AC adaptor. Heck there are other brands that are cheaper, and on the same scale.
The archos is a LOT bigger and a LOT heavier - the only other alternative was some kind of SD or compact flash player, but theres not a chance in hell I was realistically buying 40Gb of flash RAM.

If I wanted something that would playback movies, the archos would have been more tempting, but if I'm ever travelling for a long enough period where I will have time to sit and watch a film, I already have a laptop with DVD drive - all I wanted was a music player that was small and light enough for em to put in my jacket pocket while walking to work, or to listen to while jogging, and the iPod was really the only logical choice given their monopoly on micro-HDDs for at least the foreseeable future.

Also, megaman8x - you are high if you think there are any CD based music players that do not skip while JOGGING - even my MD player used to skip a bit ocasionally and that was designed to have way more jog protection than any cd player.
Mine never skips, i have it clipped on when im running track
megaman8x
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Been thanked: 0

Post by megaman8x »

Nyarlathotep wrote:
Orange_Ribbon wrote: What other MP3 players did you look at before you bought yours, Gold Plated jewel encrusted ones? Archos makes them with bigger capacity for a lower price. the only trade off is you have to carry a couple of extra ounces, and use an AC adaptor. Heck there are other brands that are cheaper, and on the same scale.
The archos is a LOT bigger and a LOT heavier - the only other alternative was some kind of SD or compact flash player, but theres not a chance in hell I was realistically buying 40Gb of flash RAM.

If I wanted something that would playback movies, the archos would have been more tempting, but if I'm ever travelling for a long enough period where I will have time to sit and watch a film, I already have a laptop with DVD drive - all I wanted was a music player that was small and light enough for em to put in my jacket pocket while walking to work, or to listen to while jogging, and the iPod was really the only logical choice given their monopoly on micro-HDDs for at least the foreseeable future.

Also, megaman8x - you are high if you think there are any CD based music players that do not skip while JOGGING - even my MD player used to skip a bit ocasionally and that was designed to have way more jog protection than any cd player.
Mine never skips, i have it clipped on when im running track