Question about Final Fantasy 7's ending

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Question about Final Fantasy 7's ending

Post by Veggita2099 » Sun Feb 09, 2003 9:14 am

Just curious but what actually happened at the end of FF7? Oh and if you have not beat this game don't read on.

I mean it shows you save the world from sephoroth. Then it shows how Holy heals the planet. Then it just shows 500 years later and you can see red's race looking at the remains of Midgar (which is in ruins). So did Holy wipe out the entire Human race from the planet cause they hurt the planet? Or is it meant to be left open so you have no idea what happened?
ninja
DCEmu's own ninja
DCEmu's own ninja

Post by ninja » Sun Feb 09, 2003 9:21 am

I believe it was meant to be left open. Cause they could also come back and play that as if holy healed the planet, but the humans were still corrupt and thats why midgar is in ruins, or they could say that by holy healing the planet, that meant the extinction of the human race. Or it could be something along the lines of a great war, bah, who knows....
Delete my posting account.

Thanks.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura » Sun Feb 09, 2003 9:41 am

As far as I understand it, here's what happens. This is from memory, and the last time I saw this was about two years ago.
  • Final battle with Sephiroth: you all defeat Bizarro Sephiroth, Cloud's party defeats the angel form of Sephiroth, Cloud's spirit defeats Sephiroth's (or something like that). Sephiroth is now gone.

The place starts to collapse.

You run for your lives in the Highwind, and just escape. At least, some of the Highwind escapes.

You go to Midgar.

Tornadoes are ripping through the city, presumably caused be the Meteor. Maybe it's gravitational distortions, some kind of evil field doing it's work, but Midgar is getting trashed.

Holy is released, and tries to stop the meteor. It's not working. The meteor is overpowering Holy.

The lifestream emerges, and assists Holy, and the meteor is repelled, or destroyed, or whatever it was. Yay! The world is saved!

The credits roll for a long, long time.

500 years later...

Red 13's species seems to be making a comeback. A family of them run across the land, and up to a cliff, and look down at Midgar.

Midgar is a wreck. Presumably it was never rebuilt after it was badly damaged by the meteor, so it was abandoned. Presumably that means that the humans have abandoned it, Shinra, using the mako energy, killing the planet and being evil. Maybe.

The end. Cue starfield.
I certainly don't remember anything that'd indicate the destruction of humanity. The only thing that could have anything to do with that would be Lifestream, but I don't think that means all the life energy from every living thing destroyed the meteor.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 15 times

Re: Question about Final Fantasy 7's ending

Post by |darc| » Sun Feb 09, 2003 10:15 am

Veggita2099 wrote:Or is it meant to be left open so you have no idea what happened?
Bingo.

Which is why I never want to see a sequel, prequel, or side quest having anything to do with FFVII. It'd ruin it.
It's thinking...
mikelomax
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster
Location: Off Topic, Since I know very little about the dreamcast

Re: Question about Final Fantasy 7's ending

Post by mikelomax » Sun Feb 09, 2003 11:53 am

|darc| wrote:
Veggita2099 wrote:Or is it meant to be left open so you have no idea what happened?
Bingo.

Which is why I never want to see a sequel, prequel, or side quest having anything to do with FFVII. It'd ruin it.
same here, although a little more explanation would be nice.
The reason for having: A firewall

Independance day, the aliens were destroyed because a computer was used to access their network and disable key systems. If they had had a firewall, the earth would be just another worthless rock floating in space.
Cless
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Cless » Sun Feb 09, 2003 11:58 am

I wouldnt mind a side quest in a ff game clearing up the ending off FF7 and the 500 years after it.
liltimmyw
Mother Trucker
Mother Trucker

Post by liltimmyw » Sun Feb 09, 2003 4:30 pm

I wouldnt mind a side quest in a ff game clearing up the ending off FF7 and the 500 years after it.
The reason I love the ending is because it leaves you thinking. The mysteries of the ending is what makes it perfect in my eyes.