Huge $4.99 Game Clearance Sale!

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
The OK Pope
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by The OK Pope » Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:18 pm

Here's what happened, talked to someone who worked there:
The sale was supposed to start the 11th (as stated earlier), but the prices already started ringing up as $4.99 on last Sunday (according to the employee). News of the sale was spread over the net, and the CC stores were told to go ahead and bring out the bins. They said they wondered why people were buying 30 games at a time, even some of the employees didn't know of the sale. I'm really mad I couldn't get a copy of Devil May Cry or ZOE2. :evil:
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden » Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:04 pm

I'm going once my dad gets home from work. I have money to buy five games, assuming that I see five games I want, at least. I really don't see any bad games on the list. I've heard of them all, don't know a lot about some of them, and theres a couple of racing games I'm not interested, but theres plenty there for backup if they don't have what I'm looking for.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy » Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:18 pm

I will be going at 8:00 tonight, although I'm sure that it will be a scavenger hunt, because the Circuit City close to me never even bothers to put up ad signs, let alone clearance signs. I think I'll print the list and just have them price check what I want.
politoe
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster
Been liked: 1 time

Post by politoe » Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:18 pm

Your most likely not going to find anything you want from the list.
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus » Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:13 pm

OKP, you have my sincere thanks.

$90.10 after tax

I took an early lunch (10:00) from work and hit both Circuit City stores on opposite sides of town, right as they opened today. I didn't eat lunch, though, and still went a bit over my lunch hour ;) But it was all good, my foreman knew where/why I was headed and let me do it. :P
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden » Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:34 pm

Wow, that really sucked. They were nothing BUT sports games, except for Fantivision and My Street. I ended up getting Airblade for PS2 and I spent the rest of my money on Chappelle's Show Season 1 DVD. I guess that isn't a total loss, but I'm sad that I didn't get REZ for $5.
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus » Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:56 pm

I had high hopes for Boktai, Ikaruga, Rez, and MMX7

But i can't complain - i bought 17 games didn't I? :P

(I also got Lady Sia and Defender but accidentally left them out of the pic)
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak » Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:04 pm

impetus wrote:I had high hopes for Boktai, Ikaruga, Rez, and MMX7

But i can't complain - i bought 17 games didn't I? :P

(I also got Lady Sia and Defender but accidentally left them out of the pic)
...why did you buy Ty?
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
The OK Pope
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by The OK Pope » Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:05 pm

I'm happy about my finds today: Jet Grind Radio for GBA and Gitaroo Man for PS2. :mrgreen:
ETR
Dumb

Post by ETR » Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:27 pm

JGR is a damn good port. Man, REZ for freaking $4.99... when sealed copies can sell for like $100.... :(
Smiley wrote:I was bored and like to hear myself talk, that's all....
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden » Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:35 pm

Wow, Airblade may just be the worst game I have ever played...or at least the worst extreme sports game anyway. Damn, this game sucks. I want my $5 back. I should have bought Shawn Palmer's Pro Snowboarder. I hate my life.
that_guy
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by that_guy » Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:46 pm

I bought Palmer long ago, it's a pretty good game. My high score is 14 million. But I have special always on, half gravity, and double speed. It sucks that I don't have a CC around here, the closest is about a 100 miles away. You lucky bastards.
Mikey1109
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Mikey1109 » Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:23 pm

man, there was a lot of gba games i had my eye on. im off tomorrow, so maybe my friends will take me to some of the other cc's. i really really want some of those rpgs.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak » Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:08 pm

On a related note, how is Lunar Legends? I heard it was generally good, with lackluster gameplay made up for by great characters and storytelling. FYI, it is essentially the same as Lunar: Silver Star Story for those who have played that.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh » Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:34 pm

I found it massivly boring.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
politoe
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster
Been liked: 1 time

Post by politoe » Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:07 am

Lartrak wrote:On a related note, how is Lunar Legends? I heard it was generally good, with lackluster gameplay made up for by great characters and storytelling. FYI, it is essentially the same as Lunar: Silver Star Story for those who have played that.
I find it quite fun, thats what I've been playing too. Bought it on Sunday, and I'm in the last dungeon about to fight Ghalleon. It is Lunar SSSC but they changed some of the stuff around, and added this little meter when filled you can do some kind of special attack.
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead » Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:55 am

My circuit city was cleaned out. all that was left was madden games. I did get one GBA game called Sumo something. Its like final fight except you are fat ass sumo guys that have special moves that require fat points and they are done with your huge ass. I havent played it yet but it looked ok. I was kind of bummed all the GBA games were gone, and I also wanted crimson skies. Oh well.
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy » Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:56 am

Well, I came back with no too bad of a haul. I only had $20, which limited me to 4 games. So I picked up Dark Cloud (despite bad reviews, I really like this game), Onimusha (never played, figured I'd try it), Rayman 3 for Xbox (love Rayman games), and the best one of all, Zelda Oracle of Seasons. They had other good ones, but most of them I already own or owned at one point in my life (Megaman X6, Wario World 4, Dragon Warrior III & VII, Viewtiful Joe, etc...). Anyway, they still didn't have Beyond Good and Evil, so I missed out again. :cry: And I was also hoping for Dark Cloud 2, but alas, it was no to be found. Still, I was quite surprised about how badly the games at our store were selling. I walked in, and there were signs plastered everywhere, which they told me have been there for a couple of days, but they still had 3 clearance bins, 2 carts, and 1 shelf rack full of games. Sure, half of them were sports, but there were a ton of games still around.

Anyway, someone said Jet Grind Radio for GBA was a good port. Do you think I should pick it up? Also, I was wondering about the Crash GBA games, Vexx for Xbox, Driver 2 for GBA, and pretty much any FPS for the GBA on that list (namely Duke Nukem and Metal of Honor). Anyone recommend/discourage any of these games? I might get one or two more tomorrow, depending on how many quarters I can round up.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 » Fri Jul 09, 2004 7:44 am

I was there yesterday, they didn't have nothing like this.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus » Fri Jul 09, 2004 7:57 pm

I've tested nearly all of them and it looks like Zone of the Enders: Fist of Mars is the only dud. not that it's bad, I just didn't realize it was an RPG. Maybe after I beat the PS2 version it'll make more sense.

Freedom Fighters and Terminator weren't as good as I had hoped, but I'm not complaining.