professional vocal remover

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Vchat20
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

professional vocal remover

Post by Vchat20 »

anyone know of any program, free or pay, that will do a professional job of removing vocals from music? ive tried many like goldwave and analogx's winamp vocal remover and every time i get enough of the voie removed as i need, the resulting music sounds like sh!t.
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

I did a little guide for this in a previous thread. It doesn't work for all tracks but 6 times out of 10 it will.

Open Goldwave
Open the audio file
Select and invert the left channel
copy and paste the left channel into a new file (mono)
copy the right channel of the mp3 and mix it with the new file
make a new file(stereo) then paste the contents of the mono file into both the right and left channels
Invert the left channel.

Example: eels - It's a MF

Before
After
Vchat20
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Vchat20 »

well, 90% of my mp3's are either from the original cd's. and i will try your solution coasterking. seems kind of an awkward way to go about it, but meh. im up for anything at this point.
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

It is fairly awkward and the results are pretty variable but it is worth a go if you are desperate :)
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

How did you come up with this it's pretty cool Coaster king. :D
Dreamcast forever!!!
Vchat20
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Vchat20 »

well, im sure i probably missed a step or something, but:

brc-cbyb(before).mp3
brc-cbyb(after).mp3

thats just a sample. about 20 seconds. the orignal original was a cd. ripped it a few years back with wmp in 128kbps wma.
mkjones
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by mkjones »

Ian Micheal wrote:How did you come up with this it's pretty cool Coaster king. :D
I dunno how he came up with it but I lerdned a similer trick when I did my Music Tech degree.. but using a mixing desk.. it works by placing anything in the "middle" of the stereo field "out of phase" and therefore invisible to the ears :) it is indeed a cool trick but will not always work on multi-layerd vocal tracks...

Also, any backing vocals are normall panned Left and Right to create a more enegertic stereo feild during the chorus/brige of a track.. its quite cool to heat ONLY the vocals come in at that point ;)

It also cuts out a lot of the bass too...
Dust on the Dreamcast
Cringle
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Cringle »

Adobe Audition 1.5 has presets for vocal removal, I just tried it with the files above and it definitely can be tweaked to sound better.
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

It worked for me but not as well as the eels track. Still intresting and cool I have never found a good remover even paid software i have is rubbish.
Dreamcast forever!!!
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Thats a pretty cool effect, not so sure about its results for making mies with, but for Karaoke the results Im getting are fine.
Its also interesting to put overproduced 80s songs through the same treatment, you start hearing noises and instruments that were always in the song, and you always heard them, but never realised you did :D
Vchat20
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Vchat20 »

yeah. tried your solution again and it gave me the same results as using the built in vocal remover in goldwave. crappy. atleast on the music i was trying. im gonna have to chck the rest of my library and see if others can turn out better.
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Hmm gave me much better effect only on some music. It worked 100% for one song i was amazed.
Dreamcast forever!!!