X-box, Gamecube or PS2???...Last poll in this series

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.

Which system should i buy?

Total votes: 0
Dr Wily
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Dr Wily »

yeah they did Kami - you could almost say Nintendo did things *better* when it came to release day in managing to get machines out there, rather than spending lots of money on advertising and pressurising shops into giving X-Box prominence...

Skills:
1) UNCHECK YOUR BBCode OPTION! your posts just look like nonsense with BBCode disabled (and with BBCode enabled , no I'll hold my tongue...)
2) Nintendo are actually the biggest / richest games manufacturing company in the world, with EA a distant second. They're not in any kind of bad financial situation at the moment, and as long as GCs are outselling X-Boxes (whether thats down to MS's inability to get them out, or because more people actually want a GC more, at a $100 less) Third party manufacturers (who are all MS have got remember) will want to support the GC more. As I've said before Nintendo games only come out on Nintendo machines. It doesn't matter if you happen to like Nintendo or not, you have to respect the fact that Nintendo are at worst a *very* competent games company, which will always count for more than just money spent on advertising...
DuffMan
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DuffMan »

Well Xbox had the same amount of time to make 700,000, they choose not to, there for they lost tons of possible business.
SkillsTakinPills
DCEmu Banned
DCEmu Banned

Post by SkillsTakinPills »

My bad about that whole BB Code thing. I didn't know what was goin on.
Well Xbox had the same amount of time to make 700,000, they choose not to, there for they lost tons of possible business.
Do you know what we are talking about? We are talking about there first release. Meaning the first release of X Box and the first release of Gamecube. Gamecube was out in Japan before the first shipment of X Box to America. Therefore Nintendo had more time to make the consoles for America than Microsoft did for America, which was there first destination.

I know Nintendo can make some good first party titles, but the third party support isn't as strong. Microsoft doesn't have good first party, but has strong third party support. I'm more interested in the third party than any of there first party. BTW what is a second part developer? Is there a such thing?
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

A second party developer is a development company owned by another company, but with a degree of autonomy; eg RARE, Silicon Knights, or HAL for Nintendo, or Bungee for MS.

The GC has *much* better 3rd party support than the N64 did - not only are EA on board from the start, along with Namco, but Capcom have announced a number of GC exclusive titles... I believe Konami are supporting the GC as well, so thats all 'the biggys' accounted for except for Square who are currently Sony exclusive; of course, if the PS2 starts to suffer Square *may* consider 'abandoning ship'...
SkillsTakinPills
DCEmu Banned
DCEmu Banned

So would 2nd party be like groups that only develop for only one console? Like exclusives?
radish28
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by radish28 »

no such thing theres 1st and 3rd... and dveers that do only thqt console would be r&d departments like sega's r&d departments... all 9...
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

[quote=SkillsTakinPills]
So would 2nd party be like groups that only develop for only one console? Like exclusives?
[/quote]

Yep. Because they're completely owned and funded by their respective parent company, but also totally autonomous. Kind of like Aiwa are seperate to Sony, but totally owned by them. Rare is a very good example of this; you don't see Rare games on anything other than Nintendo systems, even though Rare are a seperate company. Bungee (I believe) fall into this category as well.

The thing is, a company is only as good as its dev team. If the parent company mess them about, or it looks like their exclusivity is a hindrance the programmers will happily leave to do their own thing. Thats why Timesplitters on PS2 was developed by some of the people who worked on Goldeneye for N64, because they were unhappy with the way Perfect Dark was going; in retrospect they made bad choice: Perfect Dark is *much* better than Timesplitters was.
shawn27199
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

hmmm

Post by shawn27199 »

well I HAVE ALL THREE currently and i get more play from my ps2. xbox next then cube last. but once i get a chip for my bpx and cube ill be playing a lot more of them..
SkillsTakinPills
DCEmu Banned
DCEmu Banned

Well I just read this over at xbox-emulation.com
It says when someone hooked up the hard drive to a computer Win2k said it had a 10 GB hard rive. So they may still have 10 GB and not 8 GB.
On the site just look for the head line that says "A look at the XBox Harddrive"
Kami

Post by Kami »

I wouldn't say Nintendo had a better launch. Sony went through the same problems with the ps2. I remember on launch they had very few. I laughed at'm for that but then again now they are basically thte dominant force in the console biz until nintendo and ms can gain some ground.
Tails Prower
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Tails Prower »

XBOX! and xbox has 41 launch games, gc has 20, (in the way of whats coiming out during 2001)