Ephemeral Fantasia

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Ephemeral Fantasia

Post by Veggita2099 »

I am usually pretty found of RPG games, but Ephermeral Fantasia on PS2 doesn't seem to great. I would have really expected better out of Konami. Graphics wise its about like Grandia 2, in fact I don't know if its even that good. Gameplay it seemed to start out ok, but then I find out you have to play songs all through the game. Basically its a stupid mini game that you have to push in weird configurations in order to play. Do it wrong and you don't play the song right. Maybe this isn't needed to progress through the game, but its enough to scare me away from it. Anybody know if you HAVE to later on in the game play these songs correctly to progress? The first song I played wrong BIG time since I had no f*cking idea how to do it until the song was over. It let me go on but I didn't get as much money or something.

If I have to play the songs right later on Id just assume E-bay this game off and not waste my time with it.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Doesn't anybody know anything about this? Maybe nobody saw my Question.

Do you have to play Songs throughout the game in order to progress, or is it just a optional Mini Game?
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Chaniyth
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Chaniyth »

I've never heard of this game.
All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and when they catch you, they will kill you... but first they must catch you.
Cless
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Cless »

Yes, you have to play song through out the game but, I cant remember any of them being important. I liked the game. You can so easly tell it was DC game that was rushed to PS2 tho.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

LOL well I think this sums it up:

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/163/163594p2.html

4.1 rateing... Oh well I just gave a couple of crappy DC games for it (Sould Reaver and Tomb Raider TLR).
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Cless wrote:Yes, you have to play song through out the game but, I cant remember any of them being important. I liked the game. You can so easly tell it was DC game that was rushed to PS2 tho.
When you say not important does that mean if you can't do it for nothing you can still progress through the game?

Yea even IGN said it was either a DC or N64 game when it first started. Id say DC it looks better then N64 I think.
Chaniyth
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Chaniyth »

Soul Reaver and Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation for Dreamcast are far from crappy. :?
All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and when they catch you, they will kill you... but first they must catch you.
Skater_dusto
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Skater_dusto »

Yeah, when I first heard about the game I got all stoked. Mostly because of the name, and because it was to be developed by Konami..

Well I bought a ps2, received one for Christmas actually, and I'll tell you that I'll never touch that game. The reviews for the game shocked me! Then I saw some screenshots and damn, they just do nothing for me. I don't know what the heck happened. The game sounded pretty cool but I guess they couldn't pull it off. :cry:
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

kubyx wrote:Soul Reaver and Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation for Dreamcast are far from crappy. :?
Sould Reaver is to morbid and weird. The whole way the game is layed out I hated (hard to center in on enemies, have to burn them to kill them, touch water and your going back to underworld, etc etc).

Your the First person I seen who actually said something GOOD about The Last REvelation, or any Tomb Raider game for that matter.