USDA reclassifies frozen french fries as fresh vegetables

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

USDA reclassifies frozen french fries as fresh vegetables

Post by Roofus »

"Based on a little-noticed change to obscure federal rules, the USDA defines frozen french fries as 'fresh vegetables.' As bizarre as it may sound, a federal judge in Texas last week endorsed the USDA's rules in a court case, saying the term 'fresh vegetables' was ambiguous. The USDA quietly changed the regulations last year at the behest of the french fry industry... The french fry rule calls to mind the USDA's attempt in 1981 to classify ketchup and pickle relish as vegetables, an idea that was dropped amid public protests."

Read article
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by SuperMegatron »

Well Frozen vegetable are fresher then what you get in the produce aisle. We had a question about that on a test and I got it wrong so I know thats got to be true. When you freeze something you slow down the rate of decay so when you cook frozen peas your cooking fresher peas then the ones you fight buy at the store
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

Yea I always thought of frozen vegetables as fresh. But I dont know french fries...
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang:
Roofus

Post by Roofus »

The main problem is that under the new rules, chocolate covered cherries are fresh fruit. :|
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

:lol: You make that sound like a bad thing. Who knew fruits could taste so good. :wink:
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by SuperMegatron »

The main problem is they use the usda for the guide lines in school lunches schools are required to provide veggies for kids with there lunch now they can give a kid a hamburger and fries and that meets the guidelines. I dont think thats a good thing
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Well, french fries are (mostly) a chunk of potato, so...
Cn'Fused
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Cn'Fused »

I heard that frozen veggies lost a lot of their nutritional value because of being at a lower temperature. Although they are probably better than the crap at Safeway...
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by SuperMegatron »

Cn'Fused wrote:I heard that frozen veggies lost a lot of their nutritional value because of being at a lower temperature. Although they are probably better than the crap at Safeway...
They lose there nutritional value when they are cooked not when frozen
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

My school is so dumb, they are trying to help kids by removing the soda's from there and adding sobe and gatorade... Didnt work.
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

if my uni removed all the soft drink vending machines, their would be a maasive uproar, the student union would start protests and people would probably stop going to uni.
AuroEdge
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by AuroEdge »

Anybody know if this has been overturned?
"The only difference between the Democrats and the Republicans is
that the Democrats allow the poor to be corrupt, too." -Oscar Levant
Rand Linden
bleemcast! Creator
bleemcast! Creator

Post by Rand Linden »

Double plus good!

Did you hear? The chocolate rations are going to be halved today!

Double plus good!

Rand.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

"Double" and "plus" are affixes, not seperate words, so it would be "doubleplusgood."
It's thinking...
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

"double" and "plus" are free morphemes, they dont need to be attached to anything. They are more lexical than a grammatical tool.
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head
Midgey34
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Midgey34 »

What's funny is at my highschool, there is a new law (either state or federal) stating that the schools can't sell fountain pop (soda) anymore. Apparently the reasoning was that pop caused health problems and by getting rid of it everything would be all better. The part that's hilarious is that our school still sells fries, burgers, candy, and sports drinks. Not only that, but there is a loophole and certain vending machines aren't included. The solution: we now have 8 vending machines.
Remember, the quickest way to a girl's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in.
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Master Higgins »

Double" and "plus" are affixes, not seperate words, so it would be "doubleplusgood."
yet to be modified as an adjective it would be "doubleplusgoodly" or maybe not in that particular orwell novel.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

arrowhead wrote:"double" and "plus" are free morphemes, they dont need to be attached to anything. They are more lexical than a grammatical tool.
We're not talking about English, we're talking about Newspeak.
Master Higgins wrote:yet to be modified as an adjective it would be "doubleplusgoodly" or maybe not in that particular orwell novel.
Adjectives end in -ful and adverbs end in -wise. Exceptions for adjectives are good, strong, big black, soft, and a few others; there are no exceptions to adverbs.
It's thinking...
Rand Linden
bleemcast! Creator
bleemcast! Creator

Post by Rand Linden »

I've seen it written with spaces, without spaces, with a variety of capitalizations and with hyphens between the individual elements... all appear to be widely accepted.

Hopefully the relevance of the reference hasn't been lost in the noise.

Rand.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Rand Linden wrote:I've seen it written with spaces, without spaces, with a variety of capitalizations and with hyphens between the individual elements... all appear to be widely accepted.
The point of Newspeak is to cut down on the vocabulary so instead of punishing those who crimethink or oldthink, the people cannot even conceive of crimethink or oldthink. This means keeping the language extremely simple, to ensure the people are not capable of complex thought. Because of this, the language is highly standardized. Perhaps spaced, unspaced, capitalized, and hypenized styles are accepted in an allusion to an Orwellian theme because of casualty, but in a society where the people speak in Newspeak for the reason of oppression, alternate styles would certainly not be accepted.
It's thinking...