mesh backpacks

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Jaded JAaron77
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

mesh backpacks

Post by Jaded JAaron77 »

does anyone else's school make you have clear or mesh backpacks?

since you cant find them anywhere within 5 states of where I live, and my mesh bad is busted, I got a non-mesh bag and carried it for 2 weeks with no trouble, but last friday the principal snuck up behind me and made me take it to his office (I didn't even know where his office was) I still carry the thing, its all I have...the thing that gets me is, everybody must have mesh backpacks, but the atheletics, drill team, colour guard, and cheerleaders all have these huge black bags they use....and they're not mesh (if they were, people would complain because the keep....private...stuff in those bags...grrr...it really frustrates me....and to make it even worse, if anyone from any other group @ my school were to have a nonmesh backpack, none of the principals would ever say anything to them....grrr......*vents* :evil: :evil: :evil:
Last edited by Jaded JAaron77 on Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
this is my signature
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

That sucks dude. We just use normal backpacks.
It's thinking...
No Name
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by No Name »

I may ink it later. The mesh-ness of the backpacks would be a bit of a pain.
mmm.... n00b blood
Jaded JAaron77
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Jaded JAaron77 »

I may ink it later. The mesh-ness of the backpacks would be a bit of a pain.
yea, I have to have it by Monday...I may just turn it in as it is....
this is my signature
Tank-X
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Tank-X »

I don't even carry a backpack anymore...come to think of it I don't even carry a notebook very often anymore (usually just my gameboy in my pocket and/or a book)
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

I usually carry my laptop around in this book-bag I got at Staples. It's got a special case for a laptop, a pocket for CDs, a pocket for a cell phone, four pen holders. Then you can zip that whole thing down and there's another CD pocket and a couple pockets for floppies (Those are mesh by the way. :P). In the back, there's an area with dividers for and stuff.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

I've heard a lot of things about paranoid schools in the US (because apparently those gun-control laws aren't working as well as everyone says they are) - I've got a Physics teacher who said that when he was working in the US, you couldn't take any backpacks into lesson incase you've got a gun with you, and have to dump all your crap in a locker and take it into class from there. Of course, if you've got a gun that isn't a two-foot long sniper rifle or automatic shotgun, then you could just put it up your jumper :roll:.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

az_bont wrote:I've heard a lot of things about paranoid schools in the US (because apparently those gun-control laws aren't working as well as everyone says they are) - I've got a Physics teacher who said that when he was working in the US, you couldn't take any backpacks into lesson incase you've got a gun with you, and have to dump all your crap in a locker and take it into class from there. Of course, if you've got a gun that isn't a two-foot long sniper rifle or automatic shotgun, then you could just put it up your jumper :roll:.
I don't want to get in a euro vs. US fight, but gun control laws aren't killing everyone. I have no fear that anything would happen to me. Schools are really on the lookout for suspicious stuff anywhere from suicide to guns. Me and a friend wrote some crap on our other friend's notebook, I wrote something joking about homosexuality, and my friend wrote something about suicide. It wasn't anything along the lines of "I'm going to kill myself" or anything, it was "How to kill yourself" (He wrote that because the notebook was a phys ed notebook with "how to play badminton, rugby, etc."). Guess what? My mother and his mother have to come to school with us Monday so we can talk about suicide. And it was a freakin joke.
It's thinking...
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

mesh backpacks? lol

I've never even heard of this craziness in the UK. But then again, we dont bring guns to school.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

What's next? Mandatory strip-searches in case you're trying to smuggle crack into the classrooms? :P
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

Probably.
School administration is screwed. They are reactionary to a fault.
No signature.
Firthy2002
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Firthy2002 »

What's a mesh backpack?
"The video game market is troubled..." - |darc|
---
My LiveJournal
---
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

Darc - in 8th grade I wrote a bunch of red alert stuff on my friends binder and the principle found it and made me come in and describe these "communist" symbols and to see if I really understood them :roll:

as for the bookbag thing.. fuck bookbags. I stopped carrying one. Only thing I bring to school anymore is my planner so I can leave class.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

my school might make us use those next year... i hope not, and if they do im' not gonna use em.

They say it's not because of weapons, but because of drugs..
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

404NotFound wrote:my school might make us use those next year... i hope not, and if they do im' not gonna use em.

That's stupid - I know people who have quite easily walked out of supermarkets with a complete yard of chocolate down they're trousers, so I'd hate to think how much pot you could secrete about your person :).
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

az_bont wrote:
404NotFound wrote:my school might make us use those next year... i hope not, and if they do im' not gonna use em.

That's stupid - I know people who have quite easily walked out of supermarkets with a complete yard of chocolate down they're trousers, so I'd hate to think how much pot you could secrete about your person :).
I never said our school wasn't crazy..
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Here, do they let you out of school at lunchtimes to go and eat in the town in American schools? Something I've always wondered - I could never survive without my hour-long escape every dinner time, partly because I'd go completely stir-crazy, but also because of the crappy food in our canteen (and Sweaty Betty, who sweats in the beans).
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

Not in our school.... anyone leaving the school durring the day would probably be shot...
Jaded JAaron77
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Jaded JAaron77 »

I would use my locker, but its so out of the way, I can't...heck, I don't even know its combination anymore....

We get to pick our lockers and I picked mine in the hall I'm in the most, when I used it in the begining of the year, I was late to almost all of my classes...
What's a mesh backpack?
a mesh backpack is a piece of crap that no stores carry anymore and if they do, they charge $50 and up for them, and they tear up in about 3 months :roll: ..they are the worst backpacks, the put all the weight of you books on your neck and upper back (and with all the crap we have to have for all our classes, thats a big problem (some people have wieghed their backpacks and they weighed more than 45 pounds....all on your upper pack...that bad :o )) (I got a regular bag for $10 and it puts the weight on my lower back, much better) oh yea, the mesh bags are made of this mesh stuff, it has all these little diamond shaped holes in it.....
this is my signature
Jaded JAaron77
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Jaded JAaron77 »

az_bont wrote:Here, do they let you out of school at lunchtimes to go and eat in the town in American schools? Something I've always wondered - I could never survive without my hour-long escape every dinner time, partly because I'd go completely stir-crazy, but also because of the crappy food in our canteen (and Sweaty Betty, who sweats in the beans).
nope, we're closed campus, and our school food is really bad, no matter what my mom says (my mom works as a baker in my school cafeteria (hey, it does have its advantages))
this is my signature