When does one become gay?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
revengeofLaEternal
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Posts: 746
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2002 11:59 pm
Location: the internet
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by revengeofLaEternal » Sun Sep 21, 2003 5:59 pm

I think you all have the same problem, and that is having (or at least seeming to have) this innate urge and need to label things, which in this case is someone's sexuality. Everyone is different, and trying to place a label on who and how they love which is so broad (and considered by many to be out of date) yet so limiting is unfair. I urge you all to just shut up and think about that fact that people are people and they are going to love whom they choose how they choose when they choose (assuming that you choose the person you fall in love with... that's a different topic all on its own :wink: ).
Storminator16
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran
Posts: 850
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2003 11:12 am
Location: NC/Iraq
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Post by Storminator16 » Sun Sep 21, 2003 6:11 pm

revengeofLaEternal wrote:Everyone is different, and trying to place a label on who and how they love which is so broad (and considered by many to be out of date) yet so limiting is unfair.
? What's all this mess about labels? I'm a heterosexual, I had a roomate once who was homosexual. Madonna is clearly bisexual. It's not a label, it's common sense.

I think the problem is is that you feel that being called something in the vein of common sense is negativity. I guess I should stop calling people webmasters, CEOs of a Fortune 500 companies, and moms. You liberal New Age thinkers kill me :P LOL

If I'm wrong, please show me how.
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Posts: 5492
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2001 4:29 pm
Location: Goodison Park
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by perry » Sun Sep 21, 2003 6:26 pm

WillSams wrote:
revengeofLaEternal wrote:Everyone is different, and trying to place a label on who and how they love which is so broad (and considered by many to be out of date) yet so limiting is unfair.
? What's all this mess about labels? I'm a heterosexual, I had a roomate once who was homosexual. Madonna is clearly bisexual. It's not a label, it's common sense.

I think the problem is is that you feel that being called something in the vein of common sense is negativity. I guess I should stop calling people webmasters, CEOs of a Fortune 500 companies, and moms. You liberal New Age thinkers kill me :P LOL

If I'm wrong, please show me how.
People can be labelled webmasters cause they are. It's what they do .A mum will be a mum regardless of what she does/says afterwards. As far as love/sex etc go it's difficualt to label as people are forever changing, and differant things are happening.
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
User avatar
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster
Posts: 16220
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2001 6:00 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 15 times
Contact:

Post by |darc| » Sun Sep 21, 2003 6:28 pm

perry2175 wrote:
WillSams wrote:
revengeofLaEternal wrote:Everyone is different, and trying to place a label on who and how they love which is so broad (and considered by many to be out of date) yet so limiting is unfair.
? What's all this mess about labels? I'm a heterosexual, I had a roomate once who was homosexual. Madonna is clearly bisexual. It's not a label, it's common sense.

I think the problem is is that you feel that being called something in the vein of common sense is negativity. I guess I should stop calling people webmasters, CEOs of a Fortune 500 companies, and moms. You liberal New Age thinkers kill me :P LOL

If I'm wrong, please show me how.
People can be labelled webmasters cause they are. It's what they do .A mum will be a mum regardless of what she does/says afterwards. As far as love/sex etc go it's difficualt to label as people are forever changing, and differant things are happening.
To add to this, people are also quick to imagine a gay person... Some people think of a gay person immediatly as a person who loves rainbows and is extremely feminine and talks with a lisp, etc... When that's not true. Basically, what I'm saying is, a label will lead to a stereotype, and they do not define their subject well enough.
It's thinking...
Storminator16
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran
Posts: 850
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2003 11:12 am
Location: NC/Iraq
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Post by Storminator16 » Sun Sep 21, 2003 6:31 pm

WHAT! Dudes...whoah....what is going on? You didn't get what I just said. The labels that you guys think are offensive are offensive because you think they are.

Last time I checked, there was nothing negative about the words heterosexual, homosexual, and bisexual. Those are clear, concise definitions.

Like I said earlier, I had a homosexual roomate, and a bisexual girlfriend once. I'm not trying to be negative if that's what you are perceiving me as being. I dunno, I'm confused on what you are thinking I'm trying to say here....

Hmmm, I guess I should stop considering myself a male then...

My brother isn't my brother.....

My neighbor isn't my neighbor...

I think you guys just like to find something to just to say it's wrong. This generation is getting more and more wierder. The sad thing is, I'm stuck in it *sigh*

EDIT: But it's quite ok to label all blacks to speak and act a certain way, right? LOL, you can't imagine the IMs I get from miscellaneous people who see my pic on my site. "How's it going, dog?" and pooh like that...
Last edited by Storminator16 on Sun Sep 21, 2003 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Narcissus
TAFKA Token99
TAFKA Token99
Posts: 1997
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2002 1:16 pm
Location: The mirror. | .rorrim ehT
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Post by Narcissus » Sun Sep 21, 2003 6:34 pm

I have never been physically attracted to a man, as a matter of fact, there aren't too many men I even like. Men are pigs (sorry guys, it's true, it's animal nature). But I do think most people have a little bisexuality in them, although it may be more suppressed in some than others. It seems that it's more obvious in women, because in society they are more socially accepted when attracted to other women. Men (not all but most) get all wierded out if a they think a friend, or someone they know is gay or bisexual. I'd take it as a compliment if a gay dude told me I was hot, even though I wouldn't be interested. As a matter of fact, I like the fact that some men are gay, because that means there's a higher of percentage of women for me to date. ;-)
The only limitations we have, are the ones we set for ourselves...
User avatar
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer
Posts: 4274
Joined: Fri May 30, 2003 12:14 pm
Location: Wherever I'm Needed
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Post by curt_grymala » Sun Sep 21, 2003 6:41 pm

This is kind of a curious topic. My friend Chris and I used to joke about which guys we would take a bath with. I'm not sure if either of us were ever serious about it, but it was our way of figuring out how much we liked certain people. For instance, I think Brad Pitt is one of the greatest "pretty boy" actors ever, so Chris would ask me if I would take a bath with Brad Pitt. Chris absolutely adores Henry Rollins, so he said he would probably take a bath with Hank.

Neither of us were gay, and I don't think either of us are attracted to guys, but you can have a certain respect or affection for a guy that can border on attraction.
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
jaredfogle
DCEmu Turkey Baster
DCEmu Turkey Baster
Posts: 2663
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2002 8:34 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by jaredfogle » Sun Sep 21, 2003 6:41 pm

WillSams wrote:WHAT! Dudes...whoah....what is going on? You didn't get what I just said. The labels that you guys think are offensive are offensive because you think they are.

Last time I checked, there was nothing negative about the words heterosexual, homosexual, and bisexual. Those are clear, concise definitions.

Like I said earlier, I had a homosexual roomate, and a bisexual girlfriend once. I'm not trying to be negative if that's what you are perceiving me as being. I dunno, I'm confused on what you are thinking I'm trying to say here....

Hmmm, I guess I should stop considering myself a male then...

My brother isn't my brother.....

My neighbor isn't my neighbor...

I think you guys just like to find something to just to say it's wrong. This generation is getting more and more wierder. The sad thing is, I'm stuck in it *sigh*

EDIT: But it's quite ok to label all blacks to speak and act a certain way, right? LOL, you can't imagine the IMs I get from miscellaneous people who see my pic on my site. "How's it going, dog?" and pooh like that...
Their point was, there is a serious gray area when it comes to sexuality.
Where's toastman? I'm bored.
Storminator16
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran
Posts: 850
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2003 11:12 am
Location: NC/Iraq
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Post by Storminator16 » Sun Sep 21, 2003 6:44 pm

perry2175 wrote:As far as love/sex etc go it's difficualt to label as people are forever changing, and differant things are happening.
Once again, there are very concise definitions for the words heterosexual, homosexual, and bisexual. If someone wants to stereotype something it is very wrong to do (stereotyping, that is...I think some of you read this wrong), but you can't change what they are conditioned to unless they change their thinking themselves. Common sense, people. ;)

Btw, Narcissus, I got hit on by a dude once...in a gay club! He sent his sister over to do it. I thought she was trying to hit on me! What an embaressing moment....and the said ex-girlfriend was their to laugh at it LOL

EDIT: Jared, their is no gray area. Are you gay? No? Do you know anyone who is gay? No? So how the heck do you know? Someone please tell me how you come to your conclusions, because I know how I come to mine ;) Really, if anyone could enlighten me I will listen to what they have to say.

Last time a checked (to be blunt), a dick is a dick and a cunt is a cunt. Veeerrrrrryyy distint lines. Veeeeerrrryyyy distinct.
Last edited by Storminator16 on Sun Sep 21, 2003 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Wagh
Wagh
Posts: 5742
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2002 7:59 pm
Location: YSOH
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Post by Wagh » Sun Sep 21, 2003 6:49 pm

what I have to say is it doesn't matter.. I've already stated it.. I really don't understand why people like you really give a flying fuck about what people like to .. well fuck.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
User avatar
Narcissus
TAFKA Token99
TAFKA Token99
Posts: 1997
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2002 1:16 pm
Location: The mirror. | .rorrim ehT
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Post by Narcissus » Sun Sep 21, 2003 6:50 pm

Has anyone here had a "Human Sexuality" class, like in college or anything?
The only limitations we have, are the ones we set for ourselves...
Storminator16
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran
Posts: 850
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2003 11:12 am
Location: NC/Iraq
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Post by Storminator16 » Sun Sep 21, 2003 6:54 pm

Random_Troll wrote:what I have to say is it doesn't matter.. I've already stated it.. I really don't understand why people like you really give a flying fudge about what people like to .. well fudge.
See, I think this is how this thread continues to grow legs...someone injects another version of what the topic was all about, orginally. This is my last post, because this is going to continue getting more and more off-topic because someone will always bring up a new point to argue about, therefore placing the "oh, he thinks that way" arrow squarely on someone.

For the record, I give less than a damn about with other people do. This conversation is here, so it's pointless to discredit it by saying "I really don't understand why people like you really give a flying fudge about what people like to...well fudge" I didn't start the topic LOL! Like I said, I lived with a gay man and I had a bisexual girlfriend. Hmmmm, how does that make me (negatively)care. Also, for the record, I don't agree with the life style. Most of the gay people I've come to know have some serious identity issues.

I thought I'd try to just have a conversation on two on here today, but I see that's impossible with you guys LOL Continue to argue about something....
Last edited by Storminator16 on Sun Sep 21, 2003 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Wagh
Wagh
Posts: 5742
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2002 7:59 pm
Location: YSOH
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Post by Wagh » Sun Sep 21, 2003 6:55 pm

:| just a simple statement man.. but I guess it's easy for you to put yourself upon the cross again isn't it :P
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
Storminator16
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran
Posts: 850
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2003 11:12 am
Location: NC/Iraq
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Post by Storminator16 » Sun Sep 21, 2003 6:57 pm

What? Why is everything always so personal with some of you.
Last edited by Storminator16 on Sun Sep 21, 2003 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Wagh
Wagh
Posts: 5742
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2002 7:59 pm
Location: YSOH
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Post by Wagh » Sun Sep 21, 2003 6:59 pm

WillSams wrote: Someone please tell me how you come to your conclusions, because I know how I come to mine ;) Really, if anyone could enlighten me I will listen to what they have to say
..
you asked... I answered then you freaked :/
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
Storminator16
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran
Posts: 850
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2003 11:12 am
Location: NC/Iraq
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Post by Storminator16 » Sun Sep 21, 2003 7:01 pm

I didn't freak. How did you construe that by typed words? LOL I'm just trying to have a conversation...but it seems like everytime I have a conversation on DC Emu or Consolevision on a off-topic certain people take it personal. I've always found that really, really wierd.


This is where you got personal, RT:
what I have to say is it doesn't matter.. I've already stated it.. I really don't understand why people like you really give a flying fudge about what people like to .. well fudge.
The "you" was implying that I think a certain way about something, and it was very baseless ;)
jaredfogle
DCEmu Turkey Baster
DCEmu Turkey Baster
Posts: 2663
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2002 8:34 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by jaredfogle » Sun Sep 21, 2003 7:23 pm

WillSams wrote:
perry2175 wrote:As far as love/sex etc go it's difficualt to label as people are forever changing, and differant things are happening.
Once again, there are very concise definitions for the words heterosexual, homosexual, and bisexual. If someone wants to stereotype something it is very wrong to do (stereotyping, that is...I think some of you read this wrong), but you can't change what they are conditioned to unless they change their thinking themselves. Common sense, people. ;)

Btw, Narcissus, I got hit on by a dude once...in a gay club! He sent his sister over to do it. I thought she was trying to hit on me! What an embaressing moment....and the said ex-girlfriend was their to laugh at it LOL

EDIT: Jared, their is no gray area. Are you gay? No? Do you know anyone who is gay? No? So how the heck do you know? Someone please tell me how you come to your conclusions, because I know how I come to mine ;) Really, if anyone could enlighten me I will listen to what they have to say.

Last time a checked (to be blunt), a dick is a dick and a vertical bacon sandwich is a vertical bacon sandwich. Veeerrrrrryyy distint lines. Veeeeerrrryyyy distinct.
My Uncle is gay. He is married to another gay man.

Me, my brother, and two of my cousins had a quite a lengthy discussion with them about sexuality. I think I have a good deal more insight on the matter than you or most peopel on this forum.
Where's toastman? I'm bored.
GoldbergWWE
Respected Artist
Respected Artist
Posts: 849
Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2002 7:04 am
Location: Australia
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by GoldbergWWE » Sun Sep 21, 2003 7:24 pm

Ideals and ideas have changed over the past century. Back in the 1800's a man would admire a mans sense of strength and the beauty of a man was his physical shape - muscles- definition etc...
It is quite normal for a man to admire another mans body, not for sexual purpose, but a way of comparitive dominance. If you like the look of a man, does not make you homosexual. Admitting something that is actually natural is good. Without realizing it, everyone actually "sizes up the competition" as it were. It's natural instinct.

Don't worry about it sick, if you're questioning your sexuality, do it because you actually get off on the male body and not just because you want to admire a muscular/strong man.

-G
Image
Telling you what you need to know before you know you need to know it.
Synlor
Official DCEMU Stalker
Official DCEMU Stalker
Posts: 1604
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 6:26 pm
Location: South Dakota
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Post by Synlor » Sun Sep 21, 2003 7:25 pm

I'm just wondering how sick can be saying he isn't homosexual when he doesn't understand the definition. Thats like saying I'm not stupid, but have no clue what stupid means. You can't do that O_o. And all you think its *just* about the sex, but in a marriage/long lasting relationship, there are emotional aspects too. Thats a problem with our society today it seems like, people concentrate on sex more then the importance of actually being compatible with a person. Thats why I feel that the whole wait for sex in marriage that the catholic church teaches is so important, because that means I can concentrate on the *person* not the sex.
Image
Thanks to Digital Chaos, GoldbergWWE, and ace for the avatar, sig, and badge!
http://devcast.dcemulation.com
Storminator16
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran
Posts: 850
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2003 11:12 am
Location: NC/Iraq
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Post by Storminator16 » Sun Sep 21, 2003 7:28 pm

jaredfogle wrote:My Uncle is gay. He is married to another gay man.

Me, my brother, and two of my cousins had a quite a lengthy discussion with them about sexuality. I think I have a good deal more insight on the matter than you or most peopel on this forum.
Touche, someone was honest ;)
Post Reply