Worst game of 2002?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
The Kron
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Worst game of 2002?

Post by The Kron »

While there have been plenty of quality games this year there has also been a rather fair and obvious share of duds....whats your picks??

TEKKEN 4: Lazy really lazy, If the surprisingly poor and stagnate gameplay dosnt put you off, the poor and glitch ridden excuse for 3d graphics will, allthough Tekken Tag tournament was a shimmery Jagfest it was still far more of a cohesive fighter than this one.

Grand theft auto Vice city: (not to be one to judge the average gamer - yeah right) once you look beyond the hype and the fact that this appeals due to its questionable nature your left with a very gimmicky game which is technically incredibly poor and I found it boring.

Auto Modellista: Lots of potential...put to waste, the tracks are largely dull and there arent enough of them, very shallow.

Crazy Taxi 3: The slowdown ruins anything the game trys to accomplish.

Super Monkey Ball 2: Poor design compared to the first, relies on luck rather than skill.

The Getaway: Poor Framerate, poor textures, poor dialogue, awfull car control and physics.
Last edited by The Kron on Sun Dec 15, 2002 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I never played any of those games to any length, but I know I sure got trash talked for dislikeing GTA VC. I didn't actually play that game but I watched my friend play it and it just looked like a fancier GTA3 to me.

I think that Legacy of Goku game for GBA was pretty awful. Goku has about the strength of a caster from some RPG game. Don't even bother trying to go hand to hand combat with anything cause you can't take the damage. Bought the only way to fight is walk away turn around shoot, walk away turn around shoot, repeat till enemy is dead.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

Gun Metal - I wanted to like this game.. I really did. But it was just horrid. Gameplay was boring as can be. :/
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

007: Agent Under Fire is sadly the worst thing I have played for a very very long time.
IceBreaker
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by IceBreaker »

State of Emergency, huge dissapointment (well not for me anyway, but for the mainstream people) nuff said.

However, nothing will ever beat Fantavision for PS2 for the fact that people were forced to buy the game :roll:

Is it me, or am I the man? 8)
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

IceBreaker wrote:State of Emergency, huge dissapointment (well not for me anyway, but for the mainstream people) nuff said.

However, nothing will ever beat Fantavision for PS2 for the fact that people were forced to buy the game :roll:
How was people forced to buy Fantavision. I seem to recall the name but nothing more about it.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Oh, I didn't buy the PS2 till it had been about about a year.
IceBreaker
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by IceBreaker »

Veggita2099 wrote:
IceBreaker wrote:State of Emergency, huge dissapointment (well not for me anyway, but for the mainstream people) nuff said.

How was people forced to buy Fantavision. I seem to recall the name but nothing more about it.
This was one of the launch titles. In MANY stores if you did not buy Fantavision, you could not buy the PS2. Many still bought it. Some even bought the system and gave the game back.

Is it me, or am I the man? 8)
compacho
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by compacho »

The worst game is definately Mortal Kombat Advance!!!
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

I can't see how you can badmouth GTA: Vice City - it's the best thing to ever come out of Edinborough, as well as being a cracking great game. Sure, it extends little on GTA3, but the Tekkens haven't exactly advanced well through the ages either, nor a lot of the so-called great games out there (Tekken was the first name that popped into my head).
The Kron wrote:which is technically incredibly poor
I've noticed you've said quite a few times now that you are buying/liking games because they look good, and you seem to imply that if a game isn't technologically evolved enough it isn't worth playing - the exact opposite of what emulation is all about.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

GTA:VC would be one of the highlights of 2002 IMO. But each to thier own :)

Anyway, the worst game I played would have to be Gauntlet: Dark Legacy on the big Box. One of the worst games I have played in a looooong time. I could also name about 30 GBA games for this honour but I won't.
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

I haven't played a whole lot of really bad games this year, but the games that I disliked the most were:

Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance
Blood Omen 2
Quantum Redshift
Beach Spikers
Combat Flight Simulator 3

Games that I didn't play but I heard were horrible were the evolution sports games...like evolution snowbording and skatebording. I heard they were horrible, and then I went to IGN to see what kind of score they gave them...lol...they both got like 2.0. I love reading reviews where the reviewer just blasts the thing being reviewed. It cracks me up:lol:
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

az_bont wrote:I can't see how you can badmouth GTA: Vice City - it's the best thing to ever come out of Edinborough, as well as being a cracking great game. Sure, it extends little on GTA3, but the Tekkens haven't exactly advanced well through the ages either, nor a lot of the so-called great games out there (Tekken was the first name that popped into my head).
The Kron wrote:which is technically incredibly poor
I've noticed you've said quite a few times now that you are buying/liking games because they look good, and you seem to imply that if a game isn't technologically evolved enough it isn't worth playing - the exact opposite of what emulation is all about.
This is coming from someone who talks about Ikaruga like it is the most unique video game ever. Yes GTA VC is a technically poor peice of crap, but Ikaruga is a state of the art game..hmm :roll:
The Kron
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by The Kron »

az_b wrote:I've noticed you've said quite a few times now that you are buying/liking games because they look good, and you seem to imply that if a game isn't technologically evolved enough it isn't worth playing - the exact opposite of what emulation is all about.
I havent once said I was buying a game because of the graphics, game technicality dosn't imply graphics, its more down to structure and design.
Sir Slash

Post by Sir Slash »

My vote is nhl 2003 its horrible, 2002 is better by far, 2003 is slow, shakey and bad control makes for EAs worst hockey efrfort on the next gen console thus far... i have to try nhl 2k3 and hope its better!!!
WELCO
ME
TOT
HE
NEX
T
LEVEL

kaze
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by kaze »

GTA: Vice City
Current Music:
Himekami - Exceeding Love
Little Viking - Future
Nas - God's Son Adam Freeland - Fear
Ibana - Shell / Half Pain
Sub Woofer
DCEmu Cop
DCEmu Cop

Post by Sub Woofer »

compacho wrote:The worst game is definately Mortal Kombat Advance!!!
}

I have to agree, this game is beyond terrible. It's like the unwanted child of Tina Turner and Chuck Norris. It's that bad.

Perhaps you should have called this "Biggest disapointments" or "Games that didn't live up to their hype" as almost all the games mentioned are quite popular.

As for me, I'd agree with State of Emergency. It just wasn't.... fun

Spiderman! Spiderman! Friendy Neighbourhood Spiderman!
Spins a web... any size..... catches thiefs, just like flies!
WATCH OUT... here comes the Spiderman!
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

The Kron wrote:
az_b wrote:I've noticed you've said quite a few times now that you are buying/liking games because they look good, and you seem to imply that if a game isn't technologically evolved enough it isn't worth playing - the exact opposite of what emulation is all about.
I havent once said I was buying a game because of the graphics, game technicality dosn't imply graphics, its more down to structure and design.
Back in the the thread where someone was on about Xbox games, you said that one or more games were not that good to play, but had good graphics. I suppose I'm jumping the gun a bit when I say you bought the game for the graphics, for which I apologise.

But I can't see how you can say that GTA: VC is poor technically. It has the occasional bug, as do most games, but when you can explore an area that's over a 100 times larger than other game's levels, you have to expect the odd flaw.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

Attention all:

People have different tastes than you. Get used to it.
No signature.
reaper2k2
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by reaper2k2 »

well gta3vc worst game of the year thats not right levels and the city did change but it does get boring after a while and some of the levels are to hard and silly

it could of been much better worst game of the year for me the last game i played which is morrow wind for pc it was really really boring and slow
http://homebrew.dcemulation.com/dcgames/ *homebrew webbrowser games *

http://r2k2gate.topcities.com *dev site and my releases*
Im' a Commodorian are you?