I'm thinking of getting a sega saturn...does netlink games s

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
dcxbox
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

I'm thinking of getting a sega saturn...does netlink games still work.

Post by dcxbox »

i 'm thinking about buying a sega saturn for me and a few for some of my friends and some netlinks too....i just want to know can you still play the saturn netlink games online.or was it like the dreamcast with a main server and since they don't support the saturn you can't play...also I have a 56k internet and i wanna know if i could uses my isp since its 56k on the saturn cause it has a 33.6k modem i think......

and i know that its the saturn and they don't have a lot of onling games and its not that popular but i just want to play with my friends.

thanks for all your help.......
I@N
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by I@N »

I'm not sure, but i think the Saturn netlink didn't use the internet at all. It simply dialled the telephone number of your friend and made a direct connection that way.

If this is correct (which I am fairly sure it is), then you will still be able to use the facility.

I hope this helps :)
Drink your weak lemon drink now!
dreamcaster1
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by dreamcaster1 »

the netlink modem played games via direct dial i think duke nukem could be played online and maybe daytona cce finding the modem is probally going to be hard i have been looking for a while they are hard as hell to get just like the 5 inch saturn lcd screen i cant find that anywhere it was released in japan only and the japs are not giving them up i guess
dcxbox
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by dcxbox »

oh i found the sega netlink its $18 and the saturn is 25