Post the last CD you bought

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Post Reply
Thomas
Thomas
Posts: 2989
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2003 3:12 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Post the last CD you bought

Post by Thomas » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:14 am

Pre-ordered "In Rainbows" by Radiohead on wax. Someone sell me OK Computer on vinyl!
User avatar
CupNoodle
Jim Dandy!
Posts: 2336
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2002 9:48 pm
Location: ny
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Post the last CD you bought

Post by CupNoodle » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:45 pm

Thomas wrote:Pre-ordered "In Rainbows" by Radiohead on wax. Someone sell me OK Computer on vinyl!
Isn't that 2x10" still in print?

My recent grabs:

20.SV - Acid Vomit.Human Genocide
20.SV - Insects
Wicked Messenger - The River Disappeared Sidewards
Objekt4 - Dead World Ambience Analysis
Roto Visage - Belial: Demon of Lust
Remembrance - Frail Visions
Blood Storm - Sirian Storm

I also bought an amazing 2xCD set called Brewery in Piotrków Trybunalski. 23 artists, mostly Polish (it was released on a Polish label), making music about beer in all its glory; from folklore and myth to chemical processes. Musically, styles include martial, industrial, neo-classical, neo-folk and ambient. Came in an A5 booklet comprised of pages designed by the participating bands. Amazing package for anyone into ambient music and beer!

Image
Thomas
Thomas
Posts: 2989
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2003 3:12 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Post the last CD you bought

Post by Thomas » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:43 pm

CupNoodle wrote:
Thomas wrote:Pre-ordered "In Rainbows" by Radiohead on wax. Someone sell me OK Computer on vinyl!
Isn't that 2x10" still in print?
It was on 2xLP, Amnesiac was on 2x10".
User avatar
CupNoodle
Jim Dandy!
Posts: 2336
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2002 9:48 pm
Location: ny
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Post the last CD you bought

Post by CupNoodle » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:02 am

Thomas wrote:
CupNoodle wrote:
Thomas wrote:Pre-ordered "In Rainbows" by Radiohead on wax. Someone sell me OK Computer on vinyl!
Isn't that 2x10" still in print?
It was on 2xLP, Amnesiac was on 2x10".
Oh, I see. I guess that's the one I saw the other day at the record store.
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod
Posts: 4970
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2001 3:40 pm
Location: The Canadian-Mexican border.
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Post the last CD you bought

Post by 404NotFound » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:35 pm

If you're looking for OK Computer on vinyl, i'd mozy on over to tower.com. Under advanced search they have an option to search for vinyl only. OK Computer is going for $19 now, but be warned that vinyl is somewhat commodity. The other week the very same record cost $60!

Just keep watch, things come in/out of stock as they rotate pressings.
User avatar
firewire1394
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
Posts: 214
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:58 pm
Location: Victoria, Australia
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: Post the last CD you bought

Post by firewire1394 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:12 am

daft punk - alive 2007 2 cd delux edition
$27
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Posts: 5954
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 8:42 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Post the last CD you bought

Post by Luriden » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:53 pm

Guitar Hero 3 OST (for the song downloads)
Smashing Pumpkins - Zeitgeist (Best Buy silver edition)
User avatar
Zealous zerotype
zerotype
Posts: 3701
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2003 7:11 pm
Location: Nashville,TN
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Post the last CD you bought

Post by Zealous zerotype » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:46 pm

Quzar wrote:Mindless Self Indulgence - Another Mindless Ripoff
The Limp Twins - Tales From Beyond The Groove
AMR kinda sucks, ehhh?

Anyways, just ordered some xmas gift music

TWO GALLANTS - LAS CRUCES JAIL - vinyl
TOKYO POLICE CLUB - LESSON IN CRIME - vinyl
ARCHITECTURE IN HELSINKI - PLACES LIKE THIS - cd
YEAH YEAH YEAHS - MACHINE - vinyl
PEACHES - TEACHES OF PEACHES - cd
VENUS HUM - HUMMINGBIRDS - cd
METRIC - LIVE IT OUT - vinyl
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
User avatar
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan
Posts: 2990
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2002 8:06 am
Location: Cary, NC
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: Post the last CD you bought

Post by Covar » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:08 pm

Greatest Hits - Ramones
Mothership - Led Zeppelin
Live at City Center - Monty Python
User avatar
Zealous zerotype
zerotype
Posts: 3701
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2003 7:11 pm
Location: Nashville,TN
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Post the last CD you bought

Post by Zealous zerotype » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:01 pm

Just bought Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Fever to Tell
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
User avatar
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder
Posts: 7492
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2002 12:14 am
Location: Miami, FL
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 4 times
Contact:

Re: Post the last CD you bought

Post by Quzar » Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:07 pm

Zealous zerotype wrote:
Quzar wrote:Mindless Self Indulgence - Another Mindless Ripoff
The Limp Twins - Tales From Beyond The Groove
AMR kinda sucks, ehhh?
I dunno, it's only 5 new tracks, just like um DLN. I kind of like some/most of them though. Same as I think about YRTA though. It's no FGWSSS, but it's still good, just... more standard. Since YRTA though, I've been regretting not getting the two after FGWSSS, so I'm gonna just buy whatever they put out =P

What I really want to get is Your Pain, Our Gain, but not for retail.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
User avatar
Zealous zerotype
zerotype
Posts: 3701
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2003 7:11 pm
Location: Nashville,TN
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Post the last CD you bought

Post by Zealous zerotype » Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:59 pm

Quzar wrote:
Zealous zerotype wrote:
Quzar wrote:Mindless Self Indulgence - Another Mindless Ripoff
The Limp Twins - Tales From Beyond The Groove
AMR kinda sucks, ehhh?
I dunno, it's only 5 new tracks, just like um DLN. I kind of like some/most of them though. Same as I think about YRTA though. It's no FGWSSS, but it's still good, just... more standard. Since YRTA though, I've been regretting not getting the two after FGWSSS, so I'm gonna just buy whatever they put out =P

What I really want to get is Your Pain, Our Gain, but not for retail.
I unno the tracks are really weak compared to some stuff they've been putting out inbetween. Like uncle, bomb this track, etc... Not a crazy ammout of stuff inbetween, but I think its better anyhow. Yeah, I got it last year and it gets basically no play, but aren't they spost to release an album this year? I don't think that is happening anymore, but a lot of the new live songs have been good and spost to be from the new cd. If it sucks, they died on a plane crash.
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
User avatar
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder
Posts: 7492
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2002 12:14 am
Location: Miami, FL
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 4 times
Contact:

Re: Post the last CD you bought

Post by Quzar » Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:25 pm

Zealous zerotype wrote:
Quzar wrote:
Zealous zerotype wrote:
Quzar wrote:Mindless Self Indulgence - Another Mindless Ripoff
The Limp Twins - Tales From Beyond The Groove
AMR kinda sucks, ehhh?
I dunno, it's only 5 new tracks, just like um DLN. I kind of like some/most of them though. Same as I think about YRTA though. It's no FGWSSS, but it's still good, just... more standard. Since YRTA though, I've been regretting not getting the two after FGWSSS, so I'm gonna just buy whatever they put out =P

What I really want to get is Your Pain, Our Gain, but not for retail.
I unno the tracks are really weak compared to some stuff they've been putting out inbetween. Like uncle, bomb this track, etc... Not a crazy ammout of stuff inbetween, but I think its better anyhow. Yeah, I got it last year and it gets basically no play, but aren't they spost to release an album this year? I don't think that is happening anymore, but a lot of the new live songs have been good and spost to be from the new cd. If it sucks, they died on a plane crash.
Totally agree with the myspace songs thing. I love Mark David Chapman. But Born to Beheaded was on something before IIRC as well as Pre-Teen Violence (I seem to remember Born to Beheaded maybe being on one of their really crazy rare promo things? and I think Pre-Teen Violence was originally a myspace song).

The way I see it, the EPs (this and DLN) work just as a good way to put out something that will sell better than the remix CDs, while testing the water for new tracks. Similar to how 1989 made it onto YRTA. I hope that Pre-Teen Violence makes it onto whatever their next full album is.

oh, and after looking it up, AMR is a limited edition thing. They made one run of 15000 and they are specifically not going to make any more.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Posts: 5954
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 8:42 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Post the last CD you bought

Post by Luriden » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:33 am

Coheed & Cambria - No World For Tomorrow (Deluxe)
User avatar
Zealous zerotype
zerotype
Posts: 3701
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2003 7:11 pm
Location: Nashville,TN
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Post the last CD you bought

Post by Zealous zerotype » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:26 pm

Venus Hum - Songs for Superheroes - cd
Venus Hum - Big Beautiful Sky - cd
Two Gallants - Two Gallants - Lp (really good deal the store had a 20% off sale so it was cheaper than buying it from the label)
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
User avatar
politoe
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster
Posts: 994
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2003 10:07 pm
Location: Los Angeles
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Post the last CD you bought

Post by politoe » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:15 pm

Suicidal Tendencies - Self-titled $7 (again)
User avatar
AgentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
Posts: 2706
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2003 6:59 pm
Location: Waiting in the sky
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: Post the last CD you bought

Post by AgentGreen » Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:21 am

POLYSICS - Now is the Time!
Paul Anka - Rock Swings
Image
User avatar
Deth2k7
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
Posts: 132
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:30 pm
Location: Florida
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: Post the last CD you bought

Post by Deth2k7 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:13 pm

Meshuggah - I
Nevermore - Enemies of Reality
Mastadon - Blood Mountain
Opeth - Damnation
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan
Posts: 2498
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:11 am
Location: United States
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Post the last CD you bought

Post by Nick » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:47 am

GnR -- Use Your Illusion I & II
GnR -- Lies
GnR -- The Spaghetti Incident?
GnR -- Appetite for Destruction
Metallica -- Master of Puppets

Ever since I started playing guitar, I really began digging Slash & [to a lesser extent] Izzy Stradlin's guitar playing. Hence the Guns N' Roses albums.
Very sexy hero, omg
User avatar
GyroVorbis
Elysian Shadows Developer
Elysian Shadows Developer
Posts: 1808
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:55 pm
Location: #%^&*!!!11one Super Sonic
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: Post the last CD you bought

Post by GyroVorbis » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:35 am

Medium Rare - Mighty Mighty Bosstones
Elysian Shadows - "Next-Gen" 2D/3D RPG coming to Sega Dreamcast, Steam, OUYA, and Smartphones
Image
http://www.elysianshadows.com
Post Reply