Sega Master System

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
NeonGenesis
Respected Artist
Respected Artist
Posts: 1015
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:46 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Post by NeonGenesis » Wed Sep 11, 2002 10:43 pm

The snail maze game was actually hard coded into the Sega Master system itself.
Image
Lupin[lvl]
Gentleman Thief
Gentleman Thief
Posts: 853
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2002 8:51 pm
Location: Ireland
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Post by Lupin[lvl] » Wed Sep 11, 2002 11:07 pm

hold down both buttons and left on the pad/stick (always wondered why they made a left handed joy stick) on boot up done it if i remember right

hangon and safari hunt were built in too, though i think i played the maze game more then either of them. penguin land was great puzzler too, i remember when i played Alex kidd in Hightech world i couldnt finish it, for years i couldnt get the passport to leave the city, it is pretty insane what you're expected to do to get it, short game but crazy hard
Image
Grooverider
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
Posts: 183
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2002 2:05 am
Location: UK
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Grooverider » Thu Sep 12, 2002 2:16 am

And does anyone remember those credit card sized games that you slotted in the front? I think they dropped them when the second revision of the SMS came out.
I don't think I would have ever become such a big Sega fan if it wasn't for the SMS...
SpiderW
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2001 8:46 pm
Location: Australia
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by SpiderW » Thu Sep 12, 2002 3:17 am

I have never really played NES (even though I have one :P), but Master System has some phat games. Paperboy, thats one of the best games ever, I play that on the school computers, and teachers go berko at you, haha, the SMS owns, but I don't think I would like it as the only thing I played.
Crack a window will ya!
reaper2k2
DC Developer
DC Developer
Posts: 2648
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2002 7:48 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

yeah

Post by reaper2k2 » Thu Sep 12, 2002 11:00 pm

I have a huge sms collection i even have the 3d glasses and all versions of the machine the little cards were just games and the slot of the 3d glasses this machine was better in every way then the nes


best 8 bit of all time no that goes to the C64 over 20 millon sold 16.ooo games and apps better games then both nes and sms

better sound sms is a distant 2 to the c64 really some of you really missed out wonderboy was on the c64 all version castlevania was on the c64 to most games were and had better versions its sad to know poor kids had to use NES,s and SMS at the time when the c64 had much better sound cheaper games and you could program games your self

tapes,carts,disks printer colour at that and so many games and programs it would take you a life time to go throu it the best demo scene in the world ..........from people like fairlight triad GP i almost dies when i read in this thread SMS is the best 8bit of all time fuckmedead

the c64 owns all those systems in sales and being loved the most lemon64 has more then 1 million people a year through just to talk about the good ol c64 nothing can beat the c64s sales record even today it leads the guiness book record for most sales EVER.!

so it beat alll of those systems it lasted from 1983 till 1990's i bought my last one new in 1992
http://homebrew.dcemulation.com/dcgames/ *homebrew webbrowser games *

http://r2k2gate.topcities.com *dev site and my releases*
Image
Im' a Commodorian are you?
SpiderW
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2001 8:46 pm
Location: Australia
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by SpiderW » Fri Sep 13, 2002 6:14 am

Haha, I never owned a SMS but I got a Smeg emulator and its got like every SMS and GG game on it, one thing that gets me though is that the bubble bobble on it don't work :(
Crack a window will ya!
User avatar
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Posts: 7817
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2002 1:43 pm
Location: Great Britain
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: yeah

Post by Hawq » Fri Sep 13, 2002 2:34 pm

reaper2k2 wrote:I have a huge sms collection i even have the 3d glasses and all versions of the machine the little cards were just games and the slot of the 3d glasses this machine was better in every way then the nes


best 8 bit of all time no that goes to the C64 over 20 millon sold 16.ooo games and apps better games then both nes and sms

better sound sms is a distant 2 to the c64 really some of you really missed out wonderboy was on the c64 all version castlevania was on the c64 to most games were and had better versions its sad to know poor kids had to use NES,s and SMS at the time when the c64 had much better sound cheaper games and you could program games your self

tapes,carts,disks printer colour at that and so many games and programs it would take you a life time to go throu it the best demo scene in the world ..........from people like fairlight triad GP i almost dies when i read in this thread SMS is the best 8bit of all time fudge

the c64 owns all those systems in sales and being loved the most lemon64 has more then 1 million people a year through just to talk about the good ol c64 nothing can beat the c64s sales record even today it leads the guiness book record for most sales EVER.!

so it beat alll of those systems it lasted from 1983 till 1990's i bought my last one new in 1992
While the C64 was great the fact is that the Speccy beat it in many areas (although the SID chip did rule everything else), the C64 was technically superior to the Speccy had the bedroom coder support. Note thats not re-starting an old war (old farts like me will know about that one) just stating the facts & if anyone accuses me of a fanboy attitude know that I had a speccy, C64, NES & SMS and liked them all.
Image
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
User avatar
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Posts: 7817
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2002 1:43 pm
Location: Great Britain
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: yeah

Post by Hawq » Fri Sep 13, 2002 2:54 pm

Hollywood Hasney wrote:
Hawq wrote:While the C64 was great the fact is that the Speccy beat it in many areas (although the SID chip did rule everything else), the C64 was technically superior to the Speccy had the bedroom coder support. Note thats not re-starting an old war (old farts like me will know about that one) just stating the facts & if anyone accuses me of a fanboy attitude know that I had a speccy, C64, NES & SMS and liked them all.
Well the C64 had the bedroom coder support too, by the bucket load... the C64 BASIC was more advanced too (If hard to remember all the data accsesses ;))
True but most things turned up on the Speccy due to ease of coding, plus the Speccy was a bit cheaper (which helped)
Image
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
User avatar
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan
Posts: 2984
Joined: Fri May 31, 2002 6:10 am
Location: Adelaide
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Prophet][ » Sat Sep 14, 2002 12:51 am

I remember bugging my parents to get me an SMS, and boy did it pay off
area
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2002 6:20 am
Location: πr?
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by area » Sat Sep 14, 2002 1:44 am

Wow... SMS... That brings back memories. My first console :D Alex Kidd in Miracle World was sooo much fun (but also took me YEARS to complete - I could get to the end of the game after a 'mere' 3 - 4 years (bearing in mind I got it when I was 4 or 5), but never rescued his brother to get the letter to take to the castle, so didn't know the order to run over the blocks at the end of the game. I still play the game from time to time; Rock Paper Scissors boss fights were (and are) great fun :D

*Wanders off to find his SMS, which should still be in original polystyrene packaging :) *
Image
User avatar
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Posts: 7817
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2002 1:43 pm
Location: Great Britain
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: yeah

Post by Hawq » Sat Sep 14, 2002 5:08 am

Hollywood Hasney wrote:
Hawq wrote:
Hollywood Hasney wrote:
Hawq wrote:While the C64 was great the fact is that the Speccy beat it in many areas (although the SID chip did rule everything else), the C64 was technically superior to the Speccy had the bedroom coder support. Note thats not re-starting an old war (old farts like me will know about that one) just stating the facts & if anyone accuses me of a fanboy attitude know that I had a speccy, C64, NES & SMS and liked them all.
Well the C64 had the bedroom coder support too, by the bucket load... the C64 BASIC was more advanced too (If hard to remember all the data accsesses ;))
True but most things turned up on the Speccy due to ease of coding, plus the Speccy was a bit cheaper (which helped)
Yeah... only reason I got given a C64 was because my parents were Vic-20 fanboys :) Plus my auntie had a speccy, so there was no need to play another one! But when stuff was ported to the C64, it did look better :) The BMX games a perfect examples of that :D

But Carmageddon did make it's way onto the Spectrum ;)
Ah, I have fond memories of the Vic20 it was my first computer with it's mighty (at the time) 3k of ram. The C64 did indeed look and sound better but it was more advanced than the Speccy, 64k to the Speccys 48k. Still both good machines though.
Image
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
Locked