Doom 3 now Gold

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Doom 3 now Gold

Post by melancholy »

Or so I've read. Aparently, the US release is on August 3, with UK's on the 6th and the rest of the world on the 13th. I starting to get excited again. :D
area
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster
Been thanked: 0

Post by area »

I wish my computer had a snowball's chance in hell of running it :?
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

well its gonna be at quake con so this was expected.. still good to hear.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

area wrote:I wish my computer had a snowball's chance in hell of running it :?
I find that to be a funny association considering the game we are talking about. :lol:
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

Yep its official now

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/doom3 ... 02542.html
Hollenshead also broke down the game's exact US release schedule. "Retailers in the States will be allowed to pick up games starting at 12:01 AM on August 3rd," he announced. "The official street date is actually August 5th in the USA, but some of your favorite stores will probably have it early for those of you who have to have it first."
I guess i'm going to wait for the xbox version
GyroVorbis
Elysian Shadows Developer
Elysian Shadows Developer

Post by GyroVorbis »

YAY! Now all that we have to do is wait for Rand to port it to the SNES like he did with the original! |/|
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

Yay, its about time :)
saber07
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by saber07 »

Yay, time to blow my scholarship money on a new comp! (Actually, might wait till btx is out)
Silence is Golden
Sephiroth
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Sephiroth »

I'm just gonna pick it up for the XBOX, I perfer playing my RPS on the comp, but Doom III would tax my comp like WOAH, not to mention on the box the controls will be better.
Ultimate Evil... :headbang:
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

I think my computer will be good to go with it, even if I can't use the highest settings. It's a P4 2.4 ghz with a Radeon 9600XT and 512 megs of ram. I don't even know what the system requirements for Doom 3 are, though, but I'm sure I'll manage with my setup.
saber07
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by saber07 »

Sephiroth wrote:I'm just gonna pick it up for the XBOX, I perfer playing my RPS on the comp, but Doom III would tax my comp like WOAH, not to mention on the box the controls will be better.
You saying controls will be better on the Xbox? :lol: Lets not go this route again, but just for general knowledge, mouse + keyboard will always own in FPS's.
Silence is Golden
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

saber07 wrote:
Sephiroth wrote:I'm just gonna pick it up for the XBOX, I perfer playing my RPS on the comp, but Doom III would tax my comp like WOAH, not to mention on the box the controls will be better.
You saying controls will be better on the Xbox? :lol: Lets not go this route again, but just for general knowledge, mouse + keyboard will always own in FPS's.
Ya man, nothing beats KB + M for FPS games. But I have no problems playing FPSs with a controller either. Its all personal preference really.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

melancholy wrote:I think my computer will be good to go with it, even if I can't use the highest settings. It's a P4 2.4 ghz with a Radeon 9600XT and 512 megs of ram. I don't even know what the system requirements for Doom 3 are, though, but I'm sure I'll manage with my setup.
The alpha leak runs pretty okay on my 2.4GHz P4/Radeon 9500Pro/1GB RAM system. Of course, the final will run MUCH better than the alpha, so I'd say you and I are good to go. I'm probably going to preorder this one from EB.
It's thinking...
Sephiroth
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Sephiroth »

Lunchbox wrote:
saber07 wrote:
Ya man, nothing beats KB + M for FPS games. But I have no problems playing FPSs with a controller either. Its all personal preference really.
The thing is I just got my first PC that can actully play game's, so I'm more used to using a controler. I'm Not dissing the KB+mouse, I like it when I'm playing Half-Life, I would just rather use a controler as opposed to trying to play it on a comp that would probobly lag like crazy.
Ultimate Evil... :headbang:
AmadeusZull
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by AmadeusZull »

^ LOL HL on controller?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

keyboard and mouse 4 life.

I am no longer an ACE@ite. Never will I kiss his feet is what I don't. And that I don't, is good I do.
S. Thompson
The Fuzmeister
The Fuzmeister

Post by S. Thompson »

What is this going to require? I mean, system-wise... I've seen the alpha... very impressive... but didn't seem practical to market on PC to the masses...

- Fuzmeister
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by MKE »

ive played the alpha 2 release and it run's about at about half speed on my laptop... (amd 2500+ xp mobile, 512mb ram, but its only got an ati 4x standard 64 shared mem card... but it runs unreal 2k4 so it should run this game...)

i will probably download it, and if it runs ill spend buy it, but i dont know if i want it for the pc, or the xbox.

i kinda like playing fps's on the controller, yes it's fun on the mouse and keyboard, but i liked unreal 2 better on xbox then pc so.... (plus rainbow six 3 i thought had decent controll on xbox)

i was thinking about preordoring it, but not untill i get a system spec's list.

hopefully, it will be around half life 2's spec list, and if so i can play it w/o a problem.
XBOX live gamertag: MKEmods
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

S. Thompson wrote:What is this going to require? I mean, system-wise... I've seen the alpha... very impressive... but didn't seem practical to market on PC to the masses...

- Fuzmeister
GeForce 3 is the minimum video card, as I recall. I think it also requires about 1 ghz. They have the minimum specs somewhere....
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

If it wasn't for the hellish demonic theme of the game Id be first in line to buy it. I just don't feel comfortable playing that sort of stuff anymore. It does look great though.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
WhtCastle
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by WhtCastle »

I'm pretty excited for it, I really liked the audio aspect when I played the Alpha. I'm going to need a graphics card update for sure though. (9200SE PCI!!!!!!11 PCI FFS!)

I was reading on Planet Doom, they expect a 2ghz with 9700 or better should run it with no problems. Also states a GeForce 1 will run it, just with everything turned waaaaaaaaay down. :?
/WhtCastle