Blueroses 3d GBA engine

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Blueroses 3d GBA engine

Post by CoasterKing »

It's been around for a while but yesterday, Raylight Studiosreleased some videos of the blueroses engine in action. You can get them at IGN on the link at thier homepage or you can click here. All I can say is, very impressive!

With this engine and also the other one at Pocketeers.com, these are interesting times for GBA owners :D

Note to developers: 2D still rules! :red)
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

I saw that a while ago - maybe Half-Life and resident Evil could be ported now. And lets not forget Final Fantasy VII!
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

az_bont wrote:I saw that a while ago - maybe Half-Life and resident Evil could be ported now. And lets not forget Final Fantasy VII!
To fit on a GBA cart there would be some MAJOR scaleing down with all of those games. FF7 would have the most since it is a 3 cd game. I could see a RE fitting on a cart though, doubtful on Half-life. Remember Half-life required a lot of buttons. That was the same problem they had with Duke Nukem Advance. They couldn't even do a decent port of Duke Nukem 3D, don't expect half-life. Duke Nukem Advance is utter crap when compared to Duke Nukem 3D.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Veggita2099 wrote: To fit on a GBA cart there would be some MAJOR scaleing down with all of those games. FF7 would have the most since it is a 3 cd game.
FFVII is only a 3CD game because of all the FMV: at any point in the game swap the disk youre currently playign with any other disk and you can play the game perfectly, with the only 'messing up' being when it becomes time for an FMV, as they repeat the entire game on each CD.

The GBA could easily do FFVII if it used real time cutscenes instead of FMV
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Nyarlathotep wrote:
Veggita2099 wrote: To fit on a GBA cart there would be some MAJOR scaleing down with all of those games. FF7 would have the most since it is a 3 cd game.
FFVII is only a 3CD game because of all the FMV: at any point in the game swap the disk youre currently playign with any other disk and you can play the game perfectly, with the only 'messing up' being when it becomes time for an FMV, as they repeat the entire game on each CD.

The GBA could easily do FFVII if it used real time cutscenes instead of FMV
Guess that is a good point. Much as i loved FF7 I don't think Id want to go out and pay 30 bucks for it on GBA when its 15 bucks for ps1. I just don't get into buying remixes of games I have played though. Well not unless they do some major upgradeing to it then maybe. Like if they released a updated FF7 with extended story and updated graphics Id be reserveing a copy in a heartbeat.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Veggita2099 wrote:
az_bont wrote:I saw that a while ago - maybe Half-Life and resident Evil could be ported now. And lets not forget Final Fantasy VII!
To fit on a GBA cart there would be some MAJOR scaleing down with all of those games. FF7 would have the most since it is a 3 cd game. I could see a RE fitting on a cart though, doubtful on Half-life. Remember Half-life required a lot of buttons. That was the same problem they had with Duke Nukem Advance. They couldn't even do a decent port of Duke Nukem 3D, don't expect half-life. Duke Nukem Advance is utter crap when compared to Duke Nukem 3D.
Final Fantasy VII, as has already been said, featured the entire game (or most of it) on each disc. Cut out the FMV, compress it to a cartridge and you're away. That's how Resident Evil 2, a 1.5GB game was compressed to an N64 cartridge. For more information on this, visit http://www.ffcorner.cjb.net and check out the FFVII section - they'll be a note at the bottom about compression.

Some guy already made a demo of Half-Life an it looked pretty good. But lack of buttons would be a bit of a hard one to get around - maybe if the new GBA with (alledgedly) four buttons comes out it won't matter.

ANd that sucks about Duke Nukem, I'm getting it for Christmas. What are the controls?
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

az_bont wrote:
Veggita2099 wrote:
Final Fantasy VII, as has already been said, featured the entire game (or most of it) on each disc. Cut out the FMV, compress it to a cartridge and you're away. That's how Resident Evil 2, a 1.5GB game was compressed to an N64 cartridge. For more information on this, visit http://www.ffcorner.cjb.net and check out the FFVII section - they'll be a note at the bottom about compression.

Some guy already made a demo of Half-Life an it looked pretty good. But lack of buttons would be a bit of a hard one to get around - maybe if the new GBA with (alledgedly) four buttons comes out it won't matter.

ANd that sucks about Duke Nukem, I'm getting it for Christmas. What are the controls?
Well I only played the rom, but it is a lot like that rom for the Genesis. It don't have the same stages Duke3D has. I don't think it had any jump or anything. Doom is a lot better on GBA.
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

Veggita2099 wrote:Duke Nukem Advance is utter crap when compared to Duke Nukem 3D.
I actually thought Duke Nukem Advance was excellent. You have to remember that it is a brand new adventure. The graphics are a lot smoother and faster than Doom GBA and it looks pretty nice. The sounds are all there and the multiplayer is great fun. The only thing missing is the strippers :cry:
az_bont wrote:What are the controls?
A is shoot and jump is B. Strafing is done with the L & R buttons. Weapon switching is done by holding L & R then pressing select. Also if you hold L & R and use the D-pad you can look around.
clessoulis
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by clessoulis »

I wish they would release some playable demo roms.
DNR the current kickass dc programer. Thanks
for the emulator I've been waiting 2 years for.

Thanks to Reaper2k2 also for showing interest into WSC emulation.

Selfbooting for Noobs
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

CoasterKing wrote:
Veggita2099 wrote:Duke Nukem Advance is utter crap when compared to Duke Nukem 3D.
I actually thought Duke Nukem Advance was excellent. You have to remember that it is a brand new adventure. The graphics are a lot smoother and faster than Doom GBA and it looks pretty nice. The sounds are all there and the multiplayer is great fun. The only thing missing is the strippers :cry:
A is shoot and jump is B. Strafing is done with the L & R buttons. Weapon switching is done by holding L & R then pressing select. Also if you hold L & R and use the D-pad you can look around.
Ehh I didn't play it much, from what I played I wasn't thrilled with. Guess that don't come to no surprised to people here. Ok where is the smartarse with the YOUR A GAME HATER comment?
clessoulis
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by clessoulis »

Veggita2099 wrote:
CoasterKing wrote:
Ehh I didn't play it much, from what I played I wasn't thrilled with. Guess that don't come to no surprised to people here. Ok where is the smartarse with the YOUR A GAME HATER comment?
Damn you game hater.

Selfbooting for Noobs
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

clessoulis wrote:
Veggita2099 wrote:
CoasterKing wrote:
Damn you game hater.
Wanna fight?
clessoulis
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by clessoulis »

Veggita2099 wrote:
clessoulis wrote:
Veggita2099 wrote:
CoasterKing wrote:
Damn you game hater.
Wanna fight?
You wanna battle? Son you must be crazy. LoL ok this is pointless no more of this.

Selfbooting for Noobs
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

clessoulis wrote:
Veggita2099 wrote:
clessoulis wrote:
Veggita2099 wrote:
CoasterKing wrote:
Damn you game hater.
Wanna fight?
You wanna battle? Son you must be crazy. LoL ok this is pointless no more of this.
hehe ok then. Some demo's would be nice. I have seen several screenshots, but a playable demo is worth 1000 screenshots. Hey that is a good quote??
clessoulis
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by clessoulis »

Veggita2099 wrote:
clessoulis wrote:
Veggita2099 wrote:
clessoulis wrote:
Veggita2099 wrote:
CoasterKing wrote:
Damn you game hater.
Wanna fight?
hehe ok then. Some demo's would be nice. I have seen several screenshots, but a playable demo is worth 1000 screenshots. Hey that is a good quote??
I liked it. I think alote of nice psx to GBA port should be made. *Cough MGS cough*

Selfbooting for Noobs