Uh oh I may have Phatbot (or something)

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
LukeD
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Uh oh I may have Phatbot (or something)

Post by LukeD »

First of all sorry to come to this forum so often with some kind of technichal issue. Anyway I have a little problem

Well I got that MSN thing working (see other msn thread if you want its not really important tho) , turns out it was my friends computer after all. However in the process of finding this out I had my windows firewall down all day. So anyway I start having problems this evening when I come home to the computer. When I try to open IE it freezes up and wont load, same with any other program that tries to access the net. Weird. So I got into my IE settings and turned on my firewall. Then I check out the details of the ports. Well there is one port called "Teredo" and it is checked to allow access through the internet. Now I know this wasn't there this morning cause I was checking my settings just this morning. I did a search for it and it comes up as some sort of tunneling program. Now I know this is not a virus or trojan in itself but something caused this to start up and its weird cause all programs I try to run freeze up when I'm connected to the net yet if I phisically unplug the cable, everything is fine. The only way I'm actually able to use the net is through Win ME (I have a dual boot setup) and I don't have a virus scanner. Though from Win ME I was able to go online and use an online virus scanner to scan my other drive partition. Any thoughts on what this might be? Thanks guys,

Luke

Update: Right after I typed this I saw http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s ... _2004mar17 on Yahoo, and crap! I had P2P turned on!
It's all About the Pentiums!!!
LukeD
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by LukeD »

Please bear with my litle rant: :lol:

Update: Well I figured out now I can use the internet with XP only I have to wait about 10 minutes then everything I clicked for 10 minutes opens up all at once. The computer only hangs if I try to connect via PPPoE (which I always did and I can't figure out why this problem is happening all of a sudden) but it seems like everything looks like its back to normal until I reboot then I have to go through that 10 min process again. I'm just afraid there may be nome kind of Trojan that activated that Teredo tunneling program and someone is monotering what I do on my PC (the connection to their comp or whatever accounting for the hang). Is this possible? I ran ad-aware and mcavee but didnt turn up anything. Although I wonder if this could have to do with all that stuff I quaranteened with ad-aware before all this happened. Could I have removed something important?
It's all About the Pentiums!!!