Genesis controller with a few games built in.

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Post Reply
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class
Posts: 9018
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2001 7:44 pm
Location: Chesapeake, Ohio
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Genesis controller with a few games built in.

Post by Veggita2099 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:37 am

I was at K-mart today and see Sega's Genesis controller with games built in....what a piece of junk for the price. A Person could go buy a whole Genesis system and those 6 games for the $30 being charged for this thing. I forget the 6 games it had, but they was not nothing special. Couple of the games would have been good if they was played in 2player mode. Needless to say there was no two player suppose, and therefore it was a ripoff at $30. I personally think it was worth about $15 for what it came with. Maybe $20 max.
User avatar
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan
Posts: 2601
Joined: Sat May 11, 2002 5:21 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by arrowhead » Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:40 am

was it licensed by sega?
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class
Posts: 9018
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2001 7:44 pm
Location: Chesapeake, Ohio
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Veggita2099 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:34 am

I think so, I doubt K-Mart would sell any type of bootleg or illegal items.

Its like those Atari Controllers you see with the games built in, obviously its Sega Genesis games though.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
User avatar
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2004 8:44 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Matisfaction » Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:52 am

I seen it, I think Its got Mega games one built in or something like that!
User avatar
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 13567
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2002 8:35 am
Location: Swansea, Wales
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Post by az_bont » Thu Sep 09, 2004 12:45 pm

You get a brand new device for your money, and you don't have to hunt down six games and a console. It also occupies a lot less space, so it can be tucked away nicely in a drawer. You'd have a hard time finding 6 popular games in great condition plus a console that doesn't have dodgy connections or a fussy cartridge slot.

I'm also guessing that the device uses Composite connections over the horrible RF adaptors that came bundled with the old consoles. I'd sooner buy a new Mega Drive clone from a site like Xinga myself, but I can definately see a market for this. They certainly seem to be a lot more appealing than a handful of Atari 2600 games.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
User avatar
I.M. Weasel
Iron Muskateer Weasel
Posts: 2767
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2002 4:45 am
Location: The city of the future, Los Braingeles
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 3 times
Contact:

Post by I.M. Weasel » Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:19 pm

my gf has a N64 controller with 76,000 NES games built onto the jump pack cartridge.It has a NES cartridge slot on the back,a fake analog stick and plugs for the AV and AC cords. 58 real games, 75,942 variations that are mostly just color variations.

defineatley not liscensed!

she got it from a shady electronic dealer... :twisted:
:arrow: http://tofuheavyindustries.com
Mac Dream Tool / Mac Dream Tool Services (released Sept. 2019)
Creator of Various awesome Video Games

"You don't have to be forgiven. Clint Eastwood taught us that."
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan
Posts: 2662
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:19 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Post by gamedudex2 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:37 pm

ya i seen qvc sell those nes ones also. lol i was like um wtf, and you know it was so not liscensed
Thomas
Thomas
Posts: 2989
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2003 3:12 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Thomas » Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:00 pm

I.M. Weasel wrote:my gf has a N64 controller with 76,000 NES games built onto the jump pack cartridge.It has a NES cartridge slot on the back,a fake analog stick and plugs for the AV and AC cords. 58 real games, 75,942 variations that are mostly just color variations.

defineatley not liscensed!

she got it from a shady electronic dealer... :twisted:
They used to sell those at a kiosk in my local mall. I always would stop by and play a few of the real games, which the guy tried to slime his way to a sale. Never bought one of those POS.
User avatar
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster
Posts: 1741
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2002 6:01 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by JuddWack » Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:27 pm

I saw this in GameStop yesterday. Off the top of my head it has Sonic, Altered Beast, Golden Ax, Kid Chamelon, one other popular game, and one more ive NEVER heard of.
User avatar
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Posts: 4972
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2002 10:52 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 3 times
Contact:

Post by pixel » Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:50 pm

Inu_Sess__ wrote:
I.M. Weasel wrote:my gf has a N64 controller with 76,000 NES games built onto the jump pack cartridge.It has a NES cartridge slot on the back,a fake analog stick and plugs for the AV and AC cords. 58 real games, 75,942 variations that are mostly just color variations.

defineatley not liscensed!

she got it from a shady electronic dealer... :twisted:
They used to sell those at a kiosk in my local mall. I always would stop by and play a few of the real games, which the guy tried to slime his way to a sale. Never bought one of those POS.
arcticfeather
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
Posts: 854
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2001 1:13 pm
Location: UK
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by arcticfeather » Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:32 pm

Image

Featured Games:

Sonic The Hedgehog
Golden Axe
Kid Chameleon
Flicky
Dr Robotniks Mean Bean Machine
Altered Beast

It's not too bad, and it's much easier if you just want a few games rather than having to set up a megadrive and finding the games in decent condition (as az_bont said)
megaman8x
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Posts: 724
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2002 3:00 pm
Location: Distant Future
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Post by megaman8x » Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:23 am

isnt altered beast the game with the gay canadians?
Image
User avatar
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
Posts: 3520
Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2002 8:47 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by SuperMegatron » Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:25 pm

megaman8x wrote:isnt altered beast the game with the gay canadians?
no your thinking of mario lemue(sp) hockey
Storminator16
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran
Posts: 850
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2003 11:12 am
Location: NC/Iraq
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Post by Storminator16 » Sat Sep 11, 2004 5:42 pm

SuperMegatron wrote:
megaman8x wrote:isnt altered beast the game with the gay canadians?
no your thinking of mario lemue(sp) hockey
Lemieux.

He's playing on ESPN2 at the moment ;)
revengeofLaEternal
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Posts: 746
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2002 11:59 pm
Location: the internet
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by revengeofLaEternal » Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:06 am

arcticfeather wrote:Image

Featured Games:

Sonic The Hedgehog
Golden Axe
Kid Chameleon
Flicky
Dr Robotniks Mean Bean Machine
Altered Beast

It's not too bad, and it's much easier if you just want a few games rather than having to set up a megadrive and finding the games in decent condition (as az_bont said)
If only it had stero sound, a cartridge slot and a 2nd controller port, MAYBE it would be worth the asking price then.

And in case anyone is wondering, YES it is a licensed item. There was a post on here when the device was first announced, so this news is nothing new.
Post Reply