*Sigh* IGN *Sigh*

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
AbsoluteXero
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

*Sigh* IGN *Sigh*

Post by AbsoluteXero »

bastards
Hawq1
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Hawq1 »

Care to elaborate a bit?.
Duty is weightier than a mountain while death is as light as a feather.

For those who get really bored, try to figure out where the line above comes from. Put answers in here http://www.dcemulation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=6188
SmitZo
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SmitZo »

What you on about ???

what is IGN ??
AbsoluteXero
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by AbsoluteXero »

its members only now, no more free news
emperordahc
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

IGN

Post by emperordahc »

IGN's got about 50% of their stuff locked down now.

ALL the Dreamcast stuff (Reviews, etc.) are locked down.

Movin' on to http://www.gamespot.com...
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

Why the f u c ]{ would they do that??? I mean isnt that like asking for ur site 2 suffer?
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
miah
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by miah »

Not only reviews, but codes.ign.com is also pretty locked down.. pretty lame.. they're definately off my list of 'places to go to look for codes'. You can supposedly get a free account, it will be paid for by one of their advertisers. But you have to sign up for some stuff, and it could take a while to activate the account (i think it takes up to 30 days). Or you could pay for it.. but who is going to pay for that when they can get it free elsewhere?
-miah
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."
-- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989
snake78
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by snake78 »

They get their codes from gamefaqs.com anyway. IGN was a nice place to visit a while back, but I haven't been there in months.
The Kron_

Post by The Kron_ »

When a site is more interested in making money than bringing news across you know its time to move on.

It may sound harsh but I dont think it would be a bad thing if IGN closed completely just imagine if they start doing well from charging a fee for what should really be public info it may set a precedent and other sites may feel they can do the same by charging an annual fee to view the news.

Whoever makes those stupid decisions over there obviously cant see that alienating 95% of their previous user base is bad marketing.

But hey thats IGNorance.com
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I don't fool with websites that make you register just to read information. I can understand if you want to interact in a message board or something. I think it was IGN I went to looking for something and they wanted me to register and wanted my name, address, telephone, e-mail, etc. I got enough damned telemarkers and junk mail as it is.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
drunkensailor
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by drunkensailor »

let the bastards burn in hell!!!!!
come in peace and leave in pieces

life is hard but the frontside of a train is harder
Schnapple
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Schnapple »

The Kron wrote:When a site is more interested in making money than bringing news across you know its time to move on.
Whoever makes those stupid decisions over there obviously cant see that alienating 95% of their previous user base is bad marketing.
IGN started to charge for premium content some time ago - this is nothing new. The reason they started to charge for content is because the bottom fell out of the web advertising market. Notice how the front page of DCEmulation.com has 2-3 pop-up ads? And this is all to service the needs of the 13-year old individual running the site and his bills, not a full staff like IGN.com.

The fact is, more content on the Internet is going to show up on a paid basis. The problem is that when the existing content was free to begin with, the natural tendency is to not want to "suddenly" pay for it. I'm no different - I don't want to pay for IGN content, especially since at this point there are other, freer places to go to get it.

However, charging for content isn't a "dumb business decision", going out of business is a dumb business decision. IGN is suffering as much as or worse than other websites like DailyRadar, which has since died. If IGN didn't start charging they'd die. If you don't believe in paying for it then don't, and they'll die. Just don't say that they're "greedy bastards" - they're hardly getting rich off the venture. And don't be surprised on the day you realize all the free stuff on the web is gone. In 1999 a good idea based on advertising was enough - in 2002 money talks and bullsh*t walks.
Chalavet
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Chalavet »

I really don't think that IGN is going anywhere. The only thing I have witnessed is that they have increased their amount of advertising to an annoying level with the ads right in the middle of whatever you are reading. Not to mention, it is Imagine Media, the publishers of pc gamer, psm, next gen, oxbm, the defunct odcm, etc. They have the money, but they want more.
The Kron_

Post by The Kron_ »

Theer sheer fact of how they run the site presently is evidence enough of their lack of management resources.

My heart really bleeds for them that they arent getting enough money from their advert after advert policy.

If they are unable to run a news site while being undeniably the most advert intensive site on the net and not break even then its no ones elses fault but their own, and to charge the standard reader a flat fee to view news will only dig their grave deeper.
Gundam ZZ
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Gundam ZZ »

007Cheater is 13 ?
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Gundam ZZ wrote: 007Cheater is 13 ?