Mr Bean Talks About Gun Control...

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Mr Bean Talks About Gun Control...

Post by az_bont »

Well, sort of. This is a three-minute clip taken from Thin Blue Line, a British comedy starring Rowan Atkinson as an inspector in the Police Force. He raises some good points too.

Download Video Clip (600KB)
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
-Azathoth-
Jounin Shinobi
Jounin Shinobi

Post by -Azathoth- »

bow and arrow, so true :lol:
"Deviantart is the home of messed up emo kids"
TreyDay
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by TreyDay »

Is it suppose to be that boring? :|
Seriously.
You don't work, you don't eat.
You don't grind, you shine.
-Mike Jones

281-330-8004, when someone picks up, ask for Mike Jones!

"It's [TreyDay] baby, I'm stackin my cheddar/plus I'm packin mo' heat than a Bill Cosby sweater"
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

TreyDay wrote:Is it suppose to be that boring? :|
Seriously.
How come you didn't like it - I thought it was brilliant :D ! You're not a real pro-gunner are you?
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
TreyDay
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by TreyDay »

He had outrageous examples like killing an elk with a missle. Not many good points except someone that doesn't want to live by someone with a gun, but why wouldn't neighbors want to live by a person with a gun. Unless you were in an apartment building or something like that.
-Mike Jones

"It's [TreyDay] baby, I'm stackin my cheddar/plus I'm packin mo' heat than a Bill Cosby sweater"
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

TreyDay wrote:He had outrageous examples like killing an elk with a missle. Not many good points except someone that doesn't want to live by someone with a gun, but why wouldn't neighbors want to live by a person with a gun. Unless you were in an apartment building or something like that.
He refers to a bullet as an "elk-seeking missile" because he's pretty much telling the truth. Compared with the true sport of hunting down an animal with your bare hands, it is like using something that automatically locks onto the animal and kills it - you point and pull, no sport in that.

And I sure as hell wouldn't want to live near anybody with a gun.
TreyDay
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by TreyDay »

It might be easier, but deer aren't stupid. People, for the most part, aren't stupid. When deer hear something in the woods nowadays they run. The minute people try to pull that bow they'll run. Next thing you know, people will be against using fishing rods. There's no sport in that. You put food in the lake and wait for a fish to bite it. Why not catch it with your hands?

Why wouldn't you want to live next to someone with a gun?
-Mike Jones

az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

TreyDay wrote:It might be easier, but deer aren't stupid. People, for the most part, aren't stupid. When deer hear something in the woods nowadays they run. The minute people try to pull that bow they'll run. Next thing you know, people will be against using fishing rods. There's no sport in that. You put food in the lake and wait for a fish to bite it. Why not catch it with your hands?

Why wouldn't you want to live next to someone with a gun?
Fishing is a bit of a stupid sport for the very reason you mentioned, and it is for the same reason that I believe hunting to be a stupid "sport". Despite the fact that a deer could run from a gun, the odds are heavily balanced towards you. If you stuck some antlers to your head and went after him, it would then be a fair battle.

And I wouldn't want to live nextdoor to somebody with a gun because I wouldn't trust a man to safely keep a gun. And that would lead to ask myself, "Why would he have a gun?"
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

He refers to a bullet as an "elk-seeking missile" because he's pretty much telling the truth. Compared with the true sport of hunting down an animal with your bare hands, it is like using something that automatically locks onto the animal and kills it - you point and pull, no sport in that.

And I sure as hell wouldn't want to live near anybody with a gun.
Wow, Mr. Bean. Awesome.

Hey Az, have you ever so much as BEEN hunting? Or shot a gun? Or lived in an area with responsible gun users?

And Az, stay in Britain if you don't like guns. Here in Colorado, we're still trying to get a Texan and Californian season opened, or at least build some big walls to keep them out. The last thing we need is a bunch of liberal foreiners.
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

"Why would he have a gun?"
In case someone should come bursting into his house at 3 in the morning demanding his hard earned goods. Or, better yet, if he just enjoyed the sport of shooting.
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

fatheadpi wrote:Hey Az, have you ever so much as BEEN hunting? Or shot a gun? Or lived in an area with responsible gun users?
I haven't been hunting before, but have had many a conversation with an experienced hunter. I happen to live just down the road from him, and I know another just a few minutes away, and neither are very responsible. One is a farmer who shot a cat because it was "trespassing on his property", and the other tried to kill his father with a shotgun because he didn't stop his mother from having a heart attack.

I'm not saying there aren't responsible gun owners out there, nor am I saying that you aren't one - I just feel that the dangers of guns are too high for their "benefits". Of course, you're stuck with guns in America, so it actually seems more sane to own one to fight off all the gun-toting maniacs.

In Britain however, I feel a lot more safe knowing that (almost) nobody is armed, than to know that in America everybody is, and the only thing protecting myself is my gun.
TreyDay
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by TreyDay »

az_bont wrote:And I wouldn't want to live nextdoor to somebody with a gun because I wouldn't trust a man to safely keep a gun. And that would lead to ask myself, "Why would he have a gun?"
Do you think he has a gun to kill you? If he wanted to kill you and he lived next door, he could just burn your house down. Plus, he probably knows your daily routine and could rob you blind while your gone. Since he lives next door, it would be real easy to watch you house activities and go in when your gone. If the man has a gun next door, it doesn't matter much. Plus, if he has a gun, he has a permit. If he has a permit, then he more than likely has a permit. If he doesn't have a permit, then he knows how to handle a gun.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

fatheadpi wrote:
"Why would he have a gun?"
In case someone should come bursting into his house at 3 in the morning demanding his hard earned goods. Or, better yet, if he just enjoyed the sport of shooting.
Due to the fact that there are no guns available for the general public in Britain, robbers are never armed. They rarely bother to carry a torch. My uncle has experienced an encounter with burglars before. This is a man who uses an oxygen tank, and even he managed to scare them away just by them seeing him.

There are occasional chances when it can turn nasty, but these number a lot less than the number of wrongful shootings in America. In New York, there are an estimated 20,000 armed roberies a year, compared to one a month in London. Now, I know New York is big, but it's not THAT big.
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

Meh. Keep everything the way it is now. People don't like change, I don't like change. People die on purpose, they die by accident... heck Hospitals have more accidental deaths than there are accidental shootings.
TreyDay
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by TreyDay »

az_bont wrote:Due to the fact that there are no guns available for the general public in Britain, robbers are never armed. They rarely bother to carry a torch. My uncle has experienced an encounter with burglars before. This is a man who uses an oxygen tank, and even he managed to scare them away just by them seeing him.
The robbers have guns, but the general public doesn't. If a crook got a gun in Britain, he would have too much power because he knows most of the people there don't have guns.
BornStupid
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by BornStupid »

The robbers have guns, but the general public doesn't. If a crook got a gun in Britain, he would have too much power because he knows most of the people there don't have guns.
Ah yea, but it's much harder for a crook to get a gun over there. Me, I can buy a glock with ammunition for $100 CDN, grenades, AK's, all easily (not that I do or think about it.. so no popes at my door please :P). But it's all so readily accessible... people deal the $hit in my school. I'm not afraid of guns, and I don't want one.. I can get mad easy, and it's not worth it unless it's major $hit. So my point is, guns are TOO easy to get, when there's a fight a bunch of people bring them, so you see the problem. Guns can not and will not be controlled in North America, there's too many already out there.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Generally, it's only the really, really serious criminals that have guns in the UK, because they aren't at all easy to get hold of. If you're up against one of those guys, you wouldn't stand a chance even if your were armed. And guys like that generally don't go around robbing houses for a living, so most people would never run into them.
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

TreyDay wrote:If he has a permit, then he more than likely has a permit. If he doesn't have a permit, then he knows how to handle a gun.
:lol: :lol: LMAO!!! :lol: :lol:
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

Meh. Keep everything the way it is now. People don't like change, I don't like change. People die on purpose, they die by accident... heck Hospitals have more accidental deaths than there are accidental shootings.
Sadly, this is true. Hospitals are the number one killer / wounder in America.
Ah yea, but it's much harder for a crook to get a gun over there. Me, I can buy a glock with ammunition for $100 CDN, grenades, AK's, all easily (not that I do or think about it.. so no popes at my door please ). But it's all so readily accessible... people deal the $hit in my school. I'm not afraid of guns, and I don't want one.. I can get mad easy, and it's not worth it unless it's major $hit. So my point is, guns are TOO easy to get, when there's a fight a bunch of people bring them, so you see the problem.
I can get that in CO too. I love revolutionists! The whole gunfight problem is that nobody has a sense of honor about fighting anymore. Time was, if two men wanted to fight, they put up their fists and went at it. Now you have these pussy-ass vato gangbangers who can't hold their own, so they pack heat. Guns don't scare me in the least. In a gunfight, I knwo I could hold my own. Hell, unless a sniper was after me, I honestly think I could hold my own without a gun (we're assuming the other guy is armed) Still, I pity the fool that busts my door down and doesn't have a warrant.
Guns can not and will not be controlled in North America, there's too many already out there.
See, liberals don't quite grasp that concept, and keep trying to stick it to all the gun owners. Criminals in the US always will have guns. Hell, so will I, but that's another story. Even if guns are banned, most law abiding folk will continue to have guns.
There are occasional chances when it can turn nasty, but these number a lot less than the number of wrongful shootings in America. In New York, there are an estimated 20,000 armed roberies a year, compared to one a month in London. Now, I know New York is big, but it's not THAT big.
Compare the cultures, Az. Look at all the trash that lives in New York. Look at American Liberals refusing to punish hardened criminals. Wasn't it you that told me in the Uk, getting busted for armed robbery was like 10 years minimum? Over here, if someone broke into the White House, they'd be out on parole in six months.
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

I haven't been hunting before, but have had many a conversation with an experienced hunter. I happen to live just down the road from him, and I know another just a few minutes away, and neither are very responsible. One is a farmer who shot a cat because it was "trespassing on his property", and the other tried to kill his father with a shotgun because he didn't stop his mother from having a heart attack.
Ever so much as shot a gun?

Farmer number one has a point. I shoot and trap strays all the time, dogs and cats. They go after my chickens, crap in my yard, and piss on my door step. If you buy an animal, it MUST stay on your own property. I live in a semi-rural area where people let their dogs run loose. Rather than sue the owners when their dogs get into my yard or come after me, I usually trap the little bastards and take them to the pound. If I keep catching them, then they go on a road trip. One of the neighbor's dogs made the mistake of attacking my rabbit one day. If you shoot them while they're after your livestock, the Animal Catcher actually tells you good job.