why do dcemuers hate cv?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Post by MetaFox »

The thing that makes me mad is that this started off as a question of why do dcemuers hate cv - followed by people saying it's the other way around, followed by "I hate CV" nonsense.

Site wars aren't healthy - they are annoying. I visit both sites, I post on the forums on both sites. Heck, I'd post news at both sites if I had more time.

I don't know why more people can't do the same.

It doesn't seem to me that it's the other way around - most CVers post here, but most DCEmuers don't even set foot over at Consolevision. Site wars are stupid. All four main DC sites are good (DCEmu, Consolevision, Boob!, and DCEvolution). Yes, CV is still considered a DC site. That's where most of the interest still lies. It may cover all consoles, but DCVision is still a big part of Consolevision.
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
Been thanked: 0

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

I don't hate CV either.I used to, back when crt0 ruled the site.I wish they hadn't akicked me for..."?", but I don't hate them for it.And for the record, I hate Treyday more than Ape.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

most DCEmuers don't even set foot over at Consolevision.
Are you sure you want all of them over at CV as well? You have seen Null, haven't you?
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

EvilN wrote:I don't hate CV either.I used to, back when crt0 ruled the site.I wish they hadn't akicked me for..."?", but I don't hate them for it.And for the record, I hate Treyday more than Ape.
Now I feel all special like. If memory serves you came into CV once and tried to play yourself off as a federal employee saying it was illegal for you to be banned. At least the akick says something like that.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
ragnarok2040
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by ragnarok2040 »

Nah, he impersonated an FBI agent and said that the government wanted us to shut down our site, among various other things like constantly making clones in the channel, and whatnot.
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

The "FBICommisioner44" was a joke on huma, and had nothing to do with the channel.My message was "blah blah blah consolevision is illegal" and he spotted it first sentence,And the "clones" would be the whole "floating thingy" thing, or eviln-laptop.
MrSiggler
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by MrSiggler »

I myself lost interest in CV after just my first few visits to the IRC channel. First I was kicked and banned simply because of the person who made my first site for me, and then later because I was supposedly that fake N64 emulators author... :roll:
TreyDay
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by TreyDay »

EvilN wrote:I hate Treyday more than Ape.
Quit hatin on a playa. Don't hate, appreciate.

What happened? Did you get your feelings hurt too?

I'm just playin. But for real, you need to fight for your rights and "Stop the Hate"
You don't work, you don't eat.
You don't grind, you shine.
-Mike Jones

281-330-8004, when someone picks up, ask for Mike Jones!

"It's [TreyDay] baby, I'm stackin my cheddar/plus I'm packin mo' heat than a Bill Cosby sweater"
Dr. Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

I don't hate CV (even though I had a few stupid little fights with some peeps from there a long time ago), I don't post there though because I knew I wasn't really welcome at the site with me being an evil DCEmu admin and all. Plus anytime I made a post it seemed to get taken the wrong way, so I figured it would be better if I just stayed away.
WhtCastle
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by WhtCastle »

Meh. I never have had a grudge against CV, no real reason/need to. I regged on the forums a few months back, but they are just too dead for my liking.
/WhtCastle
ragnarok2040
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by ragnarok2040 »

That's only because we talk about important stuff :P.
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

BlackAura wrote:
most DCEmuers don't even set foot over at Consolevision.
Are you sure you want all of them over at CV as well? You have seen Null, haven't you?
I like the peacefulness of the Consolevision message boards. It just burns my biscuits that most of the people that say that Consolevisioners hate DCEmu are the same people that never visit Consolevision at all.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

I like the peacefulness of the Consolevision message boards. It just burns my biscuits that most of the people that say that Consolevisioners hate DCEmu are the same people that never visit Consolevision at all.
It is a bit stupid, isn't it? I think there might only be a few hardcore loonies on either side, and pretty much everyone else doesn't care. That's fine by me, but it is odd that a lot of people here, even a fair portion of the regulars, just don't post over at CV. Then again, there are a few regulars over at CV who don't post here. I'd guess most of them just can't be bothered.
TreyDay
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by TreyDay »

You guys act like just because someone is a member of DCEmu, then they should also be members of consolevision. Sure, you could do both, but when Dcemu has just about every topic consolevision has plus more topics, plus most replies per thread, why bother? I mean sure, there's no filter there and there's a flame forum, but that's just not enough. Plus, if you're good at flaming, even if you flame in the flame forum, there's reprecussions.
You don't work, you don't eat.
You don't grind, you shine.
-Mike Jones

281-330-8004, when someone picks up, ask for Mike Jones!

"It's [TreyDay] baby, I'm stackin my cheddar/plus I'm packin mo' heat than a Bill Cosby sweater"
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

TreyDay wrote:You guys act like just because someone is a member of DCEmu, then they should also be members of consolevision. Sure, you could do both, but when Dcemu has just about every topic consolevision has plus more topics, plus most replies per thread, why bother? I mean sure, there's no filter there and there's a flame forum, but that's just not enough. Plus, if you're good at flaming, even if you flame in the flame forum, there's reprecussions.
That's why i don't go there. All of my questions were answered here so there was no need to go to another board.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

I did have a very long-winded response all typed out, but I decided to delete it and respond simply with this:

I had no strong feelings either way abour Consolevision until I actually took the effort to pop into theur chat channel on IRC. I had been told by |darc| that Consolevision's real strength is it's chat channel, and that everyone was real friendly there. How wrong I was. It's populated solely by abusive ops on a power kick who have absolutely no desire to hold a proper conversation whatsoever, but prefer to pointlessly attack others.

I find it a bit of a coincidence that the staff members of Consolevision I come into contact with most are either disgraced ex-Mods of DCemu, users who are currently banned, have been banned, or are running the very serious risk of a ban on here.

You can bitch all you want about our Admins abusing their power, but you ain't seen nothing until you've tried talking back to a member of staff at Consolevision. I cannot speak for every member of staff at the site, but the ones that I have spoken to have, for the most part, been very unpleasant individuals.

The site itself is very well-maintained, with a pretty layout and plenty of up-to-date information. It manages to cover all the next generation consoles fairly well, although I do find it a bit hypocritical that they allow newsposting of Xbox releases made with the official development kit but not of the customised web browsers. All in all, the site itself is pretty good, and there's a lot of information on it's members pages not found anywhere else. I just don't like a lot of the people in charge.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

you give links to download warez.. we don't. simple enough. And as for the abusive ops .. uhm who? I can be a dick at times but usually if you calm down I wont have problems.. thats basically the way everyone else is. btw nice bump :P
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
XXXNINTENDOGURLXXX
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by XXXNINTENDOGURLXXX »

Random_Troll wrote:you give links to download warez.. we don't. simple enough. And as for the abusive ops .. uhm who? I can be a dick at times but usually if you calm down I wont have problems.. thats basically the way everyone else is. btw nice bump :P
You, Xylene, Ragnarok, Uzza, i can go on and on >_<
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

XXXNINTENDOGURLXXX wrote:
Random_Troll wrote:you give links to download warez.. we don't. simple enough. And as for the abusive ops .. uhm who? I can be a dick at times but usually if you calm down I wont have problems.. thats basically the way everyone else is. btw nice bump :P
You, Xylene, Ragnarok, Uzza, i can go on and on >_<
yeah because I tale oh so much notice as to who's actually in there :roll:
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

XXXNINTENDOGURLXXX wrote: You, Xylene, Ragnarok, Uzza, i can go on and on >_<
Whats wrong with Ragnarok?

Also just so none of you have any illusions most people who are 'regulars' on an IRC channel are losers*, by definiton. Including you Elmer.

*regulars under the definiton of spending more than 4 hours a day in a channel