best psx to have?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
BornStupid
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by BornStupid » Mon Feb 10, 2003 5:48 pm

BTW, using my nick and saying it's so true isn't all that clever... you could pretty much use that on anyone that you'd like to insult.
mabartsabay
Lord of Chivalry
Lord of Chivalry

Post by mabartsabay » Mon Feb 10, 2003 6:03 pm

Well, I like the portable kind.
BornStupid
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by BornStupid » Mon Feb 10, 2003 6:44 pm

Well, I like the portable kind.
Agreed, get the small one, maybe one day you'll get the LCD screen and all will be good. The internal chips are cheap, and you can install it, just practise your soldering on a toaster or something, almost anyone can do it (Stealth=best).
Full-Bodied
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Full-Bodied » Mon Feb 10, 2003 7:33 pm

kubyx wrote:I'd say the first generation modles. The ones with the A/V jacks in the back. I hear they can play imprts and copies without a modchip? I could be wrong too.

But the A/V jacks in the back is just simply a good idea. :D
yeah... I have a first gen psx... made 10 bucks betting some sucker that it actually had composite jacks on the back :lol: :lol:
Sir Slash

Post by Sir Slash » Mon Feb 10, 2003 9:06 pm

well i can soder, i've soldered a ps2 for that matter... but i was just curious which had the best CD reading lens... cause i heard a certain one reads cdrs well
WELCO
ME
TOT
HE
NEX
T
LEVEL

Cless
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Cless » Mon Feb 10, 2003 9:15 pm

Sir Slash wrote:well i can soder, i've soldered a ps2 for that matter... but i was just curious which had the best CD reading lens... cause i heard a certain one reads cdrs well
Japanese First release, v4's can read dvdrw's and I think v7 or something is good.
Sir Slash

Post by Sir Slash » Mon Feb 10, 2003 9:45 pm

i still was refering to psx, but people were talking about soldering which is easy
WELCO
ME
TOT
HE
NEX
T
LEVEL

Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc » Tue Feb 11, 2003 3:11 am

The first PAL models could boot Imports/backups without a modchip, and I'm guessing it would have been the same on the NTSC consoles...all you had to do, was start the PSX up with no game in, go to the audio cd option on the main menu, stick a PSX original into the drive, get something to hold that button in the back (I blu-tacked it in), wait for the cd to spin, and once it stops, stick your import/backup in, and exit the cd audio menu and it would load the import/backup.

Hehe, I renember doing it around my friends...