I challenge anyone to find a picture of "this" anywhere onli

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
DukeofURL
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

I challenge anyone to find a picture of "this" anywhere online

Post by DukeofURL »

Actually, I read in a magazine a long time ago about Battle Arena Toshinden for Sega Saturn. (I owned the game for PSX)

I heard about an alternate character named "Cupido" which was not released in the PSX version. I doubted this until yesterday when I found several MP3s of "Cupido's battle stage" at an internet site with video game music.

I have looked around for a picture of "Cupido" but I cannot come up with anything. (seeing how the game is old and Cupido was a secret character)

Can anyone else find a picture of him/her? I challenge you!
TrendWhore
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
Been thanked: 0

Post by TrendWhore »

http://www.codeonemagazine.com/archives ... cupido.jpg

ok, honestly.

i had the game for saturn (horrible horrible port). i remember cupido, just don't know where to get pictures of him. (googles image search doesn't bring up anything for "Battle Arena Toshiden Cupido")
oakfan
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by oakfan »

Here, its the best i could find for ya....
http://www.sega-saturn.com/saturn/softw ... bat-01.jpg
sam17
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by sam17 »

yes this is true, i have the Saturn version (Battle Arena Toshinden Remix) and you can select 2 new characters, Cupido and ??? ( i don,t remember the name but i think is master or something)
i had the game for saturn (horrible horrible port).
No, its a good port , the game is just old.
DukeofURL
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by DukeofURL »

Well, thanks for trying. Heh, Joe Cupido who is that?

I heard that the port was rushed and therefore was kinda shoddy.

it made me buy a PSX. (Although if I had known it was for Saturn {with even more characters} I probably would have bought Saturn.)
Chalavet
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Chalavet »

Finding a picture is kind of tough; but if you have a Saturn and want to see Cupido for yourself, this is what you do (or atleast what I did). I picked Eiji, and I defeated every character in the Story mode without having to continue due to defeat. After you beat the boss (looks like some big metal transformer), you finally meet up with Eiji's brother Sho (I think that was his name). If you beat Sho without having to continue due to losing to him, you meet up with Cupido. After a series of insults and riddles thrown to Eiji ("I spin fate, and I cut it off." my favorite (if I remember word for word) "Is your weak mind giving you a hard time?...Come Eiji it is time to meet your fate.

I really enjoyed Battle Arena Toshinden Remix as well as URA. I hope though that there is a next gen facelift for the series.

There are atleast 2 different endings for the game. You get an ending with Cupido in the background of the end game song, or you get a different background.

It is a fun game that can easily be picked up for $5-$7. I liked it a lot, but others hate it.
la_eternal
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by la_eternal »

I have the import version (Toshinden S) and Cupido is there, in addition to Sho. Also, the remixed soundtrack (which was standard in the US version), is present. FYI, Cupido is a girl, so whoever said "he" in reference was mistaken.

I can scan some pictures from the instruction booklet if someone really wants them. However, it won't be much to look at.
Bling_
YATTA!
YATTA!

Post by Bling_ »

i heard cupido is like a cupid guy.....thats CLASSIFIED INFO...
It's Thinking,
cKy_Bling
"I like my beers cold, and my homosexuals flamin'!"
http://www.ckymusic.com
DAMN RIGHT I'M A SPAMMER!!
DukeofURL
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by DukeofURL »

Actually, I would really apreciate it if I could see a picture of Cupido, scanned from the manual would be perfect unless its too much trouble.

Man! theres even a story mode? that wasnt in the PSX version...
One of these days Ill try to buy a Saturn (probably just for that game) I am a big fan of the series, and I even have a copy of the limited release of Battle Arena Toshinden 3 for the US. (Starring Vermilion, the evil guy with the sawed off shotgun, and a bunch of people who really do not fit in with the toshinden game at all {Robots and Chainsaws?})

I also own the movie, and I heard that there is a sequel.

Is Toshinden 5 the same as Toshinden Subaru? And is it for PSX or Saturn?
revengeofLaEternal
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by revengeofLaEternal »

I bet no one actually thought I would come through with this...

I was playing some of my Saturn games in a mini marathon of sorts and came across this. For some reason, I remembered that this topic existed and that someone wanted this...

This picture is of Cupido, a boss character exclusive to the saturn version of the first Toshinden (taken from the Toshinden S manual). I hope this is appreciated by anyone who wanted to see it.

P.S. if the picture doesn't show correctly, try copying and pasting:
http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Bay/7643 ... o-info.jpg