Gay Marriage Ban Defeated

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Post Reply
User avatar
Captain Spaulding
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:35 am
Location: Museum of Monsters and Mayhem
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Post by Captain Spaulding » Sun Jul 18, 2004 6:15 pm

In fact, if more people were as educated as you obviously are, the world would be a much better place.
Yeah In fact, if more people weren't assholes as you obiously are, the world would be a much better place.
I know what your problem is.
Ya'll think us folk from the country's real funny-like, dontcha?
Yeah, well saddle up the mule, ma.Slide me some grits, I's gots to get me some edu-cation, uh hu hu hu.
You @sshole.
User avatar
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected
Posts: 4049
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2004 5:53 pm
Location: UK
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by not just souLLy now » Sun Jul 18, 2004 6:23 pm

Captain Spaulding wrote:Wow every one here is able to express there thoughts so freely and not be flamed but when i say what i think.... There must be a lot of queers here in the DC community with almost all of you supporting it and all....
Dont get me wrong i dont hate a person for being gay but i dont and never will support or agree that being gay is OK
No. In the beginning there was the Big Bang, followed by the fusion of hydrogen atoms that would eventually create microscopic creatures invisible to the naked eye, followed by millions and millions of years of evolution, which eventually created the human race as we know it.

A silly little rhyme does nothing to justify your ignorance and prejudice.
So what im prejudice againt gays but just because i dont beleive in the "theory" of evolution im ignorant?
you sir are obviously a fucking idiot.
User avatar
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container
Posts: 4171
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2003 12:30 pm
Location: Right where I can see ya ;)
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Post by Lunchbox » Sun Jul 18, 2004 6:26 pm

We've been over this gay marriage argument a thousand times people, no use arguing over it again now. We pretty much know where we all stand on the issue and all we're getting out of this is flames
Image
User avatar
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster
Posts: 16238
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2001 6:00 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 15 times
Contact:

Post by |darc| » Sun Jul 18, 2004 6:52 pm

Lunchbox wrote:We've been over this gay marriage argument a thousand times people, no use arguing over it again now. We pretty much know where we all stand on the issue and all we're getting out of this is flames
Then don't click on the thread :P
It's thinking...
User avatar
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
Posts: 9893
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2002 11:42 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Roofus » Sun Jul 18, 2004 6:54 pm

Captain Spaulding wrote:Wow every one here is able to express there thoughts so freely and not be flamed but when i say what i think.... There must be a lot of queers here in the DC community with almost all of you supporting it and all....
Actually, if you'd read the forum you'd see that this has been discussed ad nauseum. There's plenty of people on both sides and the discussions become quite heated with more than enough flaming to go around, so get over your persecution complex.

Captain Spaulding wrote:So what im prejudice againt gays but just because i dont beleive in the "theory" of evolution im ignorant?
Exactly.
farrell2k
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan
Posts: 2173
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2002 2:49 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by farrell2k » Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:09 pm

Lartrak wrote:
farrell2k wrote:You have to follow what a majority of the people want. Your personal feelings on it are irrelevant.
If they always did what the majority wanted, then what exactly is the point of public officials anyways?
To represent the wants and needs of the people.
Last edited by farrell2k on Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
farrell2k
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan
Posts: 2173
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2002 2:49 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by farrell2k » Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:18 pm

|darc| wrote:
farrell2k wrote:You have to follow what a majority of the people want. Your personal feelings on it are irrelevant. The majority of people, and more importantly, elected officials in this country are opposed to it for various reasons. Don't expect it to become accepted any time soon.
Yep, you're so right, hence why the bill was passed.
There were no bills passed.
User avatar
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster
Posts: 16238
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2001 6:00 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 15 times
Contact:

Post by |darc| » Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:35 pm

|darc| wrote: Oh, wait.
You need a new sarcasm detector.
It's thinking...
Mikey1109
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Posts: 685
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 2:26 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Mikey1109 » Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:37 pm

Captain Spaulding wrote:Wow every one here is able to express there thoughts so freely and not be flamed but when i say what i think.... There must be a lot of queers here in the DC community with almost all of you supporting it and all....
Dont get me wrong i dont hate a person for being gay but i dont and never will support or agree that being gay is OK.
defamation may be expressing your thoughts, but its not welcome here. prejudice is the same for sexual preference as it is for race. would you expect us to let you sit there and talk about someone's race all day? no. then why should we put up with any other form of ignorance?

roofus and az, i couldnt agree with yall more.

btw, i forgot about the censor. dubya's a cigarette? :guffaw:
farrell2k
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan
Posts: 2173
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2002 2:49 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by farrell2k » Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:50 pm

|darc| wrote:
|darc| wrote: Oh, wait.
You need a new sarcasm detector.
Yeah, I realized that after I posted.

On a side note, the constitution wasn't NOT amended because the majority of our lected officials believe in gay marriage (if they did, it wouls be legal in a majority of states), the senate just felt that a constitutionan amendment was not the way to handle the situation. I can't wait until this is finally over, and marriage is legally defined as a union between man and woman.
The OK Pope
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Posts: 590
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2003 6:30 pm
Location: Digging up Elvis
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Post by The OK Pope » Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:21 pm

Roofus wrote:
Captain Spaulding wrote:So what im prejudice againt gays but just because i dont beleive in the "theory" of evolution im ignorant?
Exactly.
That is by far the stupidest thing you've said to date.

Liberals give the world an assfull of "respecting other people's beliefs/preferences", yet you pile on someone else's. Typical double standard we see in the left.
Image
User avatar
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 13567
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2002 8:35 am
Location: Swansea, Wales
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Post by az_bont » Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:28 pm

I can respect the beliefs of others. What I cannot respect is those with prejudice against a particular group of people based purely on their sexual preference - especially when it makes sod all difference to you.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
User avatar
burnerO
DC Developer
DC Developer
Posts: 801
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2001 7:44 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Post by burnerO » Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:42 pm

Captain Spaulding wrote:In the begining was adam and eve not adam and steve. All i got to say
Captain Spaulding wrote:There must be a lot of queers here in the DC community with almost all of you supporting it and all....
Dont get me wrong i dont hate a person for being gay but i dont and never will support or agree that being gay is OK
It's was fun watching his argument go from one of religion, to resorting to "you bunch of queers!"
The OK Pope wrote:Liberals give the world an assfull of "respecting other people's beliefs/preferences", yet you pile on someone else's. Typical double standard we see in the left.
Oh noes, what if all liberals aren't atheists and are actually tolerant of christianity?
weeperofsouls
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
Posts: 911
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:35 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Post by weeperofsouls » Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:42 pm

doublestandard? i say nay. i look at it more as an opposing counterweight to the right's often overpowering hypocracy
User avatar
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
Posts: 9893
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2002 11:42 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Roofus » Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:50 pm

The OK Pope wrote:
Roofus wrote:
Captain Spaulding wrote:So what im prejudice againt gays but just because i dont beleive in the "theory" of evolution im ignorant?
Exactly.
That is by far the stupidest thing you've said to date.

Liberals give the world an assfull of "respecting other people's beliefs/preferences", yet you pile on someone else's. Typical double standard we see in the left.
Have I ever called myself a liberal? You jumped to that conclusipn based on the fact that I pointed out the Captain's stupidity. I have some liberal views and some conservative views. I'm not going to lie and say I'm any more tolerant than you, but there is one big difference: I don't think behaviors and beliefs that I disagree with should be banned.
weeperofsouls
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
Posts: 911
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:35 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Post by weeperofsouls » Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:53 pm

that seems to be the core difference between 'liberals' and 'conservatives'
User avatar
FETUS
Knight of Null
Knight of Null
Posts: 2938
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2003 8:21 pm
Location: Large fries
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Post by FETUS » Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:59 pm

captain spaulding I will ignore you from now on. You claim beliefs in chrstianity while your avatar has a clown from a movie made by a satanic rocker.
User avatar
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster
Posts: 16238
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2001 6:00 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 15 times
Contact:

Post by |darc| » Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:22 pm

The OK Pope wrote:
Roofus wrote:
Captain Spaulding wrote:So what im prejudice againt gays but just because i dont beleive in the "theory" of evolution im ignorant?
Exactly.
That is by far the stupidest thing you've said to date.

Liberals give the world an assfull of "respecting other people's beliefs/preferences", yet you pile on someone else's. Typical double standard we see in the left.
Not believing in evolution is pretty stupid IMO, it's pretty much PROVEN (I'm not talking about athiesm or christianity, just evolution).
It's thinking...
Rev. Layle
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:35 pm
Location: stillwater, ok
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Post by Rev. Layle » Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:35 pm

evolution was never proven, it's just very likely

i mean we could have been created

or from another planet

or crawled out of ooze

or descended from apes

or it's all just a VR simulation

or just a dream
User avatar
FETUS
Knight of Null
Knight of Null
Posts: 2938
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2003 8:21 pm
Location: Large fries
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Post by FETUS » Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:48 pm

In my opinion if there is a "higher power" it's an alien race and we were just transplanted as kinda a science expiriment. wich you could start o have proof that scientific advances and alien sightings pretty much come at all the same points in history.
Post Reply