I love my GameCube

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

I love my GameCube

Post by arrowhead »

I will probably be flamed by every "Nintendo makes kiddie games" guy in these forums, but I just had to say I Love My GameCube. I bought one used yesterday for 90 bucks with Rogue leader, and the more and more I play it, the more I like it. Maybe Nintendo does, lets say endorse more simple, nay, more innocent type games (If we put on hold perfect dark, 007, and conker) than sony or x-box does. But sometimes I like to be able to play non-violent games. When I rented Mario Sunshine today I felt like I had years ago when on Christmas I got games like Mario 2, Mario 3, Zelda, and bubble bobble. It is sometimes just more relaxing and enjoyable to play really kick back style games. By the way have any of you tried "Home Run King" for GC? I really wanted to play it but it was all rented out. Anyway, just sharing. Thanks
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

should be moved to off-topic.
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

Non-Dreamcast Emulation Discussion
Talk about anything and everything not related to Dreamcast Emulation, such as PC/ GBA/ PS2/ [b]GC[/b]/ Xbox / Homebrew Games & Demo's etc..

Seems like it should be posted here rather than off topic since it is not related to dreamcast emulation, and my post was something such as GC. Thanks.
Krawhitham
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Krawhitham »

Pikmin is good

Home Run King blows
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

For 90 bucks with a game heck yea it is good. Id probably like X-box if I found one for 90 bucks with a game.

I still don't like Mario Sunshine, I wish I hadn't bought it. It is like Mario 64, except its way to jumpy!! I swear every other level it is jumping those damned blocks in those secret area/s
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Wagh (Original)
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Wagh (Original) »

you can love your gamecube just don't love your gamecube
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

::sighs:: I remember the day I bought my gamecube. I bought it with the extra change I found under my bed. I got SSB:M, WaveRace, and a Wavebird controller. I really enjoy my gamecube. I mean...Super Monkey Ball...c'mon...that's like one of the most addictive and innovative games released in a LONG time. And is the Wavebird not the coolest controller ever made for a console? I wish Sony and Microsoft would make wireless versions of their controllers. You just have no idea how cool it is to play with a wireless controller until you get a big screen TV and have to sit at 8 feet away from it to fully see it.
Wagh (Original)
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Wagh (Original) »

Vlad Tepes wrote: I wish Sony and Microsoft would make wireless versions of their controllers. You just have no idea how cool it is to play with a wireless controller until you get a big screen TV and have to sit at 8 feet away from it to fully see it.
the cable on the xbox controller is already like 6-7 ft. It's great cuz I can play and lay in bed or if I hook it up to my big screen I can sprawl out on the couch.
revengeofLaEternal
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by revengeofLaEternal »

I enjoy my gamecube very much, and with the wave bird (which was definitely worth the $24.99 I paid for it new), I definitely have not regretted buying it. Plus, the biohazard zero demo I've been playing the past couple of days has only added to the joy my little cube has brought.

Just in case you're wondering, I have 4 games (2 JPN, 2 USA) which are:
Dairantou Smash Brothers (JPN)
Waverace: Blue storm (JPN)
Luigi's Mansion (USA)
Super Monkey Ball (USA)
rgtg
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by rgtg »

Wagh wrote:you can love your gamecube just don't love your gamecube
Good point :lol: :lol:

have you heard about the guy who LOVED his DC???
Ricardo
ricardogtg@globo.com
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

rgtg wrote:
Good point :lol: :lol:

have you heard about the guy who LOVED his DC???
Yeah all his DC parts kept sticking & he couldnt understand why the guy at the shop refused to touch it :lol:
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

Wagh wrote:
Vlad Tepes wrote: I wish Sony and Microsoft would make wireless versions of their controllers. You just have no idea how cool it is to play with a wireless controller until you get a big screen TV and have to sit at 8 feet away from it to fully see it.
the cable on the xbox controller is already like 6-7 ft. It's great cuz I can play and lay in bed or if I hook it up to my big screen I can sprawl out on the couch.
I don't think the XBox controller cord would be long enough for my setup. My systems are in a case next to my TV, and with my seating arrangement, the cord would need to be roughly 10' to even reach the couch...and that's stretching. My PS2 controller cords are barely long enough with a 7' extension cord, and I had to buy two extension cords for each of my DC controllers. :roll:
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Not to worry, I wont gum up the works.

Post by arrowhead »

I will not LOVE my gamecube, but I do enjoy it. I just got monkeyball2 and it is one of the most addicting games I have ever played. I have once again became a Nintendo fan boy.
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

"I have once again became a Nintendo fan boy." I say to myself "nice grammar dipstick". I have actually once again become a Nintendo fanboy. :o
spaghetti
DCEmu's #1 Cher fan
DCEmu's #1 Cher fan

Post by spaghetti »

all those dreamcast gd-rom failures i hear about are probably directly linked to *this* sorta thing.

:twisted:
Miko
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Miko »

If The Gamecube's kiddie, then what the hell does that make the Playstation!!! Have you seen it's catalogue of kiddie games. I was in Game the other day and noticed just how much rubbish the Playstation had. Barby, Hugo, Muppets, My little Pony etc. At least Nintendo's 'Kiddie' games are the best games on Earth.

If kiddie games are bad then i guess i shouldn't play Crash Bandicoot and Worms again, as they are quite kiddie too.

The people who say the Cube's kiddie are just ridiculous, considering a lot of the Gamecubes forthcoming titles are in their most wanted list, Driver 3 to name just one. Kids games should suit these pofters perfect, as they're the only real kids with the under-developed sense of perception. It's a poor mans excuse to use the trends reason for disliking Nintendo and their products. There's only one fact, kiddie Nintendo games = good games. And if liking them makes you a kid then good, because adult-hood attitude sucks.

Anyway i must be really boring. Good night to you all, and enjoy the Cube, it's ACE!

Michael Barclay
spaghetti
DCEmu's #1 Cher fan
DCEmu's #1 Cher fan

Post by spaghetti »

i agree. what is this with guys that can't play games without ultra-violence or whatever? i mean, a man is technically just a very larger boy. i used to try to act "my age" and "mature" and shit, then i realized i just act like i want and have more fun.

and playing mario and kurby or whatever is fun, and so what if it looks childish... we all are gonna die eventually and i'm not gonna miss out on these cool games just because they weren't available when i was 10!!!
rgtg
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by rgtg »

is not the "mature level" of the game who gives the fun of it....a lot of games without blood are best them the ones with a loooot of blood

take Soul Calibur for DC for exemple...no blood...and veeeeery cool game! the same for dead or alive2
Ricardo
ricardogtg@globo.com
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Miko wrote:If The Gamecube's kiddie, then what the hell does that make the Playstation!!! Have you seen it's catalogue of kiddie games. I was in Game the other day and noticed just how much rubbish the Playstation had. Barby, Hugo, Muppets, My little Pony etc. At least Nintendo's 'Kiddie' games are the best games on Earth.
Yes, but it was Sony who first had a manily non-kiddy oriented console. Most consoles up until then were aimed at younger kids (under 12) but the PSX was aimed at 17-23 yeard olds. Since then there haven't been any consoles with as much "kiddy" stuff as they used to have.

And if a consoles got over 1200 games then some of them are bound to be kiddy games. Dreamcast has less because it has a quarted of the games.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
SkillsMakinMills
DCEmu Banned
DCEmu Banned

Post by SkillsMakinMills »

Silly rabbit, Gamecube's for kids.
Even when I was dead wrong, I got my point across.

I AM THE REAL ORIGINATOR OF THE NULL/JUNK COMMUNITY!
It's true, ask Nyar or Dr. Z