Ambient Power Generator

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Ambient Power Generator

Post by Quzar »

Anybody know about this? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 37737&rd=1

sounds like it would be something interesting to built to power a portable console or something =P althought the power is lacking, maybe a gameboy hehe
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
revengeofLaEternal
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by revengeofLaEternal »

you'd be better off ripping the solar cellls off some old calculators and hooking them up.
Vchat20
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Vchat20 »

this actually sounds like a good idea imo. heck, hook up a power regulator and inverter and you got a perfect source of power for a ps1 screen and a DC. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

but before i even take interest in this, id actually like to know the basic theory behind this, like what is gathering the energy, how its being converted RF to electricity, etc..
ninja
DCEmu's own ninja
DCEmu's own ninja

Post by ninja »

looks rather interesting, but im wondering what effect that would have on passing rf signals (such as tv remotes, etc...)
Delete my posting account.

Thanks.
revengeofLaEternal
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by revengeofLaEternal »

I just read the item page again and it says there's a patent holder... which means that if it's real (which right now I'm doubting it is), then doing a patent search would provide information as to A) whether it is real or not, and B) If it works (and thus worth getting).

I'm busy now, but maybe I'll look into it later....
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

It would be interesting to do some sort of combo natural powering device using this and solar power.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Vchat20
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Vchat20 »

im sure its very much possible. heck. get enough of these AND solar panels and you could very well work out a good power supply (maybe emergency) for your house. possibilites are virtually endless with something like this. big question is: is it real? i havent botherd looking up patents but i will definitely make an attempt at it.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

if it interrupts signals it would also be cool as some sort of 'fuxing up' device or radio silence device. hehe

i was thinking more of a backpack sized combo of this and solar and kinetic power or something. would be cool
Pyrosurfer
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Pyrosurfer »

Sounds to me like this is definately possible. I would think that in order for this to work you would have to have a huge antenna, making it not to portable. The insides would not have much circuitry, antenna->power transformer->other power regulating devices. You can pick up radio stations without batteries, ex. http://www.aaroncake.net/circuits/cradio.htm . The generator shouldn't screw up any other radio equipment as long as it is not between the path from the transmitter and receiver. Most radio waves go propagating though space and do not end up at a receiver.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

My question is: how big is this thing? I mean, look at the picture in the Ebay auction. That looks like the size of a water tower. If you need something that big just to run a Dreamcast, I'd pass.
Pyrosurfer
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Pyrosurfer »

I sent a message to the guy on how big the antenna is and how it is shaped (no response yet). This antenna would need some sort of weird shaping so it could pick up waves from all over the spectrum.
Enki-14
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Enki-14 »

I checked it out and the location was "tesla town"? Since I am in fact a admirer of tesla. I thought it was interesting. I don't know how big the tower is or if it is actually an antenna. The patent holder for the device would be nikola tesla. A man that was a genius before his time and ours. he created AC power, and the radio. Although what is taught in schools says otherwise. He did in fact broadcast wireless transmissons before marconi. And beat out edison and his DC current.

Please do yourself a favor and read up on him.
http://www.neuronet.pitt.edu/~bogdan/tesla/

decide then if you want to bid on something like that.. even if you could do it yourself .. and by my last statement I don't mean he's a fraud , in fact IMHO he was a god. just read. plz..you'll be amazed at what is being surpressed from you.

Next time you hear about HARRP, think about tesla.
next time you see an electric motor think about tesla.
next time you think about a generator think about telsa
In fact what you are using right now (electricity) think about tesla.
Enki-14
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Enki-14 »

Just a little something extra that might explain how the device works.. its based on tesla technology. You'd have to read up on it to get it. but here's a snippet:

In Colorado Springs, Colo., where he stayed from May 1899 until early 1900, Tesla made what he regarded as his most important discovery-- terrestrial stationary waves. By this discovery he proved that the Earth could be used as a conductor and would be as responsive as a tuning fork to electrical vibrations of a certain frequency. He also lighted 200 lamps without wires from a distance of 25 miles (40 kilometres) and created man-made lightning, producing flashes measuring 135 feet (41 metres). At one time he was certain he had received signals from another planet in his Colorado laboratory, a claim that was met with derision in some scientific journals.

tesla aslo discovered a similar principle in the atmosphere. Thats what the device is based on. Wireless power from the atmosphere.. I know it sounds weird as hell, but it was the scientific road less taken.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

can some mod please move this to hardware discussion? For some reason at the time i thought it didnt fit there but now i do.
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

Pyrosurfer wrote:I sent a message to the guy on how big the antenna is and how it is shaped (no response yet). This antenna would need some sort of weird shaping so it could pick up waves from all over the spectrum.
something like this?

Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead