Ramen Noodles

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Ramen Noodles

Post by fatheadpi »

I think the subject of Ramen Noodles goes very much undiscussed on these boards. With that in mind, I would like to point out a few of the finer points of this versatile little food.

A. Tasty
B. Ungodly cheap
C. Really, really, really friggin cheap and tasty

My favorite flavors (All Maruchan Brand):

Roast Chicken
Oriental
Oriental + 1/3 of a Chili packet
Beef
Roast Beef
Shrimp
Chicken Mushroom

Flavours that suck:

Straight Chili
Creamy Chicken
Top Ramen
Last edited by fatheadpi on Mon Sep 02, 2002 2:48 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.
-Azathoth-
Jounin Shinobi
Jounin Shinobi

Post by -Azathoth- »

I must have eaten enough Top Ramen/Maruchan instant noodles to feed all of China, TWICE.

I still eat them though
"Deviantart is the home of messed up emo kids"
0newinged
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by 0newinged »

Hmm... it would help if I knew what they are exactly??

Are they some sort of dried noodles that come with a small package of MSG-loaded flavor????

If so.... then I love them :D
-Azathoth-
Jounin Shinobi
Jounin Shinobi

Post by -Azathoth- »

btw, I pour a TON of ground up chili peppers in my noodles. It brings out da flava.

Or you can put a diced green chili in there too. Anything that makes you sweat is tasty.
btm4k
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by btm4k »

I am so glad this is a topic.

The picanate beef is the best flavor.

Its kinda funny, but my friend got back from Japan and he bought me some Japanese ramen. I finally ate it today. It had four packets of flavoring. Because I can't read Japanese, I looked at the pictures for directions and I messed it up. I added the flavoring packets before I put the hot water in. I couldn't dump the water because it would also drain the flavoring. Japanese ramen has a lot more quality than American top ramen.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Yea ungodly cheap is true. I think for 1.89 you can get like 10 packages of these at Aldi's!

There great for there price though. Meal fit for a king!

Well except that King in Excaliber he deserves better since he could wield the sword of the gods.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Quall
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Quall »

So very good. At Giant Eagle, they cost like 10 cents each. These are what I usually donate to charity at our "feed the hungry" fundraisers.
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

TO those of you who have problems cooking Ramen noodles, I will explain to you the proper way to cook ramen noodles so as to bring out the flavor (packet).

1. Get a small pot, put enough water in it to cover the ramen noodle block and then some. Warm it up, boiling is not necessary, just get it good and hot.

2. When the water is heated, toss in the brick of noodles. THis leads us to an immediate dellema: we have crumbs of noodles. Either A. Eat them in one big gulp or B. Toss em on in to make noodle water, whcih can be made into an after ramen ritual.

3. Let the noodles start to soften up. While you're wating, spoon about 2 small ladels full of water out of the pot and into a bowl you plan to eat the noodles out of. Add all of the flavor pack to the water in the bowl, and mix well, creating a small puddle of salt and msg loaded ramen noodle flavor pack broth.

4. While you wait for the noodles to finish, shove your toungue into the flavor pack to get at any left over flavoring.

5. What happens next is a matter of choice in texture. Depending on how long you leave the noodle block in the water, it will get softer. I don't leave mine in very long, as I like a little texture to it, and when it is still a little dry, it soaks the flavoring right up. However, it is a bit harder to eat. THose of you lower down on the Ramen IQ scale might want to fully cook your noodles so you can eat them easier. Based off your preference, use the ladel and pick up about 1/3 of the block of noodles at a time, and drain off any water that came up with it. Drop into bowl with broth. Repeat until done, it's okay to leave the noodle shavings in the pot.

6. Using a fork, mash the noodles around in the bowl, separating them and exposing them to the concentrated flavor pack broth. THis actually makes the noodles taste like what the packet advertises. You also end up with a clean pot, which, after the following optional ritual, is technically clean, and doesn't require cleaning. A neat trick for you college dorm kids.

7. Garnish as desired, and enjoy.

OPTIONAL RAMEN NOODLE RITUAL:

WHen you have finished using this method to cook all the ramen noodles you need, you should have a bowl of leftover noodle shavings and a thick cloudy noodle water. A great ritual to punish idiots, initiate new guys, or force upon those too stupid or lazy to make their own damned ramen noodles, is this: Make someone chug the entire bowl of noodle water.

Cleanup

Wash out all bowls that Ramen noodles were placed into. Wash the ladel and all forks. Either chug the bowl (RE: OPTIONAL RAMEN NOODLE RITUAL) or dump it in the sink, either way, just rinse it out, it doesn't need a real cleaning. Hey, you just almost boiled water in it, right? Wash hands. COnsume vast quanities of alchohol. Watch TV. Repeat until full or in a state of blind drunkeness.
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.
liltimmyw
Mother Trucker
Mother Trucker

Post by liltimmyw »

I have friends who are addicted to these things as if there were marijuana in the ingredients.

I am afraid to try them
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

They rule all. Not pot, but just an insanely great food.
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

Are these like 2min nuddles?

If so, garish with cooked onion and bacon and put cheese on top for geat meal
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

Yeah, they cook in about two minutes. You sound like the gourmet ramen noodle chef kinda guy.
btm4k
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by btm4k »

I cook them by crushing the brick into pieces so it fits into a bowl, then pour the flavoring packet onto it. I then dump hot water onto it and stick it into the microwave for 2 minutes. It comes out warm and steamy. MMMmmmm.
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

Yes, we call them 2 minute noodles out here in the suburbs.

The best about them is that they taste good with anything :!:
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

LOL. Good one btm4k. Still, using a microwave on ramen noodles, that's almost like using a gameshark on a mortal kombat game.
MetalGearRay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by MetalGearRay »

I FREAKIN LOVE RAMEN NOODLES! They are cheap, and they taste HELLA good! MMMM... It's been too long since I've had some...
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

So grab a buck and buy a flat.
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

Quall wrote:So very good. At Giant Eagle, they cost like 10 cents each. These are what I usually donate to charity at our "feed the hungry" fundraisers.
giant eagle, :lol: you must be from the pa or ohio area.

i personally smash up the noodles before i even boil them. its easier this way. just let some anger out and beat the package before you open it, but, dont beat to hard or the cheap packaging will bust open.
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!
-Azathoth-
Jounin Shinobi
Jounin Shinobi

Post by -Azathoth- »

You guys are so sad. Beating up poor helpless noodles. :roll:

Personally, my method of cooking goes like this.

1. Boil about 1/2 a small pot of water.

2. Pour in all the flavor packet (preferably beef) and add some crushed red chili peppers.

3. Stir until the water has absorbed everything.

4. Turn heat off and drop in your uncrushed noodles.

5. Cover pot with lid so the noodles absorb all that flavor.

6. Come back 3 or 4 minutes later and stir noodles.

7. Pour contents of pot into a small non-plastic bowl and enjoy!
btm4k
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by btm4k »

Boiling it takes too long. Does anyone besides me ever use the microwave?