A comparison of the major candidates up for election

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

A comparison of the major candidates up for election

Post by butters »

Because it is so important for people to be well informed prior to going to the polls, I'd like to point out a site that has very detailed information about what each major candidate's views on the major issues that divide the country. Everyone should make up his or her own mind based on the issues at hand, not based on all the mudslinging you see on TV and in newspapers by the political parties and the media.

http://www.issues2000.org/Candidate_Grid.htm

You can click on each candidate for detailed information on his or her views.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Well, an incumbent election is also very helpful as well. In 2000, as in 1992, we had two candidates and nothing to go on but their claims of what they would do and how effectively they would do it.

With an incumbent, things become a bit easier, because you've already SEEN how at least one of the candidates can perform in the office. If you like his/her work and like the directions and actions that candidate is taking, then there you go. Second terms in the Presidency are usually more active than first terms, because the Pres. knows he can't be reelected again, and thus is freer to pursue his/her own agenda without having to worry about preserving a public image.

However, if you disapprove of key things the incumbent has done...either because you don't feel he/she is doing a very good job, or don't like the direction that person is moving in on various issues, take a look at the opposition. Agree with them more? Think they can do a better job? There's your answer.

And, in this particular election, we practically couldn't have two candidates who were ideologically further apart. Like the job Bush has been doing? Agree with his stances on issues and the way he reacts to events as they transpire? Vote for Bush. Think Bush has screwed up royally, or feel that your own views on national issues and how to deal with them are closer to those of John Kerry? Vote for Kerry.
ragnarok2040
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by ragnarok2040 »

Hrmm, Kerry's stances for some of the empty ones, as I see them are:
-Labor/Welfare is a "federal tax credit for job creation; extension for unemployment benefits," up to 6 months more, I believe.
-Economy should be "Cut deficit; Cut corporate tax; Reform laws"
-Immigration should be "Earned naturalization; Tougher border control."
-School Choice is the same as Bush's, afaik all he wants to do is raise the funding for No Child Left Behind.
-Abortion is wrong on the second part, it's ok for emergency situations, his main complaint about that partial-birth abortion bill was that there was no clause for emergency situations to save the live of the mother/child.
-Defense plan is the same as Bush's I believe.
-I don't see what China/Kosovo have to do with this election.
-Technology/Juvenile Crime == no idea.