Red Faction, Max Payne and Wolfenstien oh my!

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.

What game should I buy?

Total votes: 0
Sub Woofer
DCEmu Cop
DCEmu Cop
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Red Faction, Max Payne and Wolfenstien oh my!

Post by Sub Woofer »

Hello folks,

I seem to be in a bit of a dilemma here, there are 3 awesome games for PC that I want to buy, I have the demo of each and I really can't decide. :(

They are, Red Faction - Seemingly awesome game, Just like half life. I've played the PS2 version, but the graphics and controls are rather shoddy, but still a brilliant game nonetheless. I downloaded the demo version for PC and was impressed and I've been thinking of buying this game.

Max Payne - Downloaded the demo of this one as well.... and DAMN its awesome, My PC doesn't support it terribly well, but i hope to get a better 3D card sometime within the future. (currently have a Riva TNT 1)
Nothings better than blowing people up, matrix style slow-mo ;)

Return to Castle Wolfenstien - The sequel to the game that started it all!, I've been addicted to the Multiplayer beta test since it came out, and looking at the screens of the single and new multiplayer modes makes me drool and froth at the mouth.

I'd just like to hear your opinions on each game, I think RTCW is a definate purchase, and I plan to get all 3 at least sometime in the future.

(you can vote in the poll or reply, but please give me a reply of which ones you like though ;) )
petteri
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by petteri »

Get Return to Castle Wolfenstien. I'm getting it and if those are your options the get it
Sub Woofer
DCEmu Cop
DCEmu Cop

Post by Sub Woofer »

Sorry bout that, my bad, I'm was having trouble working out how to create a poll ;)

So how is Return to Castle Wolfenstien single player? I've been dying to know, but I havent found any reviews as of yet.
Holly Hasney
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Holly Hasney »

/me does the max Payne dance
.:ajay:.
Old Git
Old Git

Post by .:ajay:. »

Return to Castle Wolfenstien

without a doubt.
The Kron_

Post by The Kron_ »

RTCW does have a pretty extensive single player mode.

I must admit ive also been playing the online multiplayer demo and have been very very impressed, this will last you a lot longer than the excellent but short Max Payne.
Spaz-o-matic
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Spaz-o-matic »

I have Red Faction, it's alright, but it's kind of short.

IMO RTCW!
Kami

Post by Kami »

RTCW was really shory, took me 4 hours :/ but multiplayer is awesome.
Jelly_Warrior
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Jelly_Warrior »

Do I need to say anything?
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

Max Payne is a right laugh, but over waaay too quickly.

Red Faction never really caught my interest, and I'll admit I haven't tried RTCW;

The PC game I'm hoping to get (not even on you poll though :roll: ) is Civilisation III; purely because the first 2 were soooo good its not even funny; I must have spent more of my gaming life playing 'old skool' Civ than I have any other game ever, with the possible exception of Tetris.

If you've never played a Civ game before, its kind of confusing for an hour and you think its totally boring, when suddenly out of nowhere you're totally hooked and next thing you know its 4am and you're wondering whether to send spies out to steal technology from your enemy, or just nuking them and sending in the tanks.

If you are unlucky enough to have not played it check out THIS SITE for a freebie port of the old school one... yup, sometimes you just need to work that brain instead of that trigger finger...
DeGamer1
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DeGamer1 »

Hey Sub Woofer and everyone else
If you ever get the chance, get King Pin for PC, BUY IT. You won't regret it ;)
I think you'll play this more than anything else.
Last edited by DeGamer1 on Fri Nov 23, 2001 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kami

Post by Kami »

Kingpin is a great. That games like an early version of Max Payne.

i.e. Die you RAT FUCK!
DuffMan
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DuffMan »

Wolfinstein has the best graphics over all of these. They are so clean and the game play is great.
Sub Woofer
DCEmu Cop
DCEmu Cop

Post by Sub Woofer »

I've got kingpin ;)

As for my poll, well today I went down to the store to see if they had RTCW available, but since I went to EB, and they fake their release dates, The wierd dancing hippie that works there said it comes out on the 30th :( (I'm not lying.... he REALLY does dance and make a fool of himself infront of all the customers!)

However, since next week being exams, my parents promised me if I study hard and go well in the exams, they'll give me $100 towards any game I want.

So I still have to make a descision, I'll probably get two games now.

One question however, does Red Faction have online internet play? because this is the only thing which would set it apart from Max Payne for replay value.

Keep on pollin ;)
biohazard
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

yes

Post by biohazard »

Yes, Red Faction does have online internet play. It's great too. I don't know why, but RF kinda reminds me of Perfect Dark, even though Perfect Dark is better. I've never played Max Payne, but I'm thinking about it. RTCW seems like a great game, I play the Multiplayer test everyday. I used to play Doom everyday, but my stupid SIS 630/730 somehow doesn't like it anymore. (Graphics are messed up, everything is an ugly mess) And somehow my stupid video card also managed to make the sky in RTCW dissapear. I could go on and on about my video card, but this is not the topic to.
Sub Woofer
DCEmu Cop
DCEmu Cop

Post by Sub Woofer »

I noticed the sky was turned off when I installed the second beta of RTCW also, try checking the options to see if "Dynamic Sky" is on.

Hopefully that fixes it up :D

Btw, Doom is STILL a awesome game, cant wait to try out Doom 3