white history month

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
MystiK
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by MystiK »

I said get over it as I just fudging said because I'm sick of these topics coming up. Who cares they happen I really don't. That's why I said go fiddle some wood dick.
same here.
The whole idea of having a ethnic/racial history months is to instill confidence into
minority races by educating them about accomplishments and achievements that their race has made in history. If you (whoever is the author) and the other person who posted something similar to this, just cant understand that, drop an anvil through your forehead because you are fucking retarded.
French Connection United Kingdom should be renamed to French Union Connection Klothing
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

Random_Troll wrote:
Yes Having "black history" months and "insert color here month" are racist. Don't beleive me fine go fidle some wood.
i agree with you. i think black history month is just an excuse to bash white people for the things that happened back then, nothing more.
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

Lunchbox wrote:
Random_Troll wrote:
Yes Having "black history" months and "insert color here month" are racist. Don't beleive me fine go fidle some wood.
i agree with you. i think black history month is just an excuse to bash white people for the things that happened back then, nothing more.
more or less the same thing you guys said. for groups trying to get equallity why do they demand special treatment? isn't that hypocritical? seriously if anyone has a good answer to this please let me know.
TreyDay
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by TreyDay »

Sometimes you have to force equality. If it wasn't for those months, we wouldn't learn about them at all.
You don't work, you don't eat.
You don't grind, you shine.
-Mike Jones

281-330-8004, when someone picks up, ask for Mike Jones!

"It's [TreyDay] baby, I'm stackin my cheddar/plus I'm packin mo' heat than a Bill Cosby sweater"
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

could be a reason for that... actually you do learn about them in school just no one takes notice till black history month.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
TreyDay
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by TreyDay »

Don't tell me what I learn in school. I know what I learn in school. Maybe in your liberal save-the-whales school you guys learn about black people all year round, but not here. Not even during February.
-Mike Jones

"It's [TreyDay] baby, I'm stackin my cheddar/plus I'm packin mo' heat than a Bill Cosby sweater"
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

oh no I can't tell you whats in the curriculum. Sorry forgot I actually take action and go to good schools.
Giving H-E-A-D head
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

TreyDay wrote:Don't tell me what I learn in school. I know what I learn in school. Maybe in your liberal save-the-whales school you guys learn about black people all year round, but not here. Not even during February.
same. but it all comes down to whats more important. In my history class last year, we were learning about the industrial revolution, and then february rolled around. why should we have to put off learning about one of the most important era's in history to learn about some stubborn black woman who sat in the front of the bus?
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Master Higgins »

people here are saying "the victor writes history" well if it were the white man who won then why do we have these months? It is flawed logic on these parts. I am not anti or for the months I just am pointing this out
GoldbergWWE
Respected Artist
Respected Artist

Post by GoldbergWWE »

When i was in school, history was country specific, not racial. We learned about how the country was settled. The hardships endured. The Indians. The world War. The depression. The second world war. The slave trade. Industrial Revolution. The slave train. Martin leuther King. The beatles even. And lots more. I even had to do a project on Australia in grade 3. (remember, I lived in Canada at the time)
History used to include everything that made up the country good, and bad. I found out that most schools here in Australia dont even teach about the world wars. (You wouldnt believe me if i told you the reason either). Maybe the school system here and the USA should get back to whats important.
Trash the racial history months, and get back to assimilating all race history as it was waaaay back in the late 1900's.

-G
Telling you what you need to know before you know you need to know it.
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Master Higgins »

Trash the racial history months, and get back to assimilating all race history as it was waaaay back in the late 1900's.
in the late 1900's they were taught, that all battles won against indians were victories, and all lost were horrible massacres lost to savages. That catholics were horrible poeple, that the Crimea war was the greatest victory ever, that the white man had the burden of conquering the insolent brown people of the world annd all that bs :roll:
Last edited by Master Higgins on Sun Oct 12, 2003 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TreyDay
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by TreyDay »

Lunchbox wrote:
TreyDay wrote:Don't tell me what I learn in school. I know what I learn in school. Maybe in your liberal save-the-whales school you guys learn about black people all year round, but not here. Not even during February.
same. but it all comes down to whats more important. In my history class last year, we were learning about the industrial revolution, and then february rolled around. why should we have to put off learning about one of the most important era's in history to learn about some stubborn black woman who sat in the front of the bus?
It depends. To black people Rosa Parks not giving up her seat in protest is more important because it helped in progressing towards equality. It's probably not important to you because whether it happened or not, you would still be able to sit where you want.
-Mike Jones

Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

Special "xxx" History Months only serve to separate us, not bring us together as most people would have us believe. The Montgomery Bus Boycott, Rosa Parks not giving up her seat, the march on Washington, the "I Have a Dream" Speach, etc. should not be taught as "Black History." It's American History. Unless you personally sat down at a lunch counter and were beaten and arrested for it, then it's as much my history as it is yours.
MystiK
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by MystiK »

Special "xxx" History Months only serve to separate us, not bring us together as most people would have us believe. The Montgomery Bus Boycott, Rosa Parks not giving up her seat, the march on Washington, the "I Have a Dream" Speach, etc. should not be taught as "Black History." It's American History. Unless you personally sat down at a lunch counter and were beaten and arrested for it, then it's as much my history as it is yours.
I guess that's a valid point. But I still think a history month is nothing to bitch about. Based on the same logic, christmas shouldnt exist because not everyone is christian and so on.
French Connection United Kingdom should be renamed to French Union Connection Klothing
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

Sickliquid86 wrote:people here are saying "the victor writes history" well if it were the white man who won then why do we have these months? It is flawed logic on these parts. I am not anti or for the months I just am pointing this out
that wasn't what I was referring to as a victory.. please read.....
Giving H-E-A-D head
jaredfogle
DCEmu Turkey Baster
DCEmu Turkey Baster

Post by jaredfogle »

-Azathoth- wrote:
AmadeusZull wrote:where is indian history month?

they are 1/3 of our doctors and 3/4 of gas station and liqour store owners.

OH BALLE!
Yep. I cannot remember a single 7-11 that wasnt owned/run by an Indian man and his wife. Thing of it is, theyre always cool people.
Yeah. They always seem really cool.

I would imagine they make a decent living off a store like that, too.
Where's toastman? I'm bored.
GoldbergWWE
Respected Artist
Respected Artist

Post by GoldbergWWE »

Sickliquid86 wrote:
in the late 1900's they were taught, that all battles won against indians were victories, and all lost were horrible massacres lost to savages. That catholics were horrible poeple, that the Crimea war was the greatest victory ever, that the white man had the burden of conquering the insolent brown people of the world annd all that bs :roll:
uhhh.... the late 1900's..as in 1980s when I went to school :P
TreyDay
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by TreyDay »

GoldbergWWE wrote:When i was in school, history was country specific, not racial. We learned about how the country was settled. The hardships endured. The Indians. The world War. The depression. The second world war. The slave trade. Industrial Revolution. The slave train. Martin leuther King. The beatles even. And lots more. I even had to do a project on Australia in grade 3. (remember, I lived in Canada at the time)
History used to include everything that made up the country good, and bad. I found out that most schools here in Australia dont even teach about the world wars. (You wouldnt believe me if i told you the reason either). Maybe the school system here and the USA should get back to whats important.

-G
Why don't they teach the world wars in Australia?

In America it's race specific. The people in America don't have deep, deep roots, so we have to teach our own culture based on race and region in the US for us to have our own culture. That's just the way it is, things will never be the same.
-Mike Jones

GoldbergWWE
Respected Artist
Respected Artist

Post by GoldbergWWE »

TreyDay wrote:
GoldbergWWE wrote:When i was in school, history was country specific, not racial. We learned about how the country was settled. The hardships endured. The Indians. The world War. The depression. The second world war. The slave trade. Industrial Revolution. The slave train. Martin leuther King. The beatles even. And lots more. I even had to do a project on Australia in grade 3. (remember, I lived in Canada at the time)

-G
Why don't they teach the world wars in Australia?

In America it's race specific. The people in America don't have deep, deep roots, so we have to teach our own culture based on race and region in the US for us to have our own culture. That's just the way it is, things will never be the same.
Well according to the papers and some news programs, the World Wars specifically anything to do with Japan, is no longer being taught in Asian Dominant schools because in japan the War never happened. Japan never attacked anyone, and when the kids of the parents who immigrated from Japan came home and told the parents that japan bombed Pearl Harbour, the parents went into shock and pulled thier kids from school because they were teaching lies. Believe it?

-G
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

GoldbergWWE wrote:
Sickliquid86 wrote:
uhhh.... the late 1900's..as in 1980s when I went to school :P
Yeah... You're implying it was different in the 1980s? The way he said it is only a slight exaggeration of what the textbooks said when I went to school. They portrayed the Indians as being bad guys, possessing our land before we got here. Or some bull**** thing like that.

They didn't tell us the reality until 6th grade, though I knew it from outside sources, not to mention teachers would usually tell us a bit about it. Most history teachers use a LOT of stuff outside the textbook because American History textbooks suck.