something buggin me about Sega..

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Veggita2099 »

Has anyone seent he new Sonic Adventure 2 commerical. It is a advertisement for the Gamecube version and at the end it says:

Only on Nintendo Gamecube.

Now Maybe it was all Nintendos idea, but I would say Sega had to be at least a part of the commercial. It seems to me Sega is trying to pretend they never released any other systems or something. I mean we all know that game is still sold on the Dreamcast at many places, so why do they say only on Gamecube. I somewhat agree with U.S. Male about Sega screwing Dreamcast owners over.
twendel316
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by twendel316 »

isnt it the one that has those 2 hedgehogs, and they walk away from each other? because i saw that one, and it said 'Sonic Adventure 2 Battle' which is TECHINALLY a different game than the original SA2 :o
Tw????L??6

mmmmm....tastes like chicken....must be a glitch in the matrix!
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Technicalitites

Post by APE »

Like Resident Evil: Code Veronica and Resident Evil: Code Veronica X, they are techincally different games. Although RE:CVX is just a port of the second version of RE:CV for the Dreamcast and they could brag about how it has more scenes and various other things in the US because of the second version of RE:CV didn't come out here. Would be nice if someone would tell us the differences between them and SA2 and SA2b...
A few fries short of a happy meal.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Veggita2099 wrote: Has anyone seent he new Sonic Adventure 2 commerical. It is a advertisement for the Gamecube version and at the end it says:

Only on Nintendo Gamecube.

Now Maybe it was all Nintendos idea, but I would say Sega had to be at least a part of the commercial. It seems to me Sega is trying to pretend they never released any other systems or something. I mean we all know that game is still sold on the Dreamcast at many places, so why do they say only on Gamecube. I somewhat agree with U.S. Male about Sega screwing Dreamcast owners over.
It is only on GC... SA2B....

SA2 is on DC tho
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Chalavet
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Chalavet »

It makes sense though if you take it simply from the perspective of the casual gamer. a lot of people who buy games are not very knowledgeable. I sell games on ebay, and I had someone ask me if SNES games could play on the N64. If this same person was in the store, they might just buy the original to play it on the GC just because it is cheaper.
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

Well...it's not the first time something like that has happened. Virtua Fighter 2 and Sega Rally on Saturn had "Sega Saturn Exclusive" on the box...but then not long after they released, the PC versions of each game came out...so I guess they weren't so exclusive afterall.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

wanna know the differnence?

Post by ace »

There is no diff

-dreamer
whitedawg2k
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by whitedawg2k »

i own the GC version, and the only diff is that for gamecube there is 10 multiplayer stages to chose from rather than 3, and all the extra multiplayer charecters ie. Chaos, mech sonic etc are automaticaly enabled.
There is also chao karate but im not sure if that is on the DC version as well
Who is driving car?
Oh my god bear is driving, this cannot be.
drunkensailor
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by drunkensailor »

res code veronica is the best re game ever on dc and on ps2 it's a lousy 3d shooter
come in peace and leave in pieces

life is hard but the frontside of a train is harder
OtherNash
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by OtherNash »

The hedgehog ads are great...But it's sad seeing Sonic hawking Nintendo goods. <sigh>
"'Four Weddings and a Funeral'? Isn't that five of the same thing?" --Al Bundy

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for SEGA" - Brodie Bruce, Mallrats
NME
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Ah well

Post by NME »

Othernash.

I was an inevitability. I find the new commercials funny. But then again. I do have the attitude of a 13 year old...... (or so I'm told) :P

-NME
-------
Eating Seeds as a Pasttime Activity.