Ban the 'offensive' nativity scene

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Lartrak »

Atheist literally means without god.

Agnostic means without knowledge.

The dictionary has two definitions for agnostic.

One who believes that it is impossible to know whether there is a God.
One who is skeptical about the existence of God but does not profess true atheism.

I have yet to meet an agnostic who believed in god... But based on the definition, it is possible.

The "common" definition of an agnostic, in my experience (based on the way people I have known use it), is someone who doesn't believe in God and also does not deny the existence of god. That is what I was referring to, I guess.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

arrowhead wrote: do you do the whole deal like burning lambs and stuff?
Why? Do you? Because that stuff is in The Bible. Just curious, because no Christians or Jews that I know actually still sacrifice animals, but it's in 'the Book.'
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

Lartrak wrote:

The "common" definition of an agnostic, in my experience (based on the way people I have known use it), is someone who doesn't believe in God and also does not deny the existence of god. That is what I was referring to, I guess.
Yeah thats what I figured too. Someone who believes there is a God, just not the Gods that organized religions worship
Ender
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Ender »

Lunchbox wrote:
Lartrak wrote:

Yeah thats what I figured too. Someone who believes there is a God, just not the Gods that organized religions worship
That's pagan, not agnostic.
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Master Higgins »

Ender wrote:
Lunchbox wrote:
Lartrak wrote:

That's pagan, not agnostic.
Not necesarilly as some organized religions, outside of Islam, Christianity, and Judaism are still considered paganism despite being organized and monotheistic. There's a better word for a person who believes in God but not religion, I don't think it's theist, but something along those lines. If only I could look up words by definition!
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

OneThirty8 wrote:
Why? Do you? Because that stuff is in The Bible. Just curious, because no Christians or Jews that I know actually still sacrifice animals, but it's in 'the Book.'
Find me a passage in the new testament that deals with burning lambs to appease God. Also, I wasnt talking to you, I was talking to |darc|. Also, I wasnt being a smartass and we all know modern christians and jews dont do sacrifices, but |darc| ghappens to be the first person I have encountered that worships the gods of the pantheon. And if you read the post, you would see I am a student of history and religion and I was asking a simple question.

And the passage in the new testament is? That is after the "sacrifice" that Jesus made for our sins on the cross. Because that is when the practice of sacrifice became out of style with the Christians.
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

OneThirty8 wrote:
It was also revoked later 138. It isn't like seat belts in a 70 camaro.
I.M. Weasel
Iron Muskateer Weasel

Post by I.M. Weasel »

hearld500 wrote:
Athiesm = The One And Only True Way
For a small minded fool perhaps.
you have a habit of saying the funniest things! You are always right if you believe it. David koresh believed he was god,people on pcp 'believe' they can fly, kids believe in santa claus. What about the facts? Close-minded people are the ones who don't consider opinions that aren't their own. Explain how you are not one of these people, hearld.
:arrow: http://tofuheavyindustries.com
Mac Dream Tool / Mac Dream Tool Services (released Sept. 2019)
Creator of Various awesome Video Games

"You don't have to be forgiven. Clint Eastwood taught us that."
Ender
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Ender »

I.M. Weasel wrote:
hearld500 wrote:
you have a habit of saying the funniest things! You are always right if you believe it. David koresh believed he was god,people on pcp 'believe' they can fly, kids believe in santa claus. What about the facts? Close-minded people are the ones who don't consider opinions that aren't their own. Explain how you are not one of these people, hearld.
What about Santa?
hearld500
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by hearld500 »

I.M. Weasel wrote:
hearld500 wrote:
I have several times. I'm not going to again.

Try visiting current events more often. :wink:
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

arrowhead wrote:
OneThirty8 wrote:
Find me a passage in the new testament that deals with burning lambs to appease God. Also, I wasnt talking to you, I was talking to |darc|. Also, I wasnt being a smartass and we all know modern christians and jews dont do sacrifices, but |darc| ghappens to be the first person I have encountered that worships the gods of the pantheon. And if you read the post, you would see I am a student of history and religion and I was asking a simple question.

And the passage in the new testament is? That is after the "sacrifice" that Jesus made for our sins on the cross. Because that is when the practice of sacrifice became out of style with the Christians.
1) I was pointing out the fact that just because somebody today worships the same God/gods as people who used to sacrifice animals doesn't mean that the person worshiping those gods today practices their religion using the same rituals. The point wasn't where in the Bible it says to do that. It was that at one time, Jews sacrificed animals to their God but Jews and Christians today no longer do that.

2) If you want to carry on a private conversation with |darc|, you are welcome to do so. However, if you post something in public I don't feel that I'm overstepping my bounds by responding to it. I'm in no way keeping |darc| from answering your question.

3) Your studies aren't really the issue, but I'm sure that it's fascinating. I was just making a comment based on what I thought was an odd question. I wasn't trying to be a smartass.

4) Sorry if I'm coming off as an ornery prick right now. I haven't slept in about 36 hours.
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

I know about the crappiness of not sleeping. If you go to a doctor ask him about ambien. It rules ass. The only reason I lashed out about quoting a passage is because most people "quote" the bible have never read or studied it. Like the idiots that say "if English is good enough for Jesus, its good enough for America" when talking about the Mexicans in the southwest speaking Spanish instead of English. Force of habit more than anything else. Like I told darc earlier, no big deal. Just a little healthy argument. If I was beginning to get pissed off I would stop posting in the thread. I have learned that if you are talking religion/abortion no one is going to change their minds, and if you begin to really get mad at someone it is better to just stop clicking on the thread. Id rather not hate anyone who posts here as I have pretty much reached the end of the internet and DC emu is about the only place I post at besides a few fishing messageboards.
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Huh? That isn't what I said at all. What you described is a deist.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.