Duke Nukem 3D discussion.

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by az_bont »

What was the PSone version like? I've been thinking of picking it up, but I'd like to know if it's up to the same standard as the PC version.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

I liked it, az_bont, the gameplay was generally pretty good -it's Duke 3D, pretty standard fare. Worth it for cheap :D
Alexvrb
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Alexvrb »

I can't stand playing inferior versions of games after enjoying the original. I remember trying out Starcraft on the N64... that was just plain wrong.
If you have twenty monkeys,
banging randomly on typewriters,
they will in twenty minutes produce the complete source code to World of Warcraft.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

man don't get the playstation version apart from fmv sequences and a diffrent stage ending screen nothing is there except huge loadings...
neoak
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by neoak »

If you really want to try Duke Nukem in other platforms, try Duke Nukem 64 (for the N64 :roll: ...)
Phantom
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Phantom »

The saturn version is pretty good. It's also the only console version that's uncensored, IIRC.
"Nothing works" - Catweazle
Alexvrb
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Alexvrb »

Indeed. But not many have a Saturn to try it out. I do though...
If you have twenty monkeys,
banging randomly on typewriters,
they will in twenty minutes produce the complete source code to World of Warcraft.
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

The N64 version is horrible thanks to low crappy framerates; being censored; and cheesy level design changes, the Playstation one is 3rd person and completely new but it's pretty fun and Duke Nukem can climb up stuff, and the Saturn version is the best of 'em all since it's a port of the PC version Duke3D and runs wonderfully.
"I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an experimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

The N64 version is horrible thanks to low crappy framerates; being censored; and cheesy level design changes, the Playstation one is 3rd person and completely new but it's pretty fun and Duke Nukem can climb up stuff, and the Saturn version is the best of 'em all since it's a port of the PC version Duke3D and runs wonderfully.
D3D on ps was 3rd person? :? Sure you're not thinking of DN: TTK?

Although, I never played the PS version of duke 3D, I just assumed it was the same as all other D3Ds and he was just merely confusing it with Time To Kill :wink:
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
typoEDR
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by typoEDR »

Skynet wrote: D3D on ps was 3rd person? :? Sure you're not thinking of DN: TTK?

Although, I never played the PS version of duke 3D, I just assumed it was the same as all other D3Ds and he was just merely confusing it with Time To Kill :wink:
Correctumundo. The PS port was titled: Duke Nukem: Total Meltdown. I remember that game... it was boring after awhile.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

the play station , PC , Saturn ports all can be played in third person/ First Person optional all though 3rd person is pethatic nothing like time to kill...

even on the pc by entering dcview(or something) you can see duke in 3rd person..
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

PC version is your best bet to be honest. I love what they did witht hat windows port of it.

Duke Nukem 3D was my fav fps ever. Shame they ruined Forever by making peopel wait,...well going on like 8 years now. Its allready looking obsolete compared to other games...again!!
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

that was an fmv footage not ingame as far as I know and Duke Nukem : Forever is in development hell the whole game cept is wrong and half of the game you are riding a donkey or your riding the mining cart - said former DCM/EGM/Expert Gamer editor andy...

Also the orignal duke nukem forever is already out : although belive it or not Manhattan Project is DNF and then the remake of DNF after canning it was on quake 2's engine from ID which was canned and will not be released in anyform due to Legal Reasons

so now duke nukem forever is beeing built on the unreal engine and the first preview of it was shown in 2001 and however it is said the graphics have been updated furter and much more...

so wait a lot longer for DNF the game will not come out until it will revoloutinise the FPS genre - Said by 3d realms representative
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Crap. I put a copy back a few days ago before anyone responded for ?2.99 at Gamestation :(.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

Phantom wrote:The saturn version is pretty good. It's also the only console version that's uncensored, IIRC.
Dont forget it also has the excellent Death Tank
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
Alexvrb
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Alexvrb »

Hawq wrote:
Phantom wrote:The saturn version is pretty good. It's also the only console version that's uncensored, IIRC.
Dont forget it also has the excellent Death Tank
There were multiple versions of Death Tank, you know...
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

sega saturn duke nukem is the best console version, because you can play using the netlink modem :)
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

Everyone knows there were many death tank variants but the Saturn one was sublime
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Speaking of the PC version, anyone here know any servers anywhere where you can still play this with online multiplayer?

/me misses TEN.NET
mikelomax
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster
Location: Off Topic, Since I know very little about the dreamcast

Post by mikelomax »

Kenichi wrote:Speaking of the PC version, anyone here know any servers anywhere where you can still play this with online multiplayer?

/me misses TEN.NET
nope these days you have to set up your own or find a group of people who play a lot.
The reason for having: A firewall

Independance day, the aliens were destroyed because a computer was used to access their network and disable key systems. If they had had a firewall, the earth would be just another worthless rock floating in space.