OMFGWTF - Avril Lavigne is singing a Metallica song

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
liltimmyw
Mother Trucker
Mother Trucker
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by liltimmyw »

I think the best cover was suprisingly Limp Bizkit's cover of "Sanitarium."
jared1619
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by jared1619 »

It would have been a lot better if they had the lead guitar part and not have the dj play the solo for it.
liltimmyw
Mother Trucker
Mother Trucker

Post by liltimmyw »

jared1619 wrote:
It would have been a lot better if they had the lead guitar part and not have the dj play the solo for it.
I liked that part. It made it a bit different. And I don't think that their gutarist is as good as Kirk.
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

liltimmyw wrote:I think the best cover was suprisingly Limp Bizkit's cover of "Sanitarium."
Nah. The best was Aaron Lewis singing Nothing Else Matters
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

I miss Staind's part, I came in right before Avril sang. Avril Lavigne wasnt nearly as bad as you guys are stating. Snoop Dogg was so terrible. I was about to turn it off, but luckily he didn't perform the whole song. Rap sucks in my opinion and they should never try to bring rap into a Metallica song. Limp Bizkit would have done a good job if Fred paid the DJ to go out and drink all night and not even bother showing up. KoRn did the best cover imo.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

toastman wrote:Kinda OT, but Johnny Cash's cover of Rusty Cage is awesome.
LOL... I remember when my brother found that
I gonna.... I gonna.... I gonna break my rusty cage
Tank-X
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Tank-X »

Kenichi wrote:Avril Lavigne wasnt nearly as bad as you guys are stating. Snoop Dogg was so terrible. I was about to turn it off, but luckily he didn't perform the whole song. Rap sucks in my opinion and they should never try to bring rap into a Metallica song.
Exactly. Snoop Dogg was the most horrid thing I've ever heard. And my only complaint over Fuel was Avril's voice....the band did an awesome job, but her voice seemed to lack the intensity the song requires.

My fave cover was Limp Bizkit - Sanitarium though; he took it and tweaked with it a bit to keep it almost the same as the original, but not quite.
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

Being that Avril is a country singer, she should stick to that. I don't buy Metallica stuff anymore though because what they effectively tried to do was to stop a great way of unsigned bands distributing thier material worldwide. They don't seem to remember when they sat in thier garages making music, doing gigs at crummy clubs, fitting it all round thier part time jobs etc and that is sad really.

I hope they choke on thier millions of dollars.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

CoasterKing wrote:Being that Avril is a country singer, she should stick to that.
Avril is country? lol! Oh well, her music is as bad as country, no, worse than country music.
liltimmyw
Mother Trucker
Mother Trucker

Post by liltimmyw »

CoasterKing wrote:Being that Avril is a country singer, she should stick to that. I don't buy Metallica stuff anymore though because what they effectively tried to do was to stop a great way of unsigned bands distributing thier material worldwide. They don't seem to remember when they sat in thier garages making music, doing gigs at crummy clubs, fitting it all round thier part time jobs etc and that is sad really.

She isn't country, she is Pop Rock.
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

liltimmyw wrote:
CoasterKing wrote:Being that Avril is a country singer, she should stick to that. I don't buy Metallica stuff anymore though because what they effectively tried to do was to stop a great way of unsigned bands distributing thier material worldwide. They don't seem to remember when they sat in thier garages making music, doing gigs at crummy clubs, fitting it all round thier part time jobs etc and that is sad really.

Aye, I'm not talking about now genius :wink:

Story
She segued from her bedroom to singing, well, whenever and wherever she could-starting in church singing gospel music, and on to festivals, then singing country music at fairs and talent contests-until she was discovered by Arista Records
No different to any other manufactured pop act really.
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

CoasterKing wrote:
liltimmyw wrote:

Aye, I'm not talking about now genius :wink:

Story
She segued from her bedroom to singing, well, whenever and wherever she could-starting in church singing gospel music, and on to festivals, then singing country music at fairs and talent contests-until she was discovered by Arista Records
No different to any other manufactured pop act really.
That artice seems very biased to me.
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

perry2175 wrote: That artice seems very biased to me.
It probably is. It was just the first thing I found on google. I was just using it to explain why I called her country.