Blacks Inherently Weaker than Whites in Age

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Blacks Inherently Weaker than Whites in Age

Post by Master Higgins »

NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - A person's race may influence his or her level of physical fitness, according to the findings of a study of black and white adults who underwent treadmill stress tests.
The African American patients had a much lower exercise capacity than their white peers, study findings show. They were also more obese...

The white men in the study were three years older, on average, than their African American counterparts, but performed better on the exercise stress tests. The African American men were more obese and had higher body mass indexes - a measure of weight that takes height into consideration - than the white men...

"Despite being older, Caucasian patients in our study had significantly higher exercise capacities and lower obesity levels than African Americans, suggesting that some races may be more susceptible to increases in weight and decreases in fitness levels," Lavie said in a statement from the American College of Chest Physicians.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u ... ss_race_dc
Despite popular belief, Africans Americans do not age better nor are they "genetically fitter" than whites in fact, they are more unhealthy.
ETR
Dumb

Post by ETR »

"Lavie and his team investigated the effect of race on fitness levels in a study of 5,069 men and women -- 4,428 white and 641 African American, 52 to 74 year olds -- who were referred to a medical center for exercise stress testing."

Uneven sample. Therefore, anyone with any sense would declare the findings skewed. Interesting, but skewed.
Smiley wrote:I was bored and like to hear myself talk, that's all....
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Master Higgins »

ETR wrote:"Lavie and his team investigated the effect of race on fitness levels in a study of 5,069 men and women -- 4,428 white and 641 African American, 52 to 74 year olds -- who were referred to a medical center for exercise stress testing."

Uneven sample. Therefore, anyone with any sense would declare the findings skewed. Interesting, but skewed.
I consider 641 a varied sample group, it has the randomness, eitherway the whites were still at a disadvantage in that they were all 3 years older.
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

Intersting but very unaccruate.
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Master Higgins »

zerotype wrote:Intersting but very unaccruate.
how is that?
*inaccurate

The sample group of african americans was smaller, but the age difference for whites was 3 years more. I suppose a survey of an equal number of both at the same age would be better. Still a group of 700 and one of 5000 something isn't like two blacks and 345 whites in a study, it still has enough variance to be fairly accurate however further study of blacks from around the country and whites from around the country would be better, and the inclusion of asians, native americans and hispanics (meztizos) would show whether or not race had much to do with it, as the conditions of living in New York city of the communities might have more to do with this than race.
Last edited by Master Higgins on Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I have always heard that African Americans are generally superior to white people as far as physical aspects are concerned. There was actually a news reporter that was fired about 4 years ago locally who reported a finding that African Americans was physically stronger then white people. They accused him of being racist so he lost his job as a sports reporter.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
ETR
Dumb

Post by ETR »

Master Higgins wrote:
zerotype wrote:Intersting but very unaccruate.
how is that?
*inaccurate

The sample group of african americans was smaller, but the age difference for whites was 3 years more. I suppose a survey of an equal number of both at the same age would be better. Still a group of 700 and one of 5000 something isn't like two blacks and 345 whites in a study, it still has enough variance to be accurate,
The age doesn't mean jack. What we're saying is, the group sizes are NOT close enough to warrant an accurate study. Read up on proper study procedure before arguing this point.
Smiley wrote:I was bored and like to hear myself talk, that's all....
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Master Higgins »

Veggita2099 wrote:I have always heard that African Americans are generally superior to white people as far as physical aspects are concerned. There was actually a news reporter that was fired about 4 years ago locally who reported a finding that African Americans was physically stronger then white people. They accused him of being racist so he lost his job as a sports reporter.
I've heard that a lot before too, but then it doesn't really make sense, because I've lived in pretty dark areas and blacks seem to be at about the same variance as whites, some really big people, some really small people, then most people in between, the only thing I've noticed is that black communities put less emphasis on education and more on sports, however in age, the heart disease levels of blacks which is caused by lack of exercise and poor cardiovascular strength is far higher than any other group.
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

No it is like ~7 white to 1 black.And that is just the avergae even numbers and age would'a been better.
DYTDMFBSB?
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Master Higgins »

The age doesn't mean jack. What we're saying is, the group sizes are NOT close enough to warrant an accurate study. Read up on proper study procedure before arguing this point.
Actually it does, if you have a 48 year old versus a 51 year old, and that's jsut the average age difference, the 48 year old has an advantage in that he is younger, and therefore his body is less jeriactric, to say the age doesn't mean jack would also mean the group size doesn't mean jack lol because they both affect the ability for the two groups to be compared. You'd have to get a pull of people of the same age, and in the same size, from a similar region of the country, simply of two different races to get a more accurate comparison, however the selection was random still, so the results do have merit, not as much merit however as a study with groups of the same age and of the same size.

Do you honestly believe it would be accurate to have let's say a race to determine what race was the fastest of let's say, of a group caucasians averaging age 52 to african americans averagine 49, to have a lower age margin of three years they prolly have more younger people and a few older pepole, some people maybe 5-6 years yonuger, where as the whites, have fewer young people and more older people, thus giving the blacks an advantage.
Last edited by Master Higgins on Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Master Higgins »

No it is like ~7 white to 1 black.And that is just the avergae even numbers and age would'a been better.
Ya but in 7000 you are just as likely to find unfit people as you are to find fit people, it's not like they went and picked up their subjects from a football game, then the genetic variance of blacks would be the same in 641 as some would be fit some wouldn't however to have a more accurate study the groups should be the same size and age.
WhtCastle
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by WhtCastle »

You continue to be a big fucking moron.
/WhtCastle
MystiK
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by MystiK »

the sample size makes it inaccurate. Using a bigger sample of one race allows them to manipulate the data because they have a bigger pool from which they can use only what they deem desirable. I don't know why you're trying to defend this neither why you posted it...and why this shaky, overly inaccurate ''study'' made any kind of news in the first place.
French Connection United Kingdom should be renamed to French Union Connection Klothing
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

WhtCastle wrote:You continue to be a big fudging moron.
DYTDMFBSB?
ghostparty
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by ghostparty »

Veggita2099 wrote:I have always heard that African Americans are generally superior to white people as far as physical aspects are concerned. There was actually a news reporter that was fired about 4 years ago locally who reported a finding that African Americans was physically stronger then white people. They accused him of being racist so he lost his job as a sports reporter.
That's because his boss was a god damn redneck white supremicist.

On a seperate note, how the hell can people find the south to be cool?
One of my friends said that blacks were better in the south then they were in the north so he seems to support the confederacy. Fuck the confederacy.
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

The result of this "study" has nothing to do with race:
The African American men were more obese
Fat people from any race will always be weaker than non-fat people from any other race.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Master Higgins wrote:
I've heard that a lot before too, but then it doesn't really make sense, because I've lived in pretty dark areas and blacks seem to be at about the same variance as whites, some really big people, some really small people, then most people in between, the only thing I've noticed is that black communities put less emphasis on education and more on sports, however in age, the heart disease levels of blacks which is caused by lack of exercise and poor cardiovascular strength is far higher than any other group.
Of course, this could just be because of cultural differences, nothing genetically different. Why don't they study the worst trailer trash and compare them to the worst of the ghetto inhabitants? That might be interesting.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Isnt Master Higgins = Sickliquid?

I thought you were Hispanic. That doesn't seem relevant, but I was just wondering since you have the CSA sig and are defending white people.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Isnt Master Higgins = Sickliquid?
That's true
Fragger wrote:The result of this "study" has nothing to do with race:
The African American men were more obese
Fat people from any race will always be weaker than non-fat people from any other race.
lmao, I didn't even pick up on that!
Rand Linden
bleemcast! Creator
bleemcast! Creator

Post by Rand Linden »

I may have missed it, but where exactly was the sample population from ?

My guess is that this has more to do with economic and social issues -- and as rightly pointed out, general human health -- rather than anything racial whatsoever.

Rand.