Canadian buys MP3 player on eBay, receives handgun

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Canadian buys MP3 player on eBay, receives handgun

Post by Roofus »

"A Canadian student who ordered an MP3 player over the internet from the US was shocked to receive a licensed handgun instead. Brandon Buchan, 21, an English student at the University of Saskatchewan in Saskatoon, bid for the MP3 player on eBay, the Star Phoenix newspaper said. The pawnshop that auctioned the device sent him an unloaded .22-calibre Smith & Wesson gun and a licence by mistake. A Canadian customs official said not all parcels were X-rayed at the border."

Read article
hearld500
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by hearld500 »

I dunno about you guys, but that would make my day. :lol:
btm4k
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by btm4k »

Thats so freaking cool.
Black Ninja
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
Location: Top Secret if you knew my where abouts I'd have to kill ya.

Post by Black Ninja »

Hey maybe I should order a MP3 Player off of eBay and see what kind of surprise package that I would get in return. :P
Hey if you think your playing video games too much Play More!!!
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

hearld500 wrote:I dunno about you guys, but that would make my day. :lol:
Really? I'd find it pretty scary. If that went across the border, then how easy is it to mail guns around in this country? Whether you're a gun-control nut or a you think the second ammendment should allow you to own an AK-47, you've gotta admit that people shouldn't be able to just send a complete stranger firearms through the mail.
jaredfogle
DCEmu Turkey Baster
DCEmu Turkey Baster

Post by jaredfogle »

OneThirty8 wrote:
Really? I'd find it pretty scary. If that went across the border, then how easy is it to mail guns around in this country? Whether you're a gun-control nut or a you think the second ammendment should allow you to own an AK-47, you've gotta admit that people shouldn't be able to just send a complete stranger firearms through the mail.
Practically no domestic packages get searched, and very few internationals do.
Where's toastman? I'm bored.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

jaredfogle wrote:
OneThirty8 wrote:
Practically no domestic packages get searched, and very few internationals do.
Every airsoft gun I've imported was checked by customs. They left my springer shotgun cocked, damaging it. ****ers.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Id much rather have the gun. Smith and Wesson is a good name too.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
ccb_v2
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by ccb_v2 »

Wonder if the seller got posative feedback...
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

I would have no practical use for the gun, and would much rather an MP3 player. It could be worth quite a bit of money if sold, but I'd imagine you'd have a hard time doing so.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
hearld500
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by hearld500 »

OneThirty8 wrote:
No, I think you should be able to.

Something about you gun control nuts, most of you have never been around or even fired a gun. You fear what you do not understand. :roll:
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

Hmm a gun or an mp3 player. Decision decision...
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang:
jaredfogle
DCEmu Turkey Baster
DCEmu Turkey Baster

Post by jaredfogle »

hearld500 wrote:
OneThirty8 wrote:
No, I think you should be able to.

Something about you gun control nuts, most of you have never been around or even fired a gun. You fear what you do not understand. :roll:
Guns are the same as drugs. Regulation and education is needed for them to have a positive impact on our society.

It's amazing to me that almost all pro-drug people are anti-gun and almost all pro-gun people are anti-drug.

In an ideal society, yes, the government has no place knowing what i eat/smoke/shoot/fire/snort. But we don't live in an ideal society. Stupid people will take LSD and drive and stupid people will murder in cold blood.
Where's toastman? I'm bored.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

az_bont wrote:I would have no practical use for the gun, and would much rather an MP3 player. It could be worth quite a bit of money if sold, but I'd imagine you'd have a hard time doing so.
If you somehow LEGALLY acquired a gun (which is not what this is), especially a reputable brand like Smith and Wesson, you could sell the gun for several hundred dollars and then use that to buy an MP3 player and have a big chunk of money left over.
It's amazing to me that almost all pro-drug people are anti-gun and almost all pro-gun people are anti-drug.
I find it a little strange too. Oh well. Let's have drug using gun users - the best of both worlds! :wink:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

hearld500 wrote: Something about you gun control nuts, most of you have never been around or even fired a gun. You fear what you do not understand. :roll:
No, I've never fired a gun. I don't want to, either. I don't need to fire a gun in order to understand that guns make it much too easy to kill people.
GoldbergWWE
Respected Artist
Respected Artist

Post by GoldbergWWE »

I shot a rifle on a farm. The bruise left on my shoulder after made me never want to do it again (I was about 12 years old at the time)
Telling you what you need to know before you know you need to know it.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

GoldbergWWE wrote:I shot a rifle on a farm. The bruise left on my shoulder after made me never want to do it again (I was about 12 years old at the time)
You obviously didn't know what you were doing.
FETUS
Knight of Null
Knight of Null

Post by FETUS »

I shot a rifle on a farm. The bruise left on my shoulder after made me never want to do it again (I was about 12 years old at the time)
lol I remember shooting pigeons with a few friends and I convinced cody to hold the shotgun about 6 inches from his stomach when he shot :lol: knocked the wind right out of him and he had a bruise for about 2 weeks

also isn't there a gun ban in canada?
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

FETUS wrote:
lol I remember shooting pigeons with a few friends and I convinced cody to hold the shotgun about 6 inches from his stomach when he shot :lol: knocked the wind right out of him and he had a bruise for about 2 weeks

also isn't there a gun ban in canada?
No. It's kind of similar to the gun laws in America over there.
bigalgames
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by bigalgames »

Guns are dangerous business.
eBay should investigate this.

Don't bump old topics just to spam your site.
-Roofus