R.I.P. WRESTLERS

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Dr. Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Been thanked: 0

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

There's now one more to add to the R.I.P. list. :cry:

Professional wrestler Curt Hennig found dead in Brandon hotel

Professional wrestler Curt "Mr. Perfect" Hennig was found dead in a hotel room Monday. Officials said foul play wasn't suspected.

Hennig, 44, of Champlin, Minn., was scheduled to appear at the Florida State Fair in Tampa on Monday night.

A housekeeper at the Homestead Suites Hotel in Brandon found Hennig in a room about 1:30 p.m, according to the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office. Hennig was not breathing and was pronounced dead at the scene.

His body has been turned over to the Medical Examiner's Office, and the sheriff's office is conducting a death investigation.

Hennig, the son Minneapolis wrestler Larry "The Axe" Hennig, has wrestled professionally for more than 30 years, according to an online biography. He worked for the World Wrestling Federation and most recently wrestled for Jimmy Hart All-Star Wrestling.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs. ... 967&Ref=AR
reaper2k2
DC Developer
DC Developer
Has thanked: 0

Post by reaper2k2 »

OH no fk one of my fav wrestlers of all time HE was perfect

THAts sad to me ill miss him

there saying it mr perfect im still saying
http://homebrew.dcemulation.com/dcgames/ *homebrew webbrowser games *

http://r2k2gate.topcities.com *dev site and my releases*
Im' a Commodorian are you?
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

damn, that is sad.

i heard another one on the radio today, i was going to post about. the iron sheik died. i didnt check this out for sure though.
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

upon closer look it was the sheik that died, not the iron sheik.
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!
liltimmyw
Mother Trucker
Mother Trucker

Post by liltimmyw »

I hear about Curt Hennig last night, it is sad :cry:
Chaniyth
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Chaniyth »

Curt Henning "Mr. Perfect" - Found dead in hotel room (suicide? heart attack?)
All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and when they catch you, they will kill you... but first they must catch you.
liltimmyw
Mother Trucker
Mother Trucker

Post by liltimmyw »

Curt Henning "Mr. Perfect" - Found dead in hotel room (suicide? heart attack?)
There hasn't been any other details released yet.
SuperRoy
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SuperRoy »

The (REAL) Ultimate Warrior died in about 1995 from Steroids. The WCW tried to bring him back but it was obviously someone else, anyone could see that.
--SuperRoy
[ Author:: Linux GameDev Articles ]
GoldbergWWE
Respected Artist
Respected Artist

Post by GoldbergWWE »

The Ultimate Warrior is not deceased. Jim Hellwig has played the Ultimate Warrior every time he's been in the ring in both WWF and WCW. He is now living in Scottsdale, Arizona and has legally changed his name to "Warrior".

There was a Warrior look-alike in '95 and '96 in WCW named the Renegade. He *is* dead, committing suicide a few years back.

-G
Telling you what you need to know before you know you need to know it.
liltimmyw
Mother Trucker
Mother Trucker

Post by liltimmyw »

The Ultimate Warrior is not deceased. Jim Hellwig has played the Ultimate Warrior every time he's been in the ring in both WWF and WCW. He is now living in Scottsdale, Arizona and has legally changed his name to "Warrior".

There was a Warrior look-alike in '95 and '96 in WCW named the Renegade. He *is* dead, committing suicide a few years back.
Exactly
Yonke
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Yonke »

We lost another Wrestling Legend...........
that sucks.............................. :cry:
SEGA
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by SEGA »

fuck macho man
Don't Fear The Toastman.

SEGA
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by SEGA »

fuck wrestling you stupid mother fucker
Don't Fear The Toastman.

liltimmyw
Mother Trucker
Mother Trucker

Post by liltimmyw »

fudge wrestling you stupid mother fudger
I call you a "cool cusser." One who cusses 2 or 3 times every sentece to make them sound cool or tough, but it just makes you sound like an idiot.
DeGamer
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DeGamer »

That sucks! I would like to know more about this though. Can anyone point me to a place where I can get full details on on the wrestlers you guys mentioned.
Dr. Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Although she wasn't really a wrestler, another wrestling personality has died at a fairly young age, cause unknown at this stage (might have OD'd):

Miss Elizabeth
-Azathoth-
Jounin Shinobi
Jounin Shinobi

Post by -Azathoth- »

if anyone finds macho mans comments on elizabeths death, please share. she was a big part of the wwf, way way back.
"Deviantart is the home of messed up emo kids"
Dr. Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

-Azathoth- wrote:if anyone finds macho mans comments on elizabeths death, please share.
Nothing much yet:

"I am deeply saddened by this news, and our thoughts and prayers are with Elizabeth's family." ~Randy Savage

http://machoman.com/
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

Anyone hear anything else about it?
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang:
Dr. Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bret Hart wrote a great column on Miss E over at http://www.brethart.com

Miss Elizabeth was a flower among the weeds.

She died Thursday morning in Hobb County, Georgia, of causes yet to be determined. She was forty two.

To wrestling fans Liz is best remembered as the prim and proper manager/valet of her real life husband, Randy Macho Man Savage. Not to take anything away from Randy, but I?m sure he?d agree that Elizabeth?s classy appeal had no small part in his rise to the top.

Away from the spotlight the real Liz was very much like the character she played. She was shy and quiet and her elegant grace was easy on the eyes. She and Randy were great together and had already been married foryears before their live on pay per view wedding at Summerslam ?91. Even though it was part of the storyline it was obvious to anyone back stage that the ceremony was very real to Liz, who looked at it as renewing their vows and was emotional and beaming.

About a year later insiders in the wrestling world were shocked when Randy and Liz divorced. The fans found out a few years later when the split up was presented as part of a storyline.

I remember envying Randy for being able to bring his wife on the road all the time but in hindsight, it seems to me anyway, that never being out of each other?s sight probably contributed to the demise of their fairy tale romance more than anything else. When my kids were young and I brought them on the road with me Liz would often graciously offer to watch them while I had to work. When my oldest daughter, Jade (twenty) was still in single digits she idolized Liz and enjoyed getting all dolled up like her. One thing that shouldn?t be overlooked about Liz is that when the wrestling business slid into sleaze in the late 90?s, she remained a lady., more than earning the moniker, first lady of wrestling, which, in no small irony, was also the title given to my mother by fans and wrestlers alike. Both my mother and Miss Elizabeth somehow managed to stay true to themselves, civilized and polished, sharp and articulate, even though they were constantly surrounded by ruffians and chaos. I don?t recall ever seeing Liz in a bad mood. She was always courteous and polite and never, ever developed not a trace of a prima dona attitude. She never walked around with her nose in the air thinking she was bigger than the wrestlers, even though for a time she was! - unlike most of the women who came up after her.

When I arrived in WCW, in December, 97, I was pleasantly surprised to find Liz there, managing Lex Luger. One of my last conversations with her was in the Spring of 1999, shortly after my brother Owen died. She sensed my heartache as she gently told me that after watching me for all these years she just wanted to thank me. For what I wasn?t sure. But she went on to say that I was her favorite and although she didn?t pretend to be an expert she said that she?d seen with her own eyes how hard I?d worked - for everybody in the dressing room - year after year. She said that she wanted me to know how truly sorry she was that things had turned out so dark for me at the end and that I deserved so much better. She gave me a sincere hug and over the years her kind praise has meant so much more to me than she will ever know.

Miss Elizabeth was my friend. I loved her dearly and will miss her
dearly. I only wish I?d have told her how very much she meant to me too.

All those wrestlers in heaven will have to part and make way for the
little angle of wrestling.