When does one become gay?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Master Higgins » Sun Sep 21, 2003 1:58 am

MetalGearRay wrote:
Sickliquid86 wrote:
Yeah, you're gay when you want to kiss or have sexual fantasies about a man for pleasure. For example, I could say "Colin Farrel is good looking." That does NOT mean I'm gay. It just means that I acknowledge that he is a good looking man. If someone says "I want to kiss Colin Farrel" or "I want to have sex with Colin Farrel", then they probably ARE gay. Unless they're joking, of course.
Ya I don't have sexual fantasies about men, but this feeling I get , I will write out the "symptons"
1) Tightening of the stomach/ Butterflies
2) I want talk to them
3) Hang out with them
4) Be them
5) Sometimes I want to see them naked
Things that do not happen
1) I do not get an erection
2) Do not have fantasies of sex
3) Do not smile like when I am around girls
No, that doesn't mean you're gay. It just means that you think they're cool and you look up to them. It's normal. You have a deep respect for them.
I thought the naked thing was a little oddd though...that is what gets me......
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 » Sun Sep 21, 2003 1:58 am

Dude, this sounds like something to sort out with a shrink. If you're confused by your attraction to other dudes, you very well may be repressing homosexual or bisexual tendencies, but I doubt there's anyone on these message boards qualified to get inside your head to sort that out.
jaredfogle
DCEmu Turkey Baster
DCEmu Turkey Baster

Post by jaredfogle » Sun Sep 21, 2003 1:59 am

Sickliquid86 wrote:
ian wrote:anyone could be "bi" you dont know
I don't understand BI, if you screw men you are gay, I don't think it is possible to not be attracted to the opposite sex myself so I don't quite grasp the whole BI thing. You either are gay or you aren't. Also what I don't understand is how these guys will go out with really effeminate guys when they are gay, that doesn't make sense to me, when I see girly guys or the stereotypical guy, all joking aside I want to beat him to half to death. Where as those 2 guys I was telling you about one is a really buff guy who is always real nice to everyone, and the other is a Basque Soccer Player I know with really cool style of hair and all that who acts really manly.
I think bisexuality comes from the frame of mind that it doesnt make sense to deny yourself 50% of the population when choosing a mate.
Where's toastman? I'm bored.
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Master Higgins » Sun Sep 21, 2003 2:00 am

OneThirty8 wrote:Dude, this sounds like something to sort out with a shrink. I know I'm not gay because I'm not attracted to other dudes. If you're confused by your attraction to other dudes, you very well may be repressing homosexual or bisexual tendencies, but I doubt there's anyone on these message boards qualified to get inside your head to sort that out.
I will never ever ever ever see a shrink, I was offered to go to see one once b4 after some stuff happened in my family, I said no. I don't want to be weak like that, if I have problems I will take care of it myself or talk it out in the confessional with a priest, someone I've known my whole life, not some paki trying to make a dime off my problems.
I think bisexuality comes from the frame of mind that it doesnt make sense to deny yourself 50% of the population when choosing a mate.
that makes sense, thanks for clarifying :P
ian
Young Null Warrior
Young Null Warrior

Post by ian » Sun Sep 21, 2003 2:01 am

bi means you can share a relationship with either a guy or girl eg if mr A had sex with a guy then a week later dumped him and started dating a gal had sex with her dumped her then went with a guy again he is bi basicly if YOU only men your gay if YOU only like girls your straght if YOU get along with (and are attracted to) both sexes you are bi
It's a livin' thing, Its a terrible thing to lose.
spaghetti
DCEmu's #1 Cher fan
DCEmu's #1 Cher fan

Post by spaghetti » Sun Sep 21, 2003 2:01 am

Ya know, let's put it this way...

Sexuality is way to broad and varied to be locked down to a particular label. You fall into a label when you find yourself too much like preconcieved notions about people of that particular group. You're called gay if you exhibit too many homosexual traits (stereotypical or not), yet you're "straight" or "metrosexual" if you simply screw more girls than guys.

Labels are stupid, so let's not even bother with gay or straight anymore. Let's just screw who we want to screw, and bond in deep emotional ways with who we want to bond with. Male or female.

Without a label I'm still gonna seek my bond with guys, for all sorts of reasons. But it makes life easier if I'm not lumped into a class I bear little resemblence to simply because my feelings are confusing and ever changing.
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Master Higgins » Sun Sep 21, 2003 2:03 am

spaghetti wrote:Ya know, let's put it this way...

Sexuality is way to broad and varied to be locked down to a particular label. You fall into a label when you find yourself too much like preconcieved notions about people of that particular group. You're called gay if you exhibit too many homosexual traits (stereotypical or not), yet you're "straight" or "metrosexual" if you simply screw more girls than guys.

Labels are stupid, so let's not even bother with gay or straight anymore. Let's just screw who we want to screw, and bond in deep emotional ways with who we want to bond with. Male or female.

Without a label I'm still gonna seek my bond with guys, for all sorts of reasons. But it makes life easier if I'm not lumped into a class I bear little resemblence to simply because my feelings are confusing and ever changing.
sorry spaghetti but I am not feeling you, I respect your opinion but I had a guy who I think was gaying on to me once and it made me feel uncomfortable people make labels to feel comfortable, and right now I am confused and therefore uncomfortable.
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Master Higgins » Sun Sep 21, 2003 2:06 am

This is just a question, has anyone masterbated thinking of themselves b4?
ian
Young Null Warrior
Young Null Warrior

Post by ian » Sun Sep 21, 2003 2:07 am

you'll be fine dont be ashamed of who you are
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Master Higgins » Sun Sep 21, 2003 2:10 am

ya, but gays bug me usually, no offense ot you spagetti but I am not going to lye just to make myself seem more pc over the net. The fact that I have thoughts that make me unsure of myself kind of bugs me, yet if my best friend turned gay, I don't think I would have a problem. Really though it isn't gayness that obothers me more just feminite submissive men, ntor eally gays but the stereotype of them, anyways here is a replay for anyone who missed it
Tis is just a question, has anyone masterbated thinking of themselves b4?
ian
Young Null Warrior
Young Null Warrior

Post by ian » Sun Sep 21, 2003 2:15 am

most of the time you cant even tell their gay unless they tell you
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Master Higgins » Sun Sep 21, 2003 2:18 am

ian wrote:most of the time you cant even tell their gay unless they tell you
ya, I dislike effeminate men really
spaghetti
DCEmu's #1 Cher fan
DCEmu's #1 Cher fan

Post by spaghetti » Sun Sep 21, 2003 2:19 am

Sickliquid86 wrote:ya, but gays bug me usually, no offense ot you spagetti but I am not going to lye just to make myself seem more pc over the net. The fact that I have thoughts that make me unsure of myself kind of bugs me, yet if my best friend turned gay, I don't think I would have a problem. Really though it isn't gayness that obothers me more just feminite submissive men, ntor eally gays but the stereotype of them, anyways here is a replay for anyone who missed it
Offense is only taken because nomatter how hard I try to make myself be unique person, I still get lumped into this very broad category of "gay" people.

I'm unique. See me for my preferences, my tastes, my ideas. See every person that way. I taught myself to see straight guys that way (after a long period of fear/apprehension for their kind) so I think it's fair to ask that they do the same now.
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Master Higgins » Sun Sep 21, 2003 2:22 am

spaghetti wrote:
Sickliquid86 wrote:ya, but gays bug me usually, no offense ot you spagetti but I am not going to lye just to make myself seem more pc over the net. The fact that I have thoughts that make me unsure of myself kind of bugs me, yet if my best friend turned gay, I don't think I would have a problem. Really though it isn't gayness that obothers me more just feminite submissive men, ntor eally gays but the stereotype of them, anyways here is a replay for anyone who missed it
Offense is only taken because nomatter how hard I try to make myself be unique person, I still get lumped into this very broad category of "gay" people.

I'm unique. See me for my preferences, my tastes, my ideas. See every person that way. I taught myself to see straight guys that way (after a long period of fear/apprehension for their kind) so I think it's fair to ask that they do the same now.
yep, I must apoligize, my idea of gays is the lispy, eyebrow pierced crop top weaing guys I see once in a blue moon. In truth one can't really tell, although If I see two guys being affectionate towards eachother it grosses me out otherwise though it is really just effeminate men who bother me straight or gay, those types bother me. I don't really know you so I can't judge you.
ian
Young Null Warrior
Young Null Warrior

Post by ian » Sun Sep 21, 2003 2:25 am

eveery one is unique.. people think because you are gay all you like to do is f@ck men all day. they dont relise you have other interests the same as they do and thats why they judge you so harshly
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Master Higgins » Sun Sep 21, 2003 2:34 am

ian wrote:eveery one is unique.. people think because you are gay all you like to do is f@ck men all day. they dont relise you have other interests the same as they do and thats why they judge you so harshly
good point man. Anyways I am NOT gay. I imagine if you have doubts you aren't right? I don't want to screw men, but it still perplexes me this affinity I have for those two guys....
ian
Young Null Warrior
Young Null Warrior

Post by ian » Sun Sep 21, 2003 2:37 am

cool.. if you say youre not gay i belive you.. its your life its your choice hope we made things easyier for you :D
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Master Higgins » Sun Sep 21, 2003 2:44 am

we never did define gayness though...
ian
Young Null Warrior
Young Null Warrior

Post by ian » Sun Sep 21, 2003 2:49 am

oh well my cousin just woke up so im off to play flight sim 2004 talk to you later "sickl" bye!
spaghetti
DCEmu's #1 Cher fan
DCEmu's #1 Cher fan

Post by spaghetti » Sun Sep 21, 2003 2:53 am

Sickliquid86 wrote:we never did define gayness though...
Yes, I did. Scroll back a little. I basically said it's more of an emotional attraction to the same gender than a physical one.