Metroid commercial completed

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
compacho
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Metroid commercial completed

Post by compacho » Mon Oct 21, 2002 9:44 pm

cube.ign.com has the finished commercial and the good news is that non-Insiders can download it. Its 320x240 though, yet it still has great quality though. I am impressed with it. it is 8 megs though.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 » Mon Oct 21, 2002 9:46 pm

I hope this metroid game isn't level based like most FPS games are. You know where you beat a level and see the stats then go on to the next? Metroid games always had that adventure feel where you found items to get to different places etc.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
compacho
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by compacho » Mon Oct 21, 2002 10:19 pm

well if it is, then we still have metroid fusion. And i know that won't let me down.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 » Mon Oct 21, 2002 10:21 pm

compacho wrote:well if it is, then we still have metroid fusion. And i know that won't let me down.
Yea I am looking forward to fusion more then prime. 1. Fusion will be cheaper, and 2. It won't be FPS.

But prime still might be good, just depends.
yodanut
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by yodanut » Mon Oct 21, 2002 10:35 pm

IGN also has a Metroid timeline in their 'cube section. It seems Metroid Prime takes place some place between Metroid and Metroid II while Fusion is the true new sequel. I was hoping both would be continuous sequels, but eh, what can you do.

BTW, I remember reading that Metroid Prime was level based, but still allowed backtracking. I'm guessing they mean it's like all other Metroid games, with certain worlds that are kind of levels unto themselves. I certainly hope so, since I've been looking forward to a Metroid sequel for years!
Metroid Evolution
Helping evolve the Metroid series.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 » Tue Oct 22, 2002 11:20 am

yodanut wrote:IGN also has a Metroid timeline in their 'cube section. It seems Metroid Prime takes place some place between Metroid and Metroid II while Fusion is the true new sequel. I was hoping both would be continuous sequels, but eh, what can you do.

BTW, I remember reading that Metroid Prime was level based, but still allowed backtracking. I'm guessing they mean it's like all other Metroid games, with certain worlds that are kind of levels unto themselves. I certainly hope so, since I've been looking forward to a Metroid sequel for years!
In a sense that is kinda how othere was. Like Super Metroid you pretty much stayed in one area till you defeated the boss or found a certain item. Another thing that worries me is every movie and screen I have seen has been some boreing corridor looking area. Hopefully it will have a little more landscapes then metal corridor to go through.
kaze
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by kaze » Tue Oct 22, 2002 11:23 am

Veggita2099 wrote:
yodanut wrote:IGN also has a Metroid timeline in their 'cube section. It seems Metroid Prime takes place some place between Metroid and Metroid II while Fusion is the true new sequel. I was hoping both would be continuous sequels, but eh, what can you do.

In a sense that is kinda how othere was. Like Super Metroid you pretty much stayed in one area till you defeated the boss or found a certain item. Another thing that worries me is every movie and screen I have seen has been some boreing corridor looking area. Hopefully it will have a little more landscapes then metal corridor to go through.
im sure it will. but then again the other metroids we never THAT varied either. big blue area, big brown area, lava area...get the pattern.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 » Tue Oct 22, 2002 11:30 am

I couldn't get to the movie on IGN they wanted me to sign up. So I signed up and then every time I clicked the 320 free one it asked for a signup plan every time.

That sites sucks I wouldn't give them a cent.
HyperG
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by HyperG » Tue Oct 22, 2002 3:22 pm

I suppose the game is like Devil May Cry. Well meaning the way the levels work. You can backtrack, etc. It'll be promising, but it just won't be the same.
If you think typing 'make' is hard, forget coding.
If you can't figure out the commands to DC-Tool, forget coding.
If you think coding is as easy as typing printf("Hello World\n"); , shoot yourself.