Best CD Of 2003

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Luriden »

Tapew0rm wrote:
Kenichi wrote:I'm not just attacking 50 Cent in particular, I'm attacking rap. They get paid more than rockers and all they have to do is make words that rhyme about drugs and sex in their spare time
No band/musician get's paid that much unless they are huge. The vast majourity of their money comes from touring not from album sales or anything like that. Most rappers that you see that are sporting "bling-bling" are either broke or are borrowing all that bling bling -_-;
Kenichi wrote:find someone to make a beat, memorize the words and go on stage and say them. No talent required. Rock bands (with some exceptions) are more complex. Notice I said WITH SOME EXCEPTIONS.
find some people that can play their instruments, yell/sing out the lyrics requires so much talent -_-; Most rock bands are using simple ass beats and chords...you can learn most of it within a day.

Anyways... as for albums I've heard this year Zwan and Audioslave (i think it was released 2003 ) get my vote so far..
Oh, to hell with me then. Rappers still irritate me, thats my opinion, and I wish people wouldn't jump my case about it. I hate the way they dress, act, talk, all the slang is just stupid to me. The "Gangstas". I see enough of them at school thank you, and they're all idiots.

And Audioslave came out last year, I believe. Doesn't matter though.
Brak
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Brak »

Alienating Our Audience by Mindless Self Indulgence is awsome. Even though Frankenstein Girls Will Seem Strangely Sexy was one of their better cd's, it didn't come out this year I don't think..... I might have to look that date up. But AOA was defenitaly better than most of the crap I saw coming this year.
Brak
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Brak »

[quote="DetunedRadio"]Red Hot Chilli Pepper's stuff is much better now o_O[/quote]

Their new cd is CRAP! I'm a huge fan of their old stuff and I was almost sick when I heard By The Way. If you want some good RHCP, go get What Hit's, and One Hot Minute.
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter

Post by atf487 »

I hate old RHCP. I guess I'm odd like that, but I find the new stuff much more fun to listen too.

Oh, and the Mars Volta CD will be GREAT! (it's leaked btw) It has omar and the singer (forget his name) from At the Drive In, but I probably like this CD better. Kind of like ATDI, only a bit more experimental.
Tetris: 556-381-350-981
MKDS: 163-282-974-709
liltimmyw
Mother Trucker
Mother Trucker

Post by liltimmyw »

DetunedRadio wrote:I hate old RHCP. I guess I'm odd like that, but I find the new stuff much more fun to listen too.
ditto
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

Brak wrote:
DetunedRadio wrote:Red Hot Chilli Pepper's stuff is much better now o_O
Their new cd is CRAP! I'm a huge fan of their old stuff and I was almost sick when I heard By The Way. If you want some good RHCP, go get What Hit's, and One Hot Minute.
I wasn't crazy about By the Way when I first heard it, but it grew on me, and now I like it a lot. One Hot Minute is, by far, my least favorite Chili Peppers CD. It had a few good song on it, but it was just too dark IMO. Normaly I like when bands go in a darker direction, but I didn't feel it suited the Chili Peppers. Walkabout was a kick-ass song though :D
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Brak wrote:Alienating Our Audience by Mindless Self Indulgence is awsome. Even though Frankenstein Girls Will Seem Strangely Sexy was one of their better cd's, it didn't come out this year I don't think..... I might have to look that date up. But AOA was defenitaly better than most of the crap I saw coming this year.
Are they ever going to release a new album (that's not live)? FGWSSS is the most listened to album of all time in my collection. I was going to get AOA, but I don't like live tracks that well. Still, I'll probably get it just to have a new MSI fix, but they still need to release a new album.
liltimmyw
Mother Trucker
Mother Trucker

Post by liltimmyw »

Some other good albums I've heard that have came out recently are Weird Al's "Poodle Hat", Staind's "14 Shades of Grey" and Powerman 5000's "Transform."
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

As you can see from my first post, I wasn't exactly wild about the new Staind album. I changed my mind though, it's grown on me. I'm starting to appreciate the album for what it is. It's just completely different from anything they've ever done. I like it a lot now. I don't know if it's their best though..
liltimmyw
Mother Trucker
Mother Trucker

Post by liltimmyw »

Kenichi wrote:As you can see from my first post, I wasn't exactly wild about the new Staind album. I changed my mind though, it's grown on me. I'm starting to appreciate the album for what it is. It's just completely different from anything they've ever done. I like it a lot now. I don't know if it's their best though..
Heh
That's how I was with Staind. I didn't really like them at first, but they've grown onto me.
Tank-X
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Re: Best CD Of 2003

Post by Tank-X »

Kenichi wrote:So far I would say Cold - Year Of The Spider.
I wholeheartedly agree there. 'Change the World' rocks so very, very much.
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter

Post by atf487 »

I actually liked the new staind song o_O

Well, the acoustic riff anyway.
Tetris: 556-381-350-981
MKDS: 163-282-974-709
XPoGoX
XPoison FreeX
XPoison FreeX

Post by XPoGoX »

The Comeback Kid - Turn It Around
The only cd youll ever need.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

There's nothing wrong with the new Staind song Price To Play. The problem is it's the heaviest song on the CD. I've been a really big Staind fan since Mudshovel back in like 1998 or 1999 somewhere around that time, and if you compare their old music with their new stuff you can see they obviously went soft. But like I said, I like the new album now. Not gonna say it's better than their other 3 albums, but it grew on me.

And the new Cold cd is Godlike, yes. It's hard to play the cd just to listen to one song, every song on the cd is awesome. My favorites are Rain Song, Change The World, Black Sunday, and Gone Away (the bonus track, I've been a fan of this song way before the cd came out, it was on MTV Tough Enough 2 Soundtrack).
liltimmyw
Mother Trucker
Mother Trucker

Post by liltimmyw »

Radiohead's new album "Hail to the Thief" offically released yesterday and I'm listening to it now. I'm on track 4 "Backdrifts" now and so far so good. :)
Safety in Nimbus
Revenge Therapist
Revenge Therapist

Post by Safety in Nimbus »

Vlad Tepes wrote:
Brak wrote:
DetunedRadio wrote:Red Hot Chilli Pepper's stuff is much better now o_O
I wasn't crazy about By the Way when I first heard it, but it grew on me, and now I like it a lot. One Hot Minute is, by far, my least favorite Chili Peppers CD. It had a few good song on it, but it was just too dark IMO. Normaly I like when bands go in a darker direction, but I didn't feel it suited the Chili Peppers. Walkabout was a kick-ass song though :D
I despised OHM. The only good song in my opinion is "Pea" which sadly is just an eh song \=

I still think BSSM is their best but eh...
Dr. Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

My favourite CD of 2k3 so far is Dandy Warhols - Welcome To The Monkey House.
Nintenter
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Nintenter »

well ive listened to the new Staind cd ands its ok. nothing will top there "Break the cycle" cd though

i bought the new Revis cd and its awesome.

as for RHCP, they started going downhill after "Californication" which was an awesome song btw.
FETUS
Knight of Null
Knight of Null

Post by FETUS »

hands down dave brockie experience-songs for the wrong
that_guy
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by that_guy »

No offense to everyone, but my 3-CD set I made of Pink Floyd entitled: A Window to the World, kicks major asphalt. Unfortunantley, none of yall have heard it. HA. Now for anyone who says Floyd sucks, YOU SUCK.