THE MORROWIND THREAD

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

THE MORROWIND THREAD

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

If you haven't played this, DO SO NOW. This game is amazing. A world rivaling that of Everquest.. Omg, If this game was Online it would kick EQ's ASS. It almost feels more of an online world than EQ did.. But it isn't online...

The game is so non-linear it's breath taking. I've never felt so much freedom in a video game (Yes more freedom than Vice City). You can do *anything*. Need a house to sleep in? Sneak into someone's home late at night and murder the bastard. Need some quick cash? Try pickpocketing, or better yet, Stealing from homes and shops. Need to be a part of something? Join a guild, or maybe the army.

I've acquired this spell Moonshadow which grants you invisibility for 60 seconds... *great* for clearing out an entire shop of 2000g+ items.

This may be the best RPG I've played.
Last edited by Jeeba Jabba on Fri Jun 06, 2003 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Safety in Nimbus
Revenge Therapist
Revenge Therapist

Post by Safety in Nimbus »

I love the game, I couldn't stand playing it on the Xbox so I bought it for the PC and well...I killed a lot of time and having so much fun roaming around w/ my character. The only downfall is that it's TOO non linear...I clocked in prolly about 20+ hours and only did one small part for the actual story but other than that it's excellent. Make sure you get some character skins though since the ones supplied are ugly
-Azathoth-
Jounin Shinobi
Jounin Shinobi

Post by -Azathoth- »

I'm rather enjoying the Xbox version... :P

But, I'm at a loss as to where the actual story begins...:dontknow:

I've been following this particular gamefaqs guide and so far, i've snuffed out that Nerano guy and taken his house for myself. :mrgreen: fortunately for me, the faction that we both belong to hasnt noticed his absence, and there isnt a bounty on my head for killing him. :D

Still though, as non-linear as it is, without some direction (or a peek at a guide) I might not ever finish the main quest. maybe in a few months...
"Deviantart is the home of messed up emo kids"
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Actually, that's the main criticism people have of this game - it's too open, and there's no direction to the game at all.

That, and the PC version eats memory and system resources like crazy. If this thing runs on an Xbox with 64MB of RAM, there is no way that a PC with 256MB RAM and a 64MB graphics card should ever run out of RAM... but it does!
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Can I have yours Jeeba?
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

I play it on the Xbox.

My first impressions were that it was too non-linear... But once you begin to appreciate the feeling it gives you that this is nearly a second life... It's bliss.

I'm not too far in, But I get the jist that if you follow from client to client, and get involved with your guild.. the overall story unfolds. I think the way it is very non-linear is perfect for the genre. A huge world, Endless amount of areas.. Goodies.. I mean, the world and landscape is so deep.. I just.. Blagh, information overflow. I have no complaints.

For those of you who read this and decide to try it out, Remember: Your patience and focus are greatly rewarded.

Anywya... Way too much talking about it.. I must go play...(I wanna find Fargoth's loot :D )
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Veggita2099 wrote:Can I have yours Jeeba?

It's only $20 now. Go buy it. :)
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Id still just assume steal yours though.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

BlackAura wrote:Actually, that's the main criticism people have of this game - it's too open, and there's no direction to the game at all.
That's the beauty of it... Pure realism, basic necessities.. surrounded by an overall scheme/story.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

That is my main complaint about the newer GTA games is the freedom was taken away by forceing you to complete those missions to progress through the game.

Sounds like something I am gonna have to get. I like $20 games.
sixteen-bit
Hardware Freak
Hardware Freak

Post by sixteen-bit »

Ah, I think I need to get back into this game.
I took the path of building a strong and agile Knight character. I can run in, murder everyone and be back out again before the law even see me.
I also have this habbit of relieving people of their moveable possesions, though mostly candles and torches because that makes my stolen pawn sho... errr, house in Balmora look better. :P

edit:
seems like I may have some competition....
area
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by area »

I got it, and couldn't get into it. Then, hearing everyone rave about it, I tried again. And I still couldn't get into it. I don't really like the non-linearness - as Blackaura said, its too non-linear. I much prefer Neverwinter Nights, for example. I may, however, try it again to see if something has changed (especially with iRO going P2P)
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

Theres a GOTY version comming out on Xbox soon which has the PC Expansions on it. I got the Xbox version, aint played it in ages though, it kinda started to bore me...
liltimmyw
Mother Trucker
Mother Trucker

Post by liltimmyw »

sixteen-bit wrote: edit:
seems like I may have some competition....

:lol:
niiiiiiiiice
Narcissus
TAFKA Token99
TAFKA Token99

Post by Narcissus »

Yes, I have used 3 months of my life on this game, and I could keep playing, but I'm really busy and don't have time.

Jeeba - A little hint. If you find a good dungeon where there's good monsters with good loot, just kill them all, destroy their bodies and go back in, and *poof* they're there, and you can kill them again and get all good loot again. :D
The only limitations we have, are the ones we set for ourselves...
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Narcissus wrote:Yes, I have used 3 months of my life on this game, and I could keep playing, but I'm really busy and don't have time.

Jeeba - A little hint. If you find a good dungeon where there's good monsters with good loot, just kill them all, destroy their bodies and go back in, and *poof* they're there, and you can kill them again and get all good loot again. :D
How do I destroy bodies? (I'd like to get rid of the people I've killed in Balmora.. pawnshop owner, the outfitter. ;) )
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

sixteen-bit wrote:Ah, I think I need to get back into this game.
I took the path of building a strong and agile Knight character. I can run in, murder everyone and be back out again before the law even see me.
I have a Khajiit that specializes in Alchemy... When I played the game when it first came out, I had a Barb that was a warrior... i didn't like that too much.

The coolest thing is making your own spells... And being able to name them ... The Touch of the Jeeba, Whoagey Plague, etc... :twisted:
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Hollywood Hasney wrote:Yes, this is a very nice PC game... the rental on the XBox made me buy it for PC :D

I wanna play the Castlevania mod :|
zickfun
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by zickfun »

morrowind has mod's might give me a reason to get it back from my cousin...
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Ah yes... Mods.

My brother made an "extra jump power" ring once. I think it was a little too powerful though, because you jump, and keep going, and almost always end up landing in the water somewhere on the other side of the world.