R.I.P. WRESTLERS

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: R.I.P. WRESTLERS

Post by gamedudex2 »

she was really cool, i knew her as a kid, used to hang out with the midsouth wrestlers a lot when they were here backstage. last time i seen her wwas with a friend last year when she came to visit.

shes was big in wcw in the 90s as well as early ecw. she was in tna, and was working on some wwe projects and was up for being signed by tna or wwe soon.
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

You should see the classics figure that they have at work of sherri.
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

Really weird. I watched the WWE Hall of Fame show where she was inducted just two weeks ago. Man, she stole that show.
ninja
DCEmu's own ninja
DCEmu's own ninja

Post by ninja »

BENOIT FOUND DEAD

WWE is sad to report that Chris Benoit and his family have been found dead in their home. Police are currently investigating the circumstances surrounding the deaths. Tonight's Raw will be a tribute to Chris and his family.

Source: http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/benoitdead

Edit:Also on TNA's Website as well now: http://www.tnawrestling.com/news/fullnews2.php?all=1416
Last edited by ninja on Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Delete my posting account.

Thanks.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

I posted this over at BG:

WTF!
Chris Benoit and his family were found dead in their home
THAT'S EVEN MORE WTF!

If this is some sick story line by the WWE, then they should be taken off the air RIGHT NOW! I know WWE's gone down hill A LOT in the past years, but this would just take the cake. I'm not gonna believe this until the source is somewhere other than WWE.com :evil:

If it is true, then that sucks :cry:
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

MORE DETAILS ON DEATH OF CHRIS BENOIT & family
By: Bob Ryder
6/25/2007 6:36:57 PM

Details remain very sketchy regarding the tragic news today that Chris Benoit and his family were found dead at their Atlanta area home.

Benoit had been scheduled to appear on a WWE house show on Saturday. Sources tell us Benoit called to first say he would be taking a later flight, and then to say he would not be attending the house show due to a family illness. According to one source, Benoit said both his wife and son were throwing up blood and he needed to stay to take care of them.

At last night's Vengeance pay-per-view, Benoit was replaced in his match by Johnny Nitro.

No other details are available at this time and police are on the scene at the Benoit residence investigating

i think is son is like only 2 or 3 years old
ninja
DCEmu's own ninja
DCEmu's own ninja

Post by ninja »

Skynet wrote:I posted this over at BG:

WTF!
Chris Benoit and his family were found dead in their home
THAT'S EVEN MORE WTF!

If this is some sick story line by the WWE, then they should be taken off the air RIGHT NOW! I know WWE's gone down hill A LOT in the past years, but this would just take the cake. I'm not gonna believe this until the source is somewhere other than WWE.com :evil:

If it is true, then that sucks :cry:

Its also on TNA's website:

http://www.tnawrestling.com/news/fullnews2.php?all=1416

Thanks.
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

from PW torch:

Vince McMahon broke the news to the wrestlers backstage about the death of Chris Benoit and his family.

One wrestler who was present tells PWTorch that everyone was gathered for an urgent, impromptu gathering backstage. McMahon then explained the basics - that Chris Benoit and his wife and son were found dead. He didn't elaborate or provide any details, and may not have known any more himself. "I've never seen a locker room floored like that. Seventy percent of everyone was just floored like I've never seen before. Everyone is just sad. He was well-liked by everyone. No one ever had a bad word for him. He and Bobby Eaton, that's what people say about those two."

He added: "He never complained about sh-- (in his personal life), but lately it always looked like something wasn't setting right with him inside, like something was eating at him."

There are no police reports yet confirming the backstage info circulating that they all died of gunshot wounds

also

TONIGHT'S RAW LIVE EVENT CANCELLED
6/25/2007 7:44:10 PM

Tonight's RAW live event has been cancelled and fans in Corpus Christi have been sent home. Wrestlers and WWE staff are being allowed to leave the building to mourn the passing of Chris Benoit.

The WWE wrestlers and staff were gathered together late this afternoon and were told the tragic news that Chris Benoit, his wife Nance, and his son Daniel were all found dead today in their home.

Tonight's RAW is now scheduled to be presented as a tribute to Chris Benoit and his family.
Joestar
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Joestar »

Not been following WWE for a while, decided to tune in for tonight's RAW and just found out about the news.

RIP Benoit and family :cry: :cry:
ninja
DCEmu's own ninja
DCEmu's own ninja

Post by ninja »

Just wanted to add this link from the Edmonton Sun, and also from 11 Alive News (Georgia News Station)

http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/World/2 ... 89665.html

http://www.11alive.com/news/article_new ... ryid=99172

Thanks.
Yonke
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Yonke »

its so sad he was a wonderful wrestlers

the figths betwen Benoit vs Angle where the best...

RIP..............
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

Joestar
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Joestar »

WWE.com wrote:It has been ruled that the deaths of Chris Benoit, his wife Nancy and their son Daniel earlier today were the result of a double murder-suicide from within the home. WWE.com will have more as soon as it becomes available.
Man, I really hope that's not true
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

Joestar wrote:
WWE.com wrote:It has been ruled that the deaths of Chris Benoit, his wife Nancy and their son Daniel earlier today were the result of a double murder-suicide from within the home. WWE.com will have more as soon as it becomes available.
Man, I really hope that's not true
it prob is, i dunno wtf to think about, but one report was benoit told people in wwe his wife and son were coughing up blood maybe she killed her son and benoit killed her and himself because he couldn't live with such (he is a proud man, and maybe couldn't deal with such)

then again it could be him, but i cant see why he would kill his son.
AgentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen

Post by AgentGreen »

The yahoo article has been updated and it says they're speculating that Benoit did his wife and kid in over the weekend and himself Monday morning.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

AgentGreen wrote:The yahoo article has been updated and it says they're speculating that Benoit did his wife and kid in over the weekend and himself Monday morning.
That is really sad. Benoit wasn't one of my favourite wrestlers, but he was great at what he did. It seems like the life of a wrestler is a terrible life to lead. :(
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Dr. Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Horrible news.
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

they cant really prove that he did it so easily, but either way of he committed suicide he will automatically get the blame, even if he didnt kill them or all of them.
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

supposedly some wwe wrestlers got some weird text messages from him, which prompted the wwe to call the police. no word on what those text messages were.

b.t.w., there was no gun involved.
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

NANCY BENOIT FILED FOR DIVORCE IN 2003; CITED DOMESTIC ABUSE
6/26/2007 12:54:44 PM

Nancy Benoit filed for divorce in May 2003 and claimed domestic abuse in her court filings. A petition seeking protection from domestic abuse said she was intimidated by threats of violence from her husband Chris Benoit.

A restraining order was issued on May 12, 2003 against Chris Benoit that barred him from the couple's then residence in Peachtree City. On August 19, 2003, Nancy Benoit filed to dismiss the divoce petition as well as the protective restraining order.

Friends close to the couple tell us that they had a very rocky relationship and would often have "blowups" that would lead to Chris Benoit leaving for a day or so to "cool off".
http://www.1wrestling.com/news/newsline.asp?news=29050

http://www.tmz.com/2007/06/26/benoit-mu ... -revealed/

Benoit Murder Details Revealed

Posted Jun 26th 2007 11:37AM by TMZ Staff
Filed under: Celebrity Justice
Chris BenoitTMZ has learned more about the deaths of WWE wrestling superstar Chris Benoit, his wife and son -- and the information is extremely disturbing.

Several Atlanta-based law enforcement sources have told TMZ Benoit may have strangled his wife on Saturday, then smothered his son in his bed a day later. Investigators refuse to officially comment, pending final confirmation by the coroner on the cause and time of the deaths.

One source told TMZ that Benoit was texting friends during Sunday's WWE "Vengeance" Pay-Per-View program -- possibly watching the show with his son, who may have been alive at the time.

According to sources, Benoit then hanged himself Monday in a weight room inside the family home.

A police investigation is ongoing.